Notices
Japanese Speed Nissan GT-R, Lexus LFA, 370Z, NSX, Supra, & More Discussion Forum

Thoughts on 2011 STI Sedan - Owners?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2011, 01:12 PM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
The STI/EVO debate will go on forever. To each their own, we all know where I stand. I suggest you do test drive both then you'll see where I'm coming from.

Old 02-01-2011, 11:50 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Krlo is on a distinguished roadKrlo is on a distinguished road
Hi everyone, first post here ;-)

Got the new once since about 3 months... better than the previous ones, better feeling on the steering wheel, more comfy but yet more reactive and can be a lot better for almost nothing (a decat pipe and a flash = something way different ... used to record 6.1sec on the 0 to 62mph and with only those little mods that cost less than 500EUR in parts you get it to 4.9sec).

I did add the 6pot calipers of the CS400 on it but I don't think it needs more (unless you want to do a full racing setup).

Old 02-01-2011, 12:13 PM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
^^ welcome to the Team. Thanks for posting. Subarus ftw.

Old 02-01-2011, 06:07 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Thanks ;-)

I like those STI but I might sell it for something different as a daily (JDM or GERMAN is still the question for now but it has to be AWD and have 6 pistons helped by 2 turbos lol).

For it's price the STI is still a crazy good machine !!!

Old 02-01-2011, 06:34 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
LaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Krlo
Hi everyone, first post here ;-)

Got the new once since about 3 months... better than the previous ones, better feeling on the steering wheel, more comfy but yet more reactive and can be a lot better for almost nothing (a decat pipe and a flash = something way different ... used to record 6.1sec on the 0 to 62mph and with only those little mods that cost less than 500EUR in parts you get it to 4.9sec).

I did add the 6pot calipers of the CS400 on it but I don't think it needs more (unless you want to do a full racing setup).

I love this STI! Subarus are great cars, very solid feeling and fun cars. I have driven quite a few Subarus up to the snow and they are really good in the snow.

Old 02-02-2011, 01:32 AM
Teamspeed Pro
smy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond repute
Got to drive one the other day, such a great car.

Old 02-02-2011, 03:31 AM
Teamspeed Member
clou will become famous soon enoughclou will become famous soon enoughclou will become famous soon enoughclou will become famous soon enoughclou will become famous soon enoughclou will become famous soon enoughclou will become famous soon enoughclou will become famous soon enoughclou will become famous soon enoughclou will become famous soon enough
I know pricing might be a little higher, but Audi S4/S5 would suit the bill if you want something for the snow and want a nicer interior.

Old 02-02-2011, 07:07 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
VulcanMotorClub You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!VulcanMotorClub You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!VulcanMotorClub You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!VulcanMotorClub You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!VulcanMotorClub You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!VulcanMotorClub You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!VulcanMotorClub You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!VulcanMotorClub You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!VulcanMotorClub You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!VulcanMotorClub You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!VulcanMotorClub You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Well, I would have the M3 for the "nice interior" days I just want something fun for the winter that ACTUALLY moves in the snow!

Old 02-02-2011, 09:58 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
S5 are nice but not as good as a "sport" car (I'd rather drive an S5 as a daily though, way more confortable, more room in it for your friends, quieter, ...).
RS4 or RS5 would be better on every point but the price would be a lot different.

Some additional shots:

Old 02-02-2011, 06:26 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Bullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant future
Drove one yesterday. Very nice car and would make one heck of a DD/Extra track toy for those wet days . I thought the car would feel bigger then it did after reading the reviews, the car felt tight and nimble as a rally breed car should. Also I am much happier with the interior/exterior look since it does not sport as much boy racer as the previous STi sedans. Subaru supplies a great product and support is spot on. I am sure I would be confident and entertained with one of these on a daily basis. Good luck with your decision.

Quick Reply: Thoughts on 2011 STI Sedan - Owners?