Notices
///M BMW's Motorsport Inspired Road Cars Discussion Forum.
Powered by CARiD.com

OK this is getting old

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2010, 11:49 AM
cupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond repute
It can't get any better than this!

YouTube - GulfGT Drift Mania

Old 04-08-2010, 05:15 PM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
stuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
Have you considered an RS4? If you haven't driven one, do it.

FWIW, I've seen 3-4 different E39 M5s here in the Sunnyvale/San Jose area including an Imola Red one. You might try posting a "wanted" request on Craigslist in the SF/SJ areas.
The problem with the RS4 is that it's B7. I have a B7, and the backseat is not big enough for two car seats and an adult. That requires something like an E39 M5 or other cars of similar size. Otherwise I probably would have ordered an E90 M3 ED and be done with this.

I think I will do that.

I would love to have an Imola Red 03 M5. That way, I can have my ketchup and mustard setup. you know, the yellow S4 Avant and the red M5.

Old 04-08-2010, 05:20 PM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
stuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by bmoores
I've been looking at one particular E39 that is in incredible shape. It is silver though. 36K miles babied to death. I've spoken on the phone with the owner a few times and you can tell he is an absolute fanatic. If you want the details let me know. I'm going to hold out for a white car although I may pinch myself for not moving on this car as its a killer deal. I negotiated down to 25K.
I know that silver one.

I think if you like silver you shuld just pull the trigger.

I would strongly recommend Warranty Direct though, unless the seller has a warranty thrown in. My MIL's 740 has Warranty Direct, and let's just say that Warranty Direct lost money on the deal.

They are pretty good to deal with, as long as you accept the fact that it is not 100% coverage like the factory warranty. For instance, they covered the repalcement of her radiator, but not the expansion tank. Yeah, seriously, WTF right?

My plan is to buy one, slap on a full wrap front clearbra form Premier, buy warranty from Warranty Direct, then keep it forever.

Old 04-08-2010, 05:27 PM
Banned
bmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by stuka
I know that silver one.

I think if you like silver you shuld just pull the trigger.

I would strongly recommend Warranty Direct though, unless the seller has a warranty thrown in. My MIL's 740 has Warranty Direct, and let's just say that Warranty Direct lost money on the deal.

They are pretty good to deal with, as long as you accept the fact that it is not 100% coverage like the factory warranty. For instance, they covered the repalcement of her radiator, but not the expansion tank. Yeah, seriously, WTF right?

My plan is to buy one, slap on a full wrap front clearbra form Premier, buy warranty from Warranty Direct, then keep it forever.
I was really hoping to find a white one but they just don't pop up for sale that often and the ones that have have had issues. I'm so torn on what to do.

Old 04-08-2010, 05:35 PM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
Originally Posted by bmoores
I was really hoping to find a white one but they just don't pop up for sale that often and the ones that have have had issues. I'm so torn on what to do.
We can form out little M5 buyer support group to tell each other to hold out for the right car.

There was a white one on either AOL used car or ebay not that long ago, was that a story car?

Old 04-08-2010, 05:40 PM
Banned
bmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond repute
If its the scar i'm thinking of yes. It had some mechanical issue that had been taken to the dealer multiple times with no resolution.

Old 04-08-2010, 05:58 PM
Teamspeed Pro
M5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond repute
You're looking for a very specific car, it's going to take time.

I've been keeping my eye out for you when surfing Autotrader and Craigslist.

I'd say hang in there and hold out for the right car. You're going to keep this thing forever, after all.

Old 04-08-2010, 06:52 PM
Teamspeed Pro
barebones has a reputation beyond reputebarebones has a reputation beyond reputebarebones has a reputation beyond reputebarebones has a reputation beyond reputebarebones has a reputation beyond reputebarebones has a reputation beyond reputebarebones has a reputation beyond reputebarebones has a reputation beyond reputebarebones has a reputation beyond reputebarebones has a reputation beyond reputebarebones has a reputation beyond repute
So are your threads about e39 red m5's. Let us know when you get one

Old 04-08-2010, 09:23 PM
Teamspeed Pro
smy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by stuka
The problem with the RS4 is that it's B7. I have a B7, and the backseat is not big enough for two car seats and an adult. That requires something like an E39 M5 or other cars of similar size. Otherwise I probably would have ordered an E90 M3 ED and be done with this.

I think I will do that.

I would love to have an Imola Red 03 M5. That way, I can have my ketchup and mustard setup. you know, the yellow S4 Avant and the red M5.
This whole time I thought you were talking about an Alpina B7... silly me.

Old 04-08-2010, 09:34 PM
Teamspeed Pro
M5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond repute
I'm still amazed by the E60 M5 market. Nicely specced cars with very reasonable miles for ~$40K -- that's A LOT of car for the money. I have my gripes with the car (a little finicky, and not exactly pretty), but I do enjoy them.

And, let's be honest, it's much more adequate size wise than the E39, which is roomier than the B7 Audi, but only marginally. The E60 is a proper size for a family.

i.e. http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv...677801210.html

Last edited by M5Kid; 04-08-2010 at 09:41 PM.