Notices
Japanese Speed Nissan GT-R, Lexus LFA, 370Z, NSX, Supra, & More Discussion Forum

Evo X vs STi

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2010, 09:45 AM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
I prefer Evos (I owned an Evo VIII). That said, I wanted to try out a new WRX (since it's actually faster than the STI!!!), but there were none available. I like the way the WRX and STI sound, but the Evo is amazingly cheap and easy to mod. I also like the WRX in hatchback style vs. the sedan.

"2009 Subaru WRX: So Good it Makes the STI Irrelevant?" Edmunds CarPool

Old 01-10-2010, 11:28 AM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
STI>Evo

Old 01-10-2010, 11:32 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Luis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond repute
EvoX

Old 01-10-2010, 01:21 PM
QTC
Teamspeed Member
QTC is a name known to allQTC is a name known to allQTC is a name known to allQTC is a name known to allQTC is a name known to allQTC is a name known to allQTC is a name known to allQTC is a name known to allQTC is a name known to allQTC is a name known to allQTC is a name known to all
@ Gray TT

Choose an EVO !!!!!!!

why ??

1) Mitsubishi is really on the top with the EVO X.

2) For turbocharged engine, a straight 4 inline is more efficient than a flat 4.

3) HKS have done a kit to increase power 2.0L + 0.8 bar => 2.2 L + 1.5 bar
HKS USA HKS Evolution X Products

I prefere the garret GT28RS as turbo.

4) You can put a front mount intercooler an huge intercooler, (agressive look) more lag, but misfiring system et launch control are done for it. (I never understand the usefulness of the STI intercooler if someone know it ??)

5) Jeremy Clarkson is agree with me
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCK_guGdt78

6) You don't buy the Ken Block's car

7) Mitsubishi built plane during the WWII, now they built rocket on wheel.

8) Ask HKS which one they prefere

Last edited by QTC; 01-10-2010 at 01:38 PM.
Old 01-10-2010, 01:36 PM
Teamspeed Pro
GrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond repute
True one of things that is kind of a negative in the STi is the aluminum block of their flat 4… I think the steal Evo block will handle more abuse

Any thoughts on that? Am I right?

Old 01-10-2010, 01:43 PM
QTC
Teamspeed Member
QTC is a name known to allQTC is a name known to allQTC is a name known to allQTC is a name known to allQTC is a name known to allQTC is a name known to allQTC is a name known to allQTC is a name known to allQTC is a name known to allQTC is a name known to allQTC is a name known to all
In fact the real question is

What do you want to do with the car

performance tuning ?
or something else

And the EVO have a aluminium block too

But why subaru use a turbo on a Flat engine ... it isn't efficient as on a inline engine.

Old 01-10-2010, 01:51 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
kraeburn has much to be proud ofkraeburn has much to be proud ofkraeburn has much to be proud ofkraeburn has much to be proud ofkraeburn has much to be proud ofkraeburn has much to be proud ofkraeburn has much to be proud ofkraeburn has much to be proud ofkraeburn has much to be proud ofkraeburn has much to be proud ofkraeburn has much to be proud of
I just got an Evo X this past month and absolutely love it. Ill post up some more detailed impressions later. I am busy banging my head against the wall watching the patriots game.

Old 01-10-2010, 01:55 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Ag Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond repute
Timely thread. I just picked up an sti and I love it. It handles the twisties brilliantly and I love the way it claws out of hairpin corners. Although the steering feel is my much better in the porsche, the sti handles mid corner bumps, off camber turns, cracks in the road, and many other less-than-ideal road conditions like it was driving on a race track. It simply is not fazed but such things. Truly a rally car for the road.

I test drove both the evo x and the sti extensively. In my opinion, you can't go wrong with either car. It really depends on your personal preference. For me, the utility and looks of the hatchback beat out the evo. Also, the fact that you cant get a 6 speed in the manual tranny (only 5 speed is available) in the evo made the decision to go with the sti much easier. Although the 6 speed in available for the MR, I prefer to row the gears myself.

Since I will be using the sti to commute as well, the 6 speed was a major factor. Also, the sti gets better gas mileage and better off the line torque (2.5 liter in the sti v. 2 liter in the evo). However, as I said above, the evo is a very impressive car and with the active yaw control is very fast around the track. You really can't go wrong either. I just prefer the sti!!!

Last edited by Ag Surfer; 01-10-2010 at 11:56 PM.
Old 01-10-2010, 04:43 PM
The black sheep of the family.
vtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond repute
STi.

Doesn't the lancer only come with paddles?

Old 01-10-2010, 06:56 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by vtgts300kw
STi.

Doesn't the lancer only come with paddles?
The MR is a six-speed dual-clutch w/paddles, while the GSR is a 5-speed manual.