Notices
Health & Wellness Personal Training, Cycling, Running, Nutrition, & More Discussion Forum

Official Pedal Power Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2012, 08:03 PM
Teamspeed Pro
big_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond repute
Soo..... I've always been a do it yourself type of guy and I've been researching frames and pre-builts online. I'm interested in getting opinions on:

The chinease flea-bay frames

Pros-Built in the same factories as the big guys, cheap as hell ($500 for frame, fork, bars, stem, seatpost, seat and bottle cages :-0 ), at the cost and within my budget I could end up riding no name brand carbon wheels on a full carbon bike.
Cons-Warranty might be hard to collect on, support might be an issue, might have to use paypal/ebay buyer protection.

Other option, bikesdirect motobecane Ti build:

Pros-Ti ride quality, US based company, Ultegra components
Cons-No name brand chinese frame and AL wheels.

Thoughts?

Old 07-16-2012, 09:20 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura aboutTheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura aboutTheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura aboutTheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura aboutTheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura aboutTheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura aboutTheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura aboutTheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura aboutTheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura aboutTheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura aboutTheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura about
I don't know what you mean by "SS" unless you're referring to single speed road bike. If this is the case and you want another SS my advice is useless. I spent a couple days scouring ebay trying to build my own bike and the CHEAPEST I could build it with sram force components (cheapest full carbon everything) was about 2300 for an ebay bike vrs the 2400 I paid for this rossetti. Fully assembled with a warranty, cool paint scheme and the real pro was knowing that everything fit and wasn't ****ed up because the frame wasn't perfect or the mounts/cable hangers weren't bad.

Old 07-16-2012, 09:25 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
maxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond repute
Bog slacker,
I have never had one of these bargain bikes but like I mentioned to the Young Conn I have friends that have bought the stradalli bikes and seem to be pleased with their purchase. One of them is somewhat connected with the owner so if you are interested in linking up with him pm me and I will be pleased to help if I can. Good luck

Old 07-16-2012, 09:28 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
maxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond repute
Big slacker. I meant to reference rosetti however, he also knows the guy from stradalli as well. Both these companies are local Florida bike companies and they build their frames in china

Old 07-16-2012, 09:57 PM
I love my DUCKS!
eddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond repute
^^^ very valid points.... Most of the time I like to do it myself but if you do it right it always costs more, unless you are willing to just wait for a deal here , deal there type thing.

I think I will just buy a frame this winter for my bike and build with the current component group. Who knows though.

The Cascade Cyling Classic starts tomorrow... Stage race here in bend. Super fun to watch some of the local guys give the pros a go. My wife's work sponsors a team so we will see how they do!

Old 07-17-2012, 12:43 PM
Teamspeed Pro
big_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond repute
SS does indeed=Single Speed. And no, I'm not looking for another SS. I'd like to ride faster/further now that I'm getting more into road biking. I'm gonna do your same research. I agree that 2400 is a good price for an all carbon (including carbon wheelset), when I specced out what you have there on their site it was something like 2800+. So I guess you got a great deal by stopping by the warehouse.

Originally Posted by TheYoungConnoisseur
I don't know what you mean by "SS" unless you're referring to single speed road bike. If this is the case and you want another SS my advice is useless. I spent a couple days scouring ebay trying to build my own bike and the CHEAPEST I could build it with sram force components (cheapest full carbon everything) was about 2300 for an ebay bike vrs the 2400 I paid for this rossetti. Fully assembled with a warranty, cool paint scheme and the real pro was knowing that everything fit and wasn't ****ed up because the frame wasn't perfect or the mounts/cable hangers weren't bad.

Old 07-18-2012, 01:26 AM
I love my DUCKS!
eddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond repute
Went on a fun quick ride tonight... 5.7 miles a break in the middle, 42 minutes at an average speed of 8.1 miles.... The first 2 miles were long climbs, coming back was a blast

Old 07-18-2012, 08:07 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura aboutTheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura aboutTheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura aboutTheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura aboutTheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura aboutTheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura aboutTheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura aboutTheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura aboutTheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura aboutTheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura aboutTheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura about
After riding road for the past couple days my butt, well prostate area really can't take the seat on it even thru my bibs. I don't have any problems mountain biking which I attribute to floating on/off the seat the whole time and shifting weight.

I run this seat on the scalpel and think its more comfortable after 1hr than the stock fizik was.....

I HATE to put a seat over 100g on the bike but It's limiting my rides now. Maby one of these will do the trick?
ISM ADAMO ROAD ERGO BIKE BICYCLE SADDLE SEAT WHITE NEW | eBay

Last edited by TheYoungConnoisseur; 07-18-2012 at 08:09 PM.
Old 07-18-2012, 08:46 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
I have an adamo on my tribike and I am putting another on my road bike. Highly recommended

Old 07-21-2012, 12:56 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Just got back from a 34 mile solo effort. Wind and heat were an issue. Probably left too late and suffered more than I should have.

Quick Reply: Official Pedal Power Thread