Notices
Japanese Speed Nissan GT-R, Lexus LFA, 370Z, NSX, Supra, & More Discussion Forum

Expect to pay over $90,000 for the Nissan GT-R

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2008, 05:45 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Post Expect to pay over $90,000 for the Nissan GT-R

Prices for the Nissan GT-R start at $69,850 for the base model and $71,900 for the premium model; but good luck trying to find one at that price. A top Nissan executive is saying that he expects a 10 to 30 percent markup by dealers when the car goes on sale later this June. So if you want to get behind the steering of Godzilla, expect to pay at least over $90,000 or $21,000 over the MSRP. And no, that does not include shipping fees.

60 percent of 2008’s shipments have already sold out. Nissan is allocating only 1,500 units of the GT-R per year. The new Nissan GT-R is carries a 3.8 liter twin-turbocharged DOHC V6 engine that produces 473 horsepower. According to Nissan 0-62 comes in at 3.5 seconds.

Attached Images  
Old 05-17-2008, 07:32 PM
Teamspeed Pro
iLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond repute
Lolllll, I wouldn't even be a buyer at sticker hell even 10k under let alone 21 over..

Old 05-17-2008, 08:27 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by iLLGT2
Lolllll, I wouldn't even be a buyer at sticker hell even 10k under let alone 21 over..

you wouldn't buy one for 59K?

Old 05-17-2008, 08:44 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
MichaelJr1186 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!MichaelJr1186 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!MichaelJr1186 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!MichaelJr1186 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!MichaelJr1186 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!MichaelJr1186 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!MichaelJr1186 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!MichaelJr1186 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!MichaelJr1186 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!MichaelJr1186 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!MichaelJr1186 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
lol @ paying 90K for a nissan

Old 05-18-2008, 07:16 AM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
They are idiots. I don't know if you guys remember my thread about my pre-order fiasco, but there is little to no chance I'd buy one. It's a shame since it is undeniably a monster of a ride, but I can't deal with moronic salespeople, crap service, and now the nerve to markup an already vastly expensive (for a Nissan) car. Nissan made an ENORMOUS error by not selling it as an Infiniti in the US. Infiniti has GREAT customer service, salespeople, etc.

I might consider one if I can get a used one from some older dude who didn't realize what a beast he was buying (like what happened when the first 996 GT3s came out). Also, the V-Spec is supposedly coming...

As it stands, I'm buying a Gen 2 997 GT3 or DFI 997 Turbo next.

Old 05-18-2008, 08:27 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
-Centurion is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah the greedy dealer will gouge customers as if it's a Ferrari. IMO it's not worth paying that much premium for a car which is going to be mass produced. Once the hype is over and the dust has settled all that premium will evaporate into thin air accounting for nothing on the resale market.

Old 05-18-2008, 09:57 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Secure has a brilliant futureSecure has a brilliant futureSecure has a brilliant futureSecure has a brilliant futureSecure has a brilliant futureSecure has a brilliant futureSecure has a brilliant futureSecure has a brilliant futureSecure has a brilliant futureSecure has a brilliant futureSecure has a brilliant future
This is sure to be a mega blunder for nissan. The performance numbers on the car are amazing but it looks like $hit.....and certainly cant see paying that dollar figure for an ugly monster car.

Old 05-18-2008, 10:08 AM
Teamspeed Member
NFRs2000NYC is infamous around these partsNFRs2000NYC is infamous around these partsNFRs2000NYC is infamous around these partsNFRs2000NYC is infamous around these partsNFRs2000NYC is infamous around these partsNFRs2000NYC is infamous around these partsNFRs2000NYC is infamous around these partsNFRs2000NYC is infamous around these partsNFRs2000NYC is infamous around these partsNFRs2000NYC is infamous around these partsNFRs2000NYC is infamous around these parts
Again, not trying to defend this car, but....you guys have to admit....if that amount of technology, lap times, 0-60 times, etc etc was stuck into a Porsche or Ferrari, it would be north of $250,000. I would pay 90K if it cost 90K...I just don't like getting ripped off by greedy dealers, so I wouldn't pay a markup. Also, just 1500 cars a year is a pretty rare car. Ferrari is bringing 250 Scuderias to the US in 2008, not counting the rest of the 430s.

Last edited by NFRs2000NYC; 05-18-2008 at 10:14 AM.
Old 05-18-2008, 05:32 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Dave(MA) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA) has a reputation beyond repute
Have a confirmed order at 5k over

Old 05-18-2008, 05:43 PM
Teamspeed Pro
JarodL has a reputation beyond reputeJarodL has a reputation beyond reputeJarodL has a reputation beyond reputeJarodL has a reputation beyond reputeJarodL has a reputation beyond reputeJarodL has a reputation beyond reputeJarodL has a reputation beyond reputeJarodL has a reputation beyond reputeJarodL has a reputation beyond reputeJarodL has a reputation beyond reputeJarodL has a reputation beyond repute
I don't know why people get so worked up over this car. It will be your typical Japanese sports car; fast in a straight line, easy/cheap to modify, overweight and while the handling will be good it will never feel like a Porsche/Ferrari.

The interior/exterior make a Corvette look like something to come off an english assembly line.

Quick Reply: Expect to pay over $90,000 for the Nissan GT-R