Notices
///M BMW's Motorsport Inspired Road Cars Discussion Forum.
Powered by CARiD.com

Talk to me about M3s

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 11:17 PM
The black sheep of the family.
vtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond repute
Why don't you just keep the Gti ( it is a great DD ), sell the Porsche, buy the misses the TT, and save up your cash to buy the '12 GT3.

Seems like you are buying another car for no real reason.

Old 03-30-2010, 11:18 PM
Banned
STLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by vtgts300kw
Why don't you just keep the Gti ( it is a great DD ), sell the Porsche, buy the misses the TT, and save up your cash to buy the '12 GT3.

This.

Old 03-30-2010, 11:19 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute

That's a thought, but I never need rational reasons for buying a new car! This sounds unlikely, but my wife has told me I can't be without a Porsche...

Of course, I could stick to the original plan and just trade the C4S in on a '12 GT3 in spring 2012. Decisions, decisions.

Old 03-30-2010, 11:22 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TUUNER
the only problem for me, personally, is feeling like some teenage kid driving around in an M3 all day...
What would you feel like in a GT-R then? I'd think the M3 is a bit more refined...

Chris, I'd rather have the M3. That's just my gut reaction though. I think it'd be more fun to drive on a daily basis, plus it's a lot easier to live with (especially if leased) due to BMW's free 4 year maintenance and a good warranty.

If you're not happy with the PDK in your C4S, I don't think the GT-R would satisfy you either.

Old 03-30-2010, 11:23 PM
Banned
STLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
That's a thought, but I never need rational reasons for buying a new car! This sounds unlikely, but my wife has told me I can't be without a Porsche...

Of course, I could stick to the original plan and just trade the C4S in on a '12 GT3 in spring 2012. Decisions, decisions.

DD the GTI, Buy the TT-S for your wife, and keep the C4S in the garage until next spring.

Old 03-30-2010, 11:26 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by STLG
DD the GTI, Buy the TT-S for your wife, and keep the C4S in the garage until next spring.
That's probably likely unless I could get a decent trade on the C4S.

Old 03-30-2010, 11:26 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Alzilla
What would you feel like in a GT-R then? I'd think the M3 is a bit more refined...

Chris, I'd rather have the M3. That's just my gut reaction though. I think it'd be more fun to drive on a daily basis, plus it's a lot easier to live with (especially if leased) due to BMW's free 4 year maintenance and a good warranty.

If you're not happy with the PDK in your C4S, I don't think the GT-R would satisfy you either.

M3 is probably a more refined car, but never in my life have I seen an E9X M3 being driven around town without revving, or doing a flyby to get attention. Although I've seen a lot less GTRs, I've never seen them being driven by turds. Today, however, I saw a MT Nissan Versa with a CF hood on campus and the driver was doing exactly what I just described of M3 drivers.. Pretty ridiculous. Same guy wanted to have a race with me from a red light. Kids today huh?

Old 03-30-2010, 11:27 PM
Teamspeed Pro
RDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond repute
Hmm, I don't really get the rational for selling the 911 other than a little less $ a month and the excitement of getting something new. A new build to spec M3 probably isn't going to save you that much $ each month. Three years from now what do you want to be driving as a daily and what do you want to have as a toy? Figure out what you want and back into it.

Old 03-30-2010, 11:28 PM
Banned
That's probably likely unless I could get a decent trade on the C4S.
Buy a cheaper DD than an M3/GTR.. Something similar to a GTI. And save for something better?

Old 03-30-2010, 11:29 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by STLG

^^^What these guys said.

That GT3 specced just the way we talked about is sooooo worth the wait. Then again, if cruising around in an M3 for a year or two would help you get the money together for the GT3 faster, that might not be such a bad option.

Quick Reply: Talk to me about M3s