Notices
Japanese Speed Nissan GT-R, Lexus LFA, 370Z, NSX, Supra, & More Discussion Forum

Lexus LFA sold out

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 05:53 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Fuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond repute
Lexus LFA sold out

"Automotive News reports that all 500 copies of the 552-horsepower LFA are officially sold out. Not a surprise if you ask us, considering the fact that there always seems to be a healthy market for ultra-rare exotics with a ridiculously low production quota. But the fact that the LFA is resonating with the European elite is a bit of a shock, as the report claims that one-third of pre-sold LFAs are heading straight for the land of Porsche, Mercedes-Benz and BMW. Lexus even brought eight of the German LFA owners to the 24 Hours of Nurburgring race for some wining and dining.

Lexus hasn't announced how many LFAs would go to which regions of the globe, but an earlier Wall St. Journal report quoted Lexus as saying that Toyota's luxury arm would hand-pick which perspective buyers would gain the right to own the LFA."

Another Article

"According to the Automotive News report, the European buyers decided on the Lexus supercar because it wasn’t "flashy" or "overwrought." Customer service was tipped to Lexus as well, a favorable contrast to what was described as the "haughty elitism" of rival European luxury marques.

One buyer, who declined to be identified, relates his future LFA to a rare watch. "To most people, it's an unknown quantity," he said. "But true aficionados know its value."

Of the 500 LFAs, 165 will stay in the automaker's home country, with 150 headed to the United States. The rest of the world splits the remaining examples, headed to major markets including Canada, China, the Middle East, and South Africa. The exclusive Nürburgring package, a $70,000 add-on, will appear on 50 of the 500 LFAs."

Last edited by Fuel&Fire; 06-02-2010 at 05:57 PM.
Old 06-02-2010, 05:58 PM
Teamspeed Pro
MexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond repute
I don't think the "hand-picked" requirements were that tough, other than the ability to pony up. I know a local doctor here who has been approved. He's a car guy, but he's no rock star, nor is he one of the wealthiest guys in our small town. He just agreed to pay.

Personally, I don't get it. But whatever. I'm sure it'll be a cool car. But I don't dig the styling, and there's lots of ways I would rather spend the cash.

Old 06-03-2010, 03:28 AM
Teamspeed Member
Pmogs is on a distinguished roadPmogs is on a distinguished roadPmogs is on a distinguished road
people hate on the lfa cuz the price but i think if u got the money hey good for you u deserve it. just cuz lexus doesnt make supercars doesnt mean they cant. the lfa is sweeet and i would love to have one

Old 06-03-2010, 03:33 AM
jox
TEAMSPEED.COM
jox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond repute
Lexus found 500 idiots in what, a year? I could do that in ten minutes.

Old 06-03-2010, 03:47 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
hamadjamsheer has much to be proud ofhamadjamsheer has much to be proud ofhamadjamsheer has much to be proud ofhamadjamsheer has much to be proud ofhamadjamsheer has much to be proud ofhamadjamsheer has much to be proud ofhamadjamsheer has much to be proud ofhamadjamsheer has much to be proud ofhamadjamsheer has much to be proud ofhamadjamsheer has much to be proud ofhamadjamsheer has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Pmogs
people hate on the lfa cuz the price but i think if u got the money hey good for you u deserve it. just cuz lexus doesnt make supercars doesnt mean they cant. the lfa is sweeet and i would love to have one
X2 !!

i would love to own one !

Old 06-04-2010, 12:14 AM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Still want to drive one

Old 06-04-2010, 12:24 AM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
I does sound amazing, I'll give it that. Still much rather have a 16M or CGT though.

Old 06-04-2010, 12:25 AM
Teamspeed Pro
GuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond repute
I think its a cool car, but the way Lexus is going about it is lame.

Old 06-04-2010, 11:09 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
crazy1323 has a reputation beyond reputecrazy1323 has a reputation beyond reputecrazy1323 has a reputation beyond reputecrazy1323 has a reputation beyond reputecrazy1323 has a reputation beyond reputecrazy1323 has a reputation beyond reputecrazy1323 has a reputation beyond reputecrazy1323 has a reputation beyond reputecrazy1323 has a reputation beyond reputecrazy1323 has a reputation beyond reputecrazy1323 has a reputation beyond repute
I would take a GT2 RS over the LF-A. I think it is a great car but Lexus should have lowered the price and targeted the Gallardo crowd.

Old 06-08-2010, 07:58 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
def would rather have a CGT but im not surprised they have all found homes. the sound is ridiculous.

Quick Reply: Lexus LFA sold out