Notices
///M BMW's Motorsport Inspired Road Cars Discussion Forum.
Powered by CARiD.com

For the love of Pete, slushie ONLY for the F10 M5!!!?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2011, 01:14 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
If true that makes me seriously look elsewhere.

If BMW does not at least put some type of actuated manual transmission in the car, it will show they have given up. The E60 M5 had the paddle shifted manual, so why they would take a step back just does not make sense.

Old 02-15-2011, 01:18 PM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
stuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Ag Surfer
Pretty sure its EPA and emissions related. If you want to row your own gears (like me) you might as well buy a proper sports car, not a family sedan.
I have a family sedan and a family wagon, and they both come with 6 speed.

Attached Images  
Old 02-15-2011, 01:22 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Ag Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by stuka
I have a family sedan and a family wagon, and they both come with 6 speed.
I too owned an e39 M5. I regret selling it to this day. But, the trend is clear with respect to new cars.

Old 02-15-2011, 01:23 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
If you want to row your own gears (like me) you might as well buy a proper sports car, not a family sedan.
i agree to a certain extent but if you have a family or other circumstances that preclude you from owning a proper sports car a car like the M5 is a practical alternative. it has always been the more sporting model when you consider its history and competitors.

as i said before E60 M5 6 speed > this

Old 02-15-2011, 01:24 PM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
stuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond repute
I too owned an e39 M5. I regret selling it to this day. But, the trend is clear with respect to new cars.
Grab one before all the nice low mile 2003's are gone forever.

It was exceedingly difficult for me to find mine in 2010, it will only get harder to find as time goes on.

Old 02-15-2011, 01:26 PM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
Originally Posted by IIVVX
i agree to a certain extent but if you have a family or other circumstances that preclude you from owning a proper sports car a car like the M5 is a practical alternative. it has always been the more sporting model when you consider its history and competitors.

as i said before E60 M5 6 speed > this
Did BMW ever relent and allow DSC to be compeltely off when you turn it off in the 6speed version?

I know in the beginning DSC could not be fully disabled, dunno why.

Old 02-15-2011, 01:27 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by stuka
Did BMW ever relent and allow DSC to be compeltely off when you turn it off in the 6speed version?

I know in the beginning DSC could not be fully disabled, dunno why.
ya i remember the DSC issue but i believe it was solved through either BMW itself or a fuse pull solution. don't quote me on that though

Old 02-15-2011, 01:29 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Pablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond repute
Wow
What a tragedy...I figured there would be no manual, but no dct is ridiculous at this point. Waste of an M5 imo

Old 02-15-2011, 01:33 PM
FIGJAM
apparently a BMW service bulletin solves the DSC issue in E60 M5's equipped with a 6 speed

Modify DSC to allow "DISABLE" for 6sp - The Unofficial BMW M5 Messageboard (m5board.com)

Old 02-15-2011, 03:22 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by h82bslow
Looks like I WILL NOT be getting this as my DD. The new E63 AMG with the TTV8 will be the one for me, hopefully in an avant.

Too bad BMW. You could have had an enormous market share had they given this next car a proper transmission.
so your willing to drive an automatic E63 but not M5 ?

Even mercedes "new" MCT is still an old school automatic except for the wet startup clutch vs torque converter. Not to be confused with the SLS's DCT...

Quick Reply: For the love of Pete, slushie ONLY for the F10 M5!!!?