Notices
///M BMW's Motorsport Inspired Road Cars Discussion Forum.
Powered by CARiD.com

OK this is getting old

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2010, 09:48 PM
Teamspeed Member
AcuraMDX has a spectacular aura aboutAcuraMDX has a spectacular aura aboutAcuraMDX has a spectacular aura aboutAcuraMDX has a spectacular aura aboutAcuraMDX has a spectacular aura aboutAcuraMDX has a spectacular aura aboutAcuraMDX has a spectacular aura aboutAcuraMDX has a spectacular aura aboutAcuraMDX has a spectacular aura aboutAcuraMDX has a spectacular aura aboutAcuraMDX has a spectacular aura about
I know you're in LA and I don't know how far you're willing to go to get the car, but we have this one in Montreal, Qc, Canada, for 19 900$, about 76 000 miles, black on beige, manual, pretty much everything including Nav.

Here's the link.

Used 2001 BMW M5 The Ultimate Driving Machine For Sale | Verdun QC

It's actually close by where I live, so I could go take a peak if you're interested.

Good luck !

Old 04-08-2010, 11:58 PM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
stuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by M5Kid
I'm still amazed by the E60 M5 market. Nicely specced cars with very reasonable miles for ~$40K -- that's A LOT of car for the money. I have my gripes with the car (a little finicky, and not exactly pretty), but I do enjoy them.

And, let's be honest, it's much more adequate size wise than the E39, which is roomier than the B7 Audi, but only marginally. The E60 is a proper size for a family.

i.e. 2006 BMW M5
I did really consider the E60.

The extended warranty is cheaper and the coverage is longer. The price is ridiculously low. And it's a much newer vintage.

But at the end of the day, I just cannot get over how ugly it looks. It is the steal of the century as far as a proper sports sedan is concerned, as long as you can live with the look.

I really don't think I can.

Old 04-09-2010, 12:00 AM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
stuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by AcuraMDX
I know you're in LA and I don't know how far you're willing to go to get the car, but we have this one in Montreal, Qc, Canada, for 19 900$, about 76 000 miles, black on beige, manual, pretty much everything including Nav.
Thanks, but I am looking for 2003, it being the last model year with lots of running changes, DVD NAV, etc.

I don't need a car NOW, but as soon as I come across a good one, I will pull the trigger. Like I said, I was prepared to move on the red one on eBay the next day, going as far as clicking on the buy it now price, until I found out about the lack of fluid change.

Old 04-09-2010, 02:52 AM
Teamspeed Pro
M5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by stuka
I did really consider the E60.

The extended warranty is cheaper and the coverage is longer. The price is ridiculously low. And it's a much newer vintage.

But at the end of the day, I just cannot get over how ugly it looks. It is the steal of the century as far as a proper sports sedan is concerned, as long as you can live with the look.

I really don't think I can.
I don't blame you, it isn't exactly the prettiest thing BMW has brought to market.

Plus, the 5.0l V8 sounds better . . .

Old 04-09-2010, 03:00 AM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Damn, Travis, what good is an "M5Kid" if he can't find poor Stuka an M5???

Old 04-09-2010, 01:54 PM
Teamspeed Pro
M5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond repute
^ LOL, I'm trying Chris, I swear!

This damn stuka is so picky though! Kidding, kidding . . .

Old 04-09-2010, 01:57 PM
Ara
Teamspeed Pro
Ara has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by M5Kid
I don't blame you, it isn't exactly the prettiest thing BMW has brought to market.

Plus, the 5.0l V8 sounds better . . .
I just test drove an E60 again yesterday, and I have to disagree with you. The E60 is one of the sweetest sounding mass production cars on the road. I personally love the look of the E60. After driving it again yesterday, I can safely say I would much prefer to drive one daily over my E39.

Old 04-09-2010, 02:10 PM
Teamspeed Pro
I should have stated that they have the potential to sound better. There are only a handful of cars on the road that I think sound better than the E39 M5 with say, Kellners mufflers. Unfair comparison, I admit.

Although, I've never heard an E60 fitted with an aftermarket setup. Perhaps I'd change my mind? It's the rough, almost tinny tickover and low end that I wasn't all that keen on in the E60. But you're right, they scream up in the rev range.

I could see how the E60 would be a better DD.

Last edited by M5Kid; 04-09-2010 at 02:15 PM.
Old 04-09-2010, 02:13 PM
Teamspeed Pro
stuka, I assume you saw this and didn't care for the color combination?

BMW : 5-Series : eBay Motors (item 250606995237 end time Apr-09-10 14:28:04 PDT)

Old 04-09-2010, 02:22 PM
Ara
Teamspeed Pro
Ara has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond repute
Ya, the Kelleners does sound amazing on the E39. That's what I would want for mine.

But..... E60/Eisenmann Race > E39/Kelleners. IMO of course.