Notices
///M BMW's Motorsport Inspired Road Cars Discussion Forum.
Powered by CARiD.com

OK this is getting old

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2010 | 03:29 AM
|
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
stuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond repute
OK this is getting old

I have the money, I am ready and willing to part with my money, but apparently, nice condition 2003 M5's are near impossible to find in anything but black or silver.

And people really need to stop lying. No paintwork doesn't mean the entire front end is resprayed OK? And no, changing the coolant once every 7 years is also NOT OK.

Sigh.

Old 04-08-2010 | 03:35 AM
Teamspeed Pro
LAZY TURBO has a reputation beyond reputeLAZY TURBO has a reputation beyond reputeLAZY TURBO has a reputation beyond reputeLAZY TURBO has a reputation beyond reputeLAZY TURBO has a reputation beyond reputeLAZY TURBO has a reputation beyond reputeLAZY TURBO has a reputation beyond reputeLAZY TURBO has a reputation beyond reputeLAZY TURBO has a reputation beyond reputeLAZY TURBO has a reputation beyond reputeLAZY TURBO has a reputation beyond repute
i think its time for you to move on to another car...

Old 04-08-2010 | 03:43 AM
|
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
stuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by LAZY TURBO
i think its time for you to move on to another car...
There is nothing out there that's close to E39 M5's. Not crazy about E60 M5's, already have a B7 (the back is too small), if you want RWD manual with good beackseat area that is put together well, it's pretty slim picking.

Thought about E90 M3's, but the backseat is too small, about the same as the B7.

I wish I could like the look of E60 M5's, but I just can't.

Old 04-08-2010 | 04:00 AM
cupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond repute
I am not impressed a single bit.... LOL

Good luck finding one dude!

Old 04-08-2010 | 07:00 AM
Banned
SoCal is an unknown quantity at this point
Why don't you just get a newer M5?? V10-check. 500 hp-check. Fast as FVCK-check check check.

Old 04-08-2010 | 07:11 AM
cupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond repute
Cause once you drive the E39 M5, it's tough to compare it with anything else. That was one amazing car to drive!

Old 04-08-2010 | 08:17 AM
Ced
Official CED
Ced has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SoCal
Why don't you just get a newer M5?? V10-check. 500 hp-check. Fast as FVCK-check check check.
Originally Posted by cupcake of bahrain
Cause once you drive the E39 M5, it's tough to compare it with anything else. That was one amazing car to drive!
What good is all of this if you don't even like the look of the car ur sitting in?

Anyways, i think ur just being too picky Stuka.

Old 04-08-2010 | 09:34 AM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Have you considered an RS4? If you haven't driven one, do it.

FWIW, I've seen 3-4 different E39 M5s here in the Sunnyvale/San Jose area including an Imola Red one. You might try posting a "wanted" request on Craigslist in the SF/SJ areas.

Old 04-08-2010 | 09:40 AM
Banned
bmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond repute
I've been looking at one particular E39 that is in incredible shape. It is silver though. 36K miles babied to death. I've spoken on the phone with the owner a few times and you can tell he is an absolute fanatic. If you want the details let me know. I'm going to hold out for a white car although I may pinch myself for not moving on this car as its a killer deal. I negotiated down to 25K.

Old 04-08-2010 | 10:01 AM
TS BMW Forums
mtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond repute
Try posting a "wanted" ad with BMW CCA. I think it's free for members on bmwcca.org. You may have to pay for the print ads in Roundel though. GL with the find, brother!