Notices
///M BMW's Motorsport Inspired Road Cars Discussion Forum.
Powered by CARiD.com

Z3 M Coupé Resto and Engine Rebuild !

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2013, 08:33 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
El Wehbi has a spectacular aura aboutEl Wehbi has a spectacular aura aboutEl Wehbi has a spectacular aura aboutEl Wehbi has a spectacular aura aboutEl Wehbi has a spectacular aura aboutEl Wehbi has a spectacular aura aboutEl Wehbi has a spectacular aura aboutEl Wehbi has a spectacular aura aboutEl Wehbi has a spectacular aura aboutEl Wehbi has a spectacular aura aboutEl Wehbi has a spectacular aura about
I don't want this project to end!

Old 03-27-2013, 06:53 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Clubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by bmw power
nice update!
Thanks my friend.
Originally Posted by El Wehbi
I don't want this project to end!
I have to disagree this time Brake It's taken long enough.. few more weeks and we are there ! Hopefully...

Old 04-01-2013, 09:46 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Clubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond repute
The car was way too loud so installed cats to reduce the noise and it worked like a charm,

Name:  image-5_zpsc61a009a.jpeg
Views: 21
Size:  116.8 KB

Now that most of the engine and mechanical stuff out of the way, we switched back to cosmetic part. The bonnet and bumpers are getting ready for clean-up paint.

Holes from the hood clips filled and primed,

Name:  image1-4_zps544e968e.jpeg
Views: 26
Size:  72.2 KB

The holes for the hamann aero parts on the rear bumper filled and primed,

Name:  image3-6_zps72f80719.jpeg
Views: 38
Size:  49.3 KB

Name:  image5-6_zpsb7282676.jpeg
Size:  37.9 KB

Licence plate holes filled and bumper fully primed,

Name:  image6-5_zps931c3e08.jpeg
Views: 20
Size:  43.3 KB

Tomorrow they all go to paint booth.. Looking forward to final results. Keep watching...

Old 04-03-2013, 11:51 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Today the car got out of paint shop, the paint is flawless and the hood looks 10x better without ricer hood pins. Smooth front bumper without licence plate also adds to the clean look. I am very happy with the results. Before paint shots, we took care of tiny details again

First, I sanded and waxed the headlights as they were really worn and blurry,

Name:  image-5_zps344733ca.jpeg
Size:  57.9 KB

Then, I replaced the old looking bumper lights with new ones, old vs new,

Name:  image1-4_zpsca097274.jpeg
Views: 33
Size:  67.6 KB

On the car,

Finally replaced the number plate light as it was also pretty discolored and dirty,

Name:  image4-6_zpsaa250a21.jpeg
Size:  35.9 KB

Old vs. new,

Name:  image5-6_zpsb9f39167.jpeg
Views: 38
Size:  50.1 KB

New one put in, much better,

Name:  image6-5_zps592a6248.jpeg
Views: 23
Size:  45.6 KB

After these little youth touches, she looked much younger

Name:  image3-6_zps214434da.jpeg
Views: 22
Size:  69.6 KB

Name:  image7-6_zpsae2fa24e.jpeg
Views: 43
Size:  89.3 KB

Now that majority of the work is done (engine rebuild, paint, mechanics etc.), it is time for the interior. Tomorrow, I'll drop it to my upholstery guy for a little freshen up and some personal touches We're almost there. Keep watching ...

Old 04-03-2013, 03:02 PM
Teamspeed Pro
0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute
Beautiful mashaAllah.

Old 04-03-2013, 04:53 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by 0-60Motorsports
Beautiful mashaAllah.
Thank you my friend.

Old 04-05-2013, 11:29 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
propr`one has a reputation beyond reputepropr`one has a reputation beyond reputepropr`one has a reputation beyond reputepropr`one has a reputation beyond reputepropr`one has a reputation beyond reputepropr`one has a reputation beyond reputepropr`one has a reputation beyond reputepropr`one has a reputation beyond reputepropr`one has a reputation beyond reputepropr`one has a reputation beyond reputepropr`one has a reputation beyond repute
looking great! Can't wait to get my Z out :P

Old 04-05-2013, 12:18 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Just got the car back from my upholstery guy. He used his usual tricks and skills to liven up the interior. Instead of retrimming in the interior with new leather and such, we went for restoration route.
First, the seats were switched (left to right) so that the entrance bolster were hidden on the other side, then the worn padding got renewed with firm, fresh ones to give extra bit of tight look. Then they were warmed up and weted back to back for a few times. This makes the loose leather stretch back to its original form. Lastly they were washed. Here are the results,

During washing,

Name:  image-5_zpsbedaa8d0.jpeg
Size:  50.5 KB

Finished look,

Name:  image12-2_zps93282117.jpeg
Views: 18
Size:  59.9 KB

Name:  image10-3_zpsd5c9a505.jpeg
Size:  62.2 KB

Name:  image11-3_zps385425dc.jpeg
Size:  59.8 KB

Once the rest finished, then came turn for my little personal touches. To keep the black and red theme, I contrast stitched the door grab and center console sides.

Door Grabs,

Name:  image1-4_zpsca34f2c9.jpeg
Size:  46.7 KB

Name:  image2-8_zps82d2d3c1.jpeg
Size:  60.1 KB

Name:  image3-6_zps9599d100.jpeg
Views: 37
Size:  41.8 KB

and the center console sides,

Name:  image4-6_zps58eb0de3.jpeg
Size:  66.8 KB

Name:  image7-6_zpsd6686429.jpeg
Views: 36
Size:  66.9 KB

Name:  image5-6_zps55cdc303.jpeg
Views: 23
Size:  66.6 KB

Finally matt painted the airbag, as it was very shiny. Not very clear in this picture but the result is very good.
Overall I am very happy with interior works. Tomorrow will be wheel alignment, quick detail and hopefully final delivery

Old 04-05-2013, 07:59 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Mike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond repute
Amazing work as per usual! Thanks for sharing

Old 04-06-2013, 07:08 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by Mike S
Amazing work as per usual! Thanks for sharing
Thanks a lot Mike ! We both love these cars and I believe they deserve this care. Yours is a mint one !

Quick Reply: Z3 M Coupé Resto and Engine Rebuild !