Notices
///M BMW's Motorsport Inspired Road Cars Discussion Forum.
Powered by CARiD.com

Used ///M engines & transmissions for sale?

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2012 | 06:44 AM
Teamspeed Pro
0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by El Wehbi
I always knew electronics were going to be the hard part, but didn't think as complicated as you have stated. That's the beauty of being a part of forums like these, learn something new everyday.

Do you know of any Pectal providers I can research online? Just to get a better understanding of their capabilities, requirements, etc. This is a long term project so I am not as concerned in regards to time. I just want to make sure it is possible prior to kicking it all off. I also don't want to spend ridiculous amounts of money, but I guess that is never an option when taking on complicated swap projects.
Here is some info:
Pectel SQ6 ECU - Hardware Features. | Apex Speed Technology

You might want to go over to Bimmerforums - The Ultimate BMW Forum - Powered by vBulletin and post this topic up there as you will get a lot more insight there. A lot of people have done crazy swaps on that forum and they have a wealth of info there.

any way even if you have ten years your not going to get anywhere with this unless you have the right people who can do magic with wiring. This is not a PnP project by far! Also the pectel will have to be custom tuned etc.

Neel at APex is the right guy to speak to about this.

Old 12-24-2012 | 09:27 AM
|
Teamspeed Senior Member
El Wehbi has a spectacular aura aboutEl Wehbi has a spectacular aura aboutEl Wehbi has a spectacular aura aboutEl Wehbi has a spectacular aura aboutEl Wehbi has a spectacular aura aboutEl Wehbi has a spectacular aura aboutEl Wehbi has a spectacular aura aboutEl Wehbi has a spectacular aura aboutEl Wehbi has a spectacular aura aboutEl Wehbi has a spectacular aura aboutEl Wehbi has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by 0-60Motorsports
Here is some info:
Pectel SQ6 ECU - Hardware Features. | Apex Speed Technology

You might want to go over to Bimmerforums - The Ultimate BMW Forum - Powered by vBulletin and post this topic up there as you will get a lot more insight there. A lot of people have done crazy swaps on that forum and they have a wealth of info there.

any way even if you have ten years your not going to get anywhere with this unless you have the right people who can do magic with wiring. This is not a PnP project by far! Also the pectel will have to be custom tuned etc.

Neel at APex is the right guy to speak to about this.
I have been on Bimmerforums but no one has offered to help out as of yet; just a site recommendation or two. Was hoping I would get more feedback over there but that hasn't been the case.

Thanks for sharing the Pectel ECU link, very insightful. You've been a great help man!

Anyone else care to provide input? Always listening...

Old 12-24-2012 | 12:34 PM
Teamspeed Pro
0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute
I have been on Bimmerforums but no one has offered to help out as of yet; just a site recommendation or two. Was hoping I would get more feedback over there but that hasn't been the case.

Thanks for sharing the Pectel ECU link, very insightful. You've been a great help man!

Anyone else care to provide input? Always listening...
Keep bumping the thread on BF. someone will chime in sooner or later.

Old 12-24-2012 | 01:19 PM
|
Teamspeed Senior Member
El Wehbi has a spectacular aura aboutEl Wehbi has a spectacular aura aboutEl Wehbi has a spectacular aura aboutEl Wehbi has a spectacular aura aboutEl Wehbi has a spectacular aura aboutEl Wehbi has a spectacular aura aboutEl Wehbi has a spectacular aura aboutEl Wehbi has a spectacular aura aboutEl Wehbi has a spectacular aura aboutEl Wehbi has a spectacular aura aboutEl Wehbi has a spectacular aura about
Keep bumping the thread on BF. someone will chime in sooner or later.
Thanks bud, will do!

Old 12-27-2012 | 08:09 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
JonnybravoM3 is a glorious beacon of lightJonnybravoM3 is a glorious beacon of lightJonnybravoM3 is a glorious beacon of lightJonnybravoM3 is a glorious beacon of lightJonnybravoM3 is a glorious beacon of lightJonnybravoM3 is a glorious beacon of lightJonnybravoM3 is a glorious beacon of lightJonnybravoM3 is a glorious beacon of lightJonnybravoM3 is a glorious beacon of lightJonnybravoM3 is a glorious beacon of lightJonnybravoM3 is a glorious beacon of light
You also have the E30 M3 who may be a member on m5board.com and who swapped his motor for the S85 V10. He must have had to go through similar experiences with the electricals etc... Might be worth looking him up. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeY1gOpntYc

Goodluck and keep us posted! Oh and as 0-60 said, there are a lot of S85 V10s available in UAE (I think they cost roughly AED 50,000).

Old 12-27-2012 | 11:30 AM
|
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by JonnybravoM3
You also have the E30 M3 who may be a member on m5board.com and who swapped his motor for the S85 V10. He must have had to go through similar experiences with the electricals etc... Might be worth looking him up. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeY1gOpntYc

Goodluck and keep us posted! Oh and as 0-60 said, there are a lot of S85 V10s available in UAE (I think they cost roughly AED 50,000).
Will definitely look him up! Thanks for the tip!

In regards to potential units, I was recently PM'd by a very helpful gentleman on this forum who has an Alpina B7 supercharged V8 unit, along with its transmission, for sale. I am strongly considering it as it could also be an unexpected basis for a swap project. Only issue is I don't think I'll be able to incorporate a manual gearbox with it as Alpina never offered it to begin with; nor did the 7 Series ever come with a self-rower as an option. I guess I can get over that, considering a GT model such as the 8 Series can be enjoyed with an automatic.

The engine package also comes with an ECU, electrical wiring harness, fuel tank and a few other bits. 0-60 was totally right though, the electrical part of this project will be the major hurdle.

Will keep you posted!

Last edited by El Wehbi; 12-27-2012 at 11:32 AM.
Old 12-27-2012 | 12:40 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Will definitely look him up! Thanks for the tip!

In regards to potential units, I was recently PM'd by a very helpful gentleman on this forum who has an Alpina B7 supercharged V8 unit, along with its transmission, for sale. I am strongly considering it as it could also be an unexpected basis for a swap project. Only issue is I don't think I'll be able to incorporate a manual gearbox with it as Alpina never offered it to begin with; nor did the 7 Series ever come with a self-rower as an option. I guess I can get over that, considering a GT model such as the 8 Series can be enjoyed with an automatic.

The engine package also comes with an ECU, electrical wiring harness, fuel tank and a few other bits. 0-60 was totally right though, the electrical part of this project will be the major hurdle.

Will keep you posted!
For the alpina swap to the manual gearbox. A lot less headaches and the car will be more enjoyable to drive.

Old 12-27-2012 | 02:14 PM
|
Teamspeed Senior Member
For the alpina swap to the manual gearbox. A lot less headaches and the car will be more enjoyable to drive.
Regarding the Alpina unit, if I decide to shelve the auto transmission it comes with for a manual will need to figure out which 6-speed to use from BMW.