Notices
McLaren McLaren MP4-12C, F1, & More Discussion Forum.

The Official McLaren F1 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2012, 04:19 PM
Teamspeed Member
ZondaTricolore You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ZondaTricolore You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ZondaTricolore You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ZondaTricolore You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ZondaTricolore You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ZondaTricolore You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ZondaTricolore You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ZondaTricolore You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ZondaTricolore You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ZondaTricolore You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ZondaTricolore You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Thanks for the info Erik.

I was wondering if any of you guys had seen this Polish Mclaren F1 replica? It has an Audi V6 producing around 200HP.
Obviously nothing on the original, but a great piece of craftsmanship in my opinion!

I have acouple more questions Erik. On your YT channel, you posted the yellow Mclaren owned by ELG engineering in 2010.
Would you happen to know if the car is still wrapped in plastic like that, or has it moved to another owner? And what was the reason of him leaving the car in that state?

Also, do you have any models of the Mclaren?

Thanks

Old 06-26-2012, 04:28 PM
Banned
gmaccormack is an unknown quantity at this point
The yellow car is now white and still in the us. The car came from the bruni royal family collection.

Old 06-26-2012, 04:49 PM
Teamspeed Member
ZondaTricolore You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ZondaTricolore You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ZondaTricolore You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ZondaTricolore You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ZondaTricolore You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ZondaTricolore You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ZondaTricolore You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ZondaTricolore You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ZondaTricolore You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ZondaTricolore You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ZondaTricolore You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by gmaccormack
The yellow car is now white and still in the us. The car came from the bruni royal family collection.
I think that must be a different one (forgot the chassis, think it was 14) with the hdf kit.

In the video it says its been wrapped in plastic since it left mclaren in the 90's.
This one is also in Japan, not Brunei.

I may be mistaken though

Old 06-26-2012, 06:13 PM
Teamspeed Member
F1GTRUeno will become famous soon enoughF1GTRUeno will become famous soon enoughF1GTRUeno will become famous soon enoughF1GTRUeno will become famous soon enoughF1GTRUeno will become famous soon enoughF1GTRUeno will become famous soon enoughF1GTRUeno will become famous soon enoughF1GTRUeno will become famous soon enough
As far as is known, the yellow one is still wrapped up in Japan.

Chassis #060.

No doubt Erik probably has some insight as to why or if it has moved.

Old 06-26-2012, 07:11 PM
Banned
gmaccormack is an unknown quantity at this point
My bad! The only yellow car I knew of was the bruni car.

Old 06-26-2012, 10:32 PM
McLaren Fanatic
Peloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond repute
Yes - believed to be chassis #060. One of the rarest F1s as far as being seen anywhere online since I started paying attention. I don't think it was actually owned by ELG - rather just stored there as ELG were one of McLaren's servicing partners in Japan. As of the last time it was spotted it still had less than 300kms on the odometer (essentially delivery mileage) and most of the plastic was still there. I think ELG either closed or ended their association with McLaren and I do believe the car has been moved as a more recent photo showed it in a different location and then another image showed it being serviced at another McLaren servicing partner in Japan called COX Inc.

There has been a mild rumor in the past year or so of a yellow F1 in the South of France but no confirmed sightings with photos or any confirmation of which chassis, however, there is always a chance it could be that one.

>8^)
ER

Old 06-26-2012, 11:32 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Stephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Peloton25
Yes - believed to be chassis #060. One of the rarest F1s as far as being seen anywhere online since I started paying attention. I don't think it was actually owned by ELG - rather just stored there as ELG were one of McLaren's servicing partners in Japan. As of the last time it was spotted it still had less than 300kms on the odometer (essentially delivery mileage) and most of the plastic was still there. I think ELG either closed or ended their association with McLaren and I do believe the car has been moved as a more recent photo showed it in a different location and then another image showed it being serviced at another McLaren servicing partner in Japan called COX Inc.

There has been a mild rumor in the past year or so of a yellow F1 in the South of France but no confirmed sightings with photos or any confirmation of which chassis, however, there is always a chance it could be that one.

>8^)
ER
Erik. Your a monster.

Old 06-27-2012, 10:43 AM
Teamspeed Member
Originally Posted by Stephan
Erik. Your a monster.

Old 06-27-2012, 10:44 AM
Teamspeed Member
Originally Posted by gmaccormack
My bad! The only yellow car I knew of was the bruni car.
111 pages has taught me alot

Old 06-28-2012, 08:46 PM
McLaren Fanatic
Peloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond repute
I only have 56 pages - change your Settings in the Control Panel.

Here's two of the more recent pics of #060 (assumed) from Japan:

Name:  163b11417ab28e52f2acaa25a163200f0.jpg
Views: 325
Size:  21.4 KB Name:  163b11417ab28e52f2acaa25a163200f1.jpg
Views: 269
Size:  19.2 KB

Here's a shot taken a little more than two years ago at COX Inc in Japan:

Name:  pdl.jpg
Views: 376
Size:  46.7 KB

That is the left passenger seat on the floor in front of the car. You can easily see in all the photos that the plastic is still there.

>8^)
ER

Last edited by Peloton25; 06-28-2012 at 08:48 PM.

Quick Reply: The Official McLaren F1 Thread