Notices
Maserati | Alfa Romeo | General Italian Quattroporte, Gran Turismo, MC12, 4C, Guilia & More Discussion Forum.

Lancia Stratos Revival Officially Dead

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2012, 12:29 PM
Former Sponsor
Ray@Renown is a name known to allRay@Renown is a name known to allRay@Renown is a name known to allRay@Renown is a name known to allRay@Renown is a name known to allRay@Renown is a name known to allRay@Renown is a name known to allRay@Renown is a name known to allRay@Renown is a name known to allRay@Renown is a name known to allRay@Renown is a name known to all
Yah some friends in the design world worked on it, just like they Rolls Hyperion it was a one off deal.

Old 01-04-2012, 12:37 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
luca19807 is an unknown quantity at this point
They could look for any engine other than a Chrysler. It is not a Lancia project, if it was they wouldn't have any problem getting that Ferrari engine, as both makers incidentally belong to Fiat Group. Alfa could use with no problem the Maserati 4.7 even before it was used on any Maser with the 8C...

Ps. This is my first post here, hello everybody!

Old 01-04-2012, 01:02 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
LaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond repute
It would have been cool, but I think they were estimating that it would cost about $700,000...way to expensive for what it is!

Old 01-04-2012, 01:15 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
SPEEDANDTECH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SPEEDANDTECH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SPEEDANDTECH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SPEEDANDTECH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SPEEDANDTECH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SPEEDANDTECH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SPEEDANDTECH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SPEEDANDTECH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SPEEDANDTECH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SPEEDANDTECH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SPEEDANDTECH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Might be a kewl concept, but would people be willing to fork up 200-300k for this? Not a chance. I don't know what the original is from? 70s or 80s?

Old 01-04-2012, 01:38 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Read in a recent TG Mag that a UK company would convert customers's Scud for the new Stratos but I think it's cancelled as well for rights and license issues. If Lancia started a limited run of these cars using the Scud's engine and chassis, it would've been great, after all they belong to the Fiat Group so rights and license issues wouldn't be a big problem. Too bad it got cancelled and the project is now dead. At least there is one produced.

Old 01-04-2012, 02:10 PM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by LaneS@macarbon.com
It would have been cool, but I think they were estimating that it would cost about $700,000...way to expensive for what it is!
Under $500k Euro (so under $700k LOL) is what an email from Stratos told me.

I love the thought but for that money I want an original. There is a lot of blue sky profit in this car at $700k in my book. Buy a Scud $200k. Add Body Kit $200k (max for engineering etc) sell for $700k

Here is the letter I received April 2011
Dear Mr. XXXXX,

I am pleased to inform you that the signing of a contract is immiment, following talks which Michael Stoschek and Pininfarina began at the Geneva Motor Show about the planned low-volume series of the New Stratos.

The basic price is to be lower than 500,000 euros; it is planned to use the chassis of a Ferrari 360 F1. Base vehicles such as the F430 or the Scuderia as well as several feature variants are to be offered as an option.

We will keep you informed about further steps.

Best Regards

Old 01-04-2012, 02:32 PM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by STOPPIE
Shame; but honestly- the right thing to do. Ferrari doesn't need its 430 whored out to be another make.
whored out?

this thing would have been an iconic beast with very limited production numbers...so no need to worry

it`s a lightweight purist car which offers anything one could want

a shame the F guys are so pvssy about that

Old 01-04-2012, 02:34 PM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ECB
whored out?

this thing would have been an iconic beast with very limited production numbers...so no need to worry

it`s a lightweight purist car which offers anything one could want

a shame the F guys are so pvssy about that
I'd bet a large amount of money they are just using Ferrari as a scape goat. I'd bet they didn't receive much interest so shelved the project prior to spending too much money.

Old 01-04-2012, 04:12 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Superfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by h20skier
I love the thought but for that money I want an original.
^^^ QFT. I've always loved the original. The new one was (is?) very nice, really gorgeous in fact, but for that money, no question in my mind, I'd want the original (and given where I *think* 73-76 prices are, I'm pretty sure I'd have a few bucks left over in my bank account).

Old 01-04-2012, 04:51 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
McLarenF1LM is an unknown quantity at this point
I was looking forward to seeing this in production. However it would probably have gone further had it been developed on its own chassis with Ferrari sourced F360 or F430 motors.

Quick Reply: Lancia Stratos Revival Officially Dead