Notices
Health & Wellness Personal Training, Cycling, Running, Nutrition, & More Discussion Forum

Official Pedal Power Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2012, 12:01 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
vltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant future
Cousin just got this in the mail not too long ago:

Any thoughts on the build? We're think Di2 and Sram S80s (he currently has a front S80 already) or just getting a Zipp 1080 in the rear. As far as the bars and saddle are concerned, it's up in the air. The annoying part seems to be the fact that it uses a BB86 bottom bracket, which limits him to Shimano, Sram, Rotor, and FSA (I was hoping C'dale would make the Hollowgrams BB86-compatible but as far as I've found, nothing yet). Of those, I think Rotor is the coolest but I've got no experience with the Q rings so I can't comment.

Either way, it's gonna be a sick sick sick build to compliment his Felt F5 and Jamis Sonik.

Old 04-11-2012, 01:46 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
ZEM930 has a reputation beyond reputeZEM930 has a reputation beyond reputeZEM930 has a reputation beyond reputeZEM930 has a reputation beyond reputeZEM930 has a reputation beyond reputeZEM930 has a reputation beyond reputeZEM930 has a reputation beyond reputeZEM930 has a reputation beyond reputeZEM930 has a reputation beyond reputeZEM930 has a reputation beyond reputeZEM930 has a reputation beyond repute
^^^ Very nice!

I vote DI2 if he got the money and if he competes on hilly terrain. the only advantage on a Tri bike I see(besides the super crisp shifting) is the ability to change gears on the drops. Im thinking of going with the new Sram Red. I currently have Ultegra and would save nearly a pound and a half! That is freaken huge!

Old 04-11-2012, 03:33 PM
Teamspeed Pro
big_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond repute
Just saw this at the gym, I deal with cramps a lot, almost every ride. I'm going.

Attached Images  
Old 04-11-2012, 03:40 PM
Ara
Teamspeed Pro
Ara has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond repute
Not my pic, but the same bike I have.

Old 04-11-2012, 03:58 PM
nrz
Teamspeed Senior Member
nrz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!nrz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!nrz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!nrz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!nrz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!nrz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!nrz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!nrz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!nrz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!nrz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!nrz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Taken from the top of a state park in New Haven, CT. Mines the dark grey CAAD 9 (last of the made in the USA). I have a mountain bike, it's old and retired. I really want the 29er I've eyed at the shop.

Name:  20120401_092522.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  188.0 KB

Old 04-11-2012, 06:43 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
ZEM930 has a reputation beyond reputeZEM930 has a reputation beyond reputeZEM930 has a reputation beyond reputeZEM930 has a reputation beyond reputeZEM930 has a reputation beyond reputeZEM930 has a reputation beyond reputeZEM930 has a reputation beyond reputeZEM930 has a reputation beyond reputeZEM930 has a reputation beyond reputeZEM930 has a reputation beyond reputeZEM930 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by big_slacker
Just saw this at the gym, I deal with cramps a lot, almost every ride. I'm going.
Cycling and your diet do not go together. It's all that junk your eating. Also gaining weight will do you NO good on the bike.

Old 04-11-2012, 06:56 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
maxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ZEM930
Desperately trying to post mine up!!!!

LOVE CYCLING. Im a Tri guy and a roadie.

I currently have a Trek Madone 6.9 and a Trek Speed Concept 9 series. The Speed Concept is badass custom painted. Once I figure out this picture thing I'll post them up!
When you figure out how to post pics from the iPhone Lmk. I have been stumped

Old 04-11-2012, 08:00 PM
Teamspeed Pro
slord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by maxemus
When you figure out how to post pics from the iPhone Lmk. I have been stumped
Download the app. Hit reply. Click the grey bar above the keyboard 'open advanced options'. Choose 'photo album'. Select your photo. Choose ' this forum '. Pick a size. Click the grey bar that says 'close advanced options. Type at least three characters. Hit send.

Posted
From
My
iPhone
S

Attached Images  
Old 04-12-2012, 02:32 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
maxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond repute
These are my rides. Trek speed concept with Di2, HED wheels, Adamo saddle.
My road bike is a Wilier Zero7, Bora wheels with campy super record

Attached Images   
Old 04-12-2012, 02:44 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Speed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond repute
Specialized S-Works Roubaix (not my pic but same bike)

Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Official Pedal Power Thread