Notices
///M BMW's Motorsport Inspired Road Cars Discussion Forum.
Powered by CARiD.com

Used ///M engines & transmissions for sale?

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2012 | 12:10 PM
|
Teamspeed Senior Member
El Wehbi has a spectacular aura aboutEl Wehbi has a spectacular aura aboutEl Wehbi has a spectacular aura aboutEl Wehbi has a spectacular aura aboutEl Wehbi has a spectacular aura aboutEl Wehbi has a spectacular aura aboutEl Wehbi has a spectacular aura aboutEl Wehbi has a spectacular aura aboutEl Wehbi has a spectacular aura aboutEl Wehbi has a spectacular aura aboutEl Wehbi has a spectacular aura about
Used ///M engines & transmissions for sale?

Hi guys,

Was just wondering if anyone knew of any reliable, credible companies which can help provide access to the following used or rebuilt engines for a few swap projects:

- E39 ///M5 engine and 6-speed manual transmission
- E60 ///M5 engine and 7-speed SMG III transmission

Some help and recommendations would be highly appreciated.

Thanks!

Old 12-20-2012 | 07:57 AM
Teamspeed Pro
0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute
Available in Dubai/Sharjah/Kuwait.

Old 12-20-2012 | 10:53 AM
|
Teamspeed Senior Member
El Wehbi has a spectacular aura aboutEl Wehbi has a spectacular aura aboutEl Wehbi has a spectacular aura aboutEl Wehbi has a spectacular aura aboutEl Wehbi has a spectacular aura aboutEl Wehbi has a spectacular aura aboutEl Wehbi has a spectacular aura aboutEl Wehbi has a spectacular aura aboutEl Wehbi has a spectacular aura aboutEl Wehbi has a spectacular aura aboutEl Wehbi has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by 0-60Motorsports
Available in Dubai/Sharjah/Kuwait.
Really? Where in Kuwait?

I feel like the quality wouldn't be as good if I went and purchased it from a scrap yard. If there were used items, then I'd think they'd be overinflated.

And if anyone else has any recommendations in the States or Europe, would also be appreciated

Last edited by El Wehbi; 12-20-2012 at 10:58 AM.
Old 12-20-2012 | 01:20 PM
Teamspeed Pro
0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by El Wehbi
Really? Where in Kuwait?

I feel like the quality wouldn't be as good if I went and purchased it from a scrap yard. If there were used items, then I'd think they'd be overinflated.

And if anyone else has any recommendations in the States or Europe, would also be appreciated
Don't know where in Kuwait but my Kuwaiti friends told me about them being available.

I have good friends in Sharjah who have some as well.

Old 12-20-2012 | 02:10 PM
Former Sponsor
ADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond repute
I would not mind a V10 in my car lol. Let me know if you find a good link!

Old 12-21-2012 | 06:30 AM
|
Teamspeed Senior Member
Don't know where in Kuwait but my Kuwaiti friends told me about them being available.

I have good friends in Sharjah who have some as well.
Might need your contacts in Sharjah. Will definitely check for ones in Kuwait.

Potentially swapping one of those units, along with their respective transmissions, into an 840i (E31). Do you foresee any issues coming up during the project?

Originally Posted by ADV.1 Tony
I would not mind a V10 in my car lol. Let me know if you find a good link!
Will definitely be sharing the sources and the project on Teamspeed once I can get it up and running. What car do you have Tony?

Last edited by El Wehbi; 12-21-2012 at 06:32 AM.
Old 12-21-2012 | 06:57 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Might need your contacts in Sharjah. Will definitely check for ones in Kuwait.

Potentially swapping one of those units, along with their respective transmissions, into an 840i (E31). Do you foresee any issues coming up during the project?

Will definitely be sharing the sources and the project on Teamspeed once I can get it up and running. What car do you have Tony?
I see a million issues coming up. The mechanical part won't be hat hard BUT your gona get buggered trying to get the electronics to work with the electronics of the E31 as they are generations apart. You will probably required a stand alone like pectal and that alone will cost you as much as the motor. Oh and don't forget the mechanical throttle conversion too,

Old 12-22-2012 | 12:19 PM
|
Teamspeed Senior Member
I see a million issues coming up. The mechanical part won't be hat hard BUT your gona get buggered trying to get the electronics to work with the electronics of the E31 as they are generations apart. You will probably required a stand alone like pectal and that alone will cost you as much as the motor. Oh and don't forget the mechanical throttle conversion too,
Thanks for the tip. Just to be clear, what's a "pectal"? In regards to electronics, I was hoping I would be able to override the E31's system with the newer one, but I'm guessing that won't be that easy.

Old 12-22-2012 | 12:54 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Thanks for the tip. Just to be clear, what's a "pectal"? In regards to electronics, I was hoping I would be able to override the E31's system with the newer one, but I'm guessing that won't be that easy.
A Pectal Is a stand alone ecu. And No it's not as easy as you'll be able to override the E31s electronics lol. It's not impossible but its not easily possible either. Lets just say you should be ready for a lot of tears n sweat in this project.

Old 12-23-2012 | 05:46 AM
|
Teamspeed Senior Member
A Pectal Is a stand alone ecu. And No it's not as easy as you'll be able to override the E31s electronics lol. It's not impossible but its not easily possible either. Lets just say you should be ready for a lot of tears n sweat in this project.
I always knew electronics were going to be the hard part, but didn't think as complicated as you have stated. That's the beauty of being a part of forums like these, learn something new everyday.

Do you know of any Pectal providers I can research online? Just to get a better understanding of their capabilities, requirements, etc. This is a long term project so I am not as concerned in regards to time. I just want to make sure it is possible prior to kicking it all off. I also don't want to spend ridiculous amounts of money, but I guess that is never an option when taking on complicated swap projects.

Quick Reply: Used ///M engines & transmissions for sale?