Notices
///M BMW's Motorsport Inspired Road Cars Discussion Forum.
Powered by CARiD.com

Garage queen problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2011, 02:25 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
BRN9121 has a reputation beyond reputeBRN9121 has a reputation beyond reputeBRN9121 has a reputation beyond reputeBRN9121 has a reputation beyond reputeBRN9121 has a reputation beyond reputeBRN9121 has a reputation beyond reputeBRN9121 has a reputation beyond reputeBRN9121 has a reputation beyond reputeBRN9121 has a reputation beyond reputeBRN9121 has a reputation beyond reputeBRN9121 has a reputation beyond repute
Something just doesn't add up here! I hope your problems get resolved after this diagnosis. But I have a feeling that dreaded SES light is gonna pop up again when you drive her off!

From experience, a car that has been sitting idle and driven low mileage, you can bet it's the fuel supply! Replacing fuel pump, fuel filter and fuel tank sensors usually fix the problem!

Old 06-17-2011, 03:52 PM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
stuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BRN9121
Something just doesn't add up here! I hope your problems get resolved after this diagnosis. But I have a feeling that dreaded SES light is gonna pop up again when you drive her off!

From experience, a car that has been sitting idle and driven low mileage, you can bet it's the fuel supply! Replacing fuel pump, fuel filter and fuel tank sensors usually fix the problem!
I had mentioned that in my first post. The fuel sending unit and fuel sensor was replaced when another shop saw the 95 code. I also had them replace the fuel filter, since it was never changed. But in reality, they probably didn't need to be replaced, since the SES was still going on after that.

Fuel injectors that far out of the factory spec of 300 could certainly fool the DME into thinking that the tank is empty when the engine did not receive the requested fuel in time.

Old 06-18-2011, 03:04 AM
Teamspeed Pro
wyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond repute
I'd blast it from both ends (with the oil and in the gas tank) with SeaFoam.