Notices
Health & Wellness Personal Training, Cycling, Running, Nutrition, & More Discussion Forum

Official Pedal Power Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2012, 03:59 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
maxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond repute
Out of curiosity fellas, why don't we start posting telemetry data after our rides. Also, specify hills or flat terrain, and temperature. A pic of your garmin results page would be cool too. Oh and keep things equal. Road results preferred

Old 06-09-2012, 05:41 PM
Teamspeed Pro
big_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by maxemus
Out of curiosity fellas, why don't we start posting telemetry data after our rides. Also, specify hills or flat terrain, and temperature. A pic of your garmin results page would be cool too. Oh and keep things equal. Road results preferred
Keep it equal, none of you guys shift gear.

Old 06-09-2012, 06:27 PM
nrz
Teamspeed Senior Member
nrz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!nrz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!nrz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!nrz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!nrz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!nrz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!nrz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!nrz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!nrz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!nrz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!nrz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by maxemus
I started a thread with that suggestion but it never took off.

Old 06-09-2012, 07:23 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
maxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond repute
Well let's start now.
I don't do mountain biking so I have no clue how it compares to road cycling but I'm figuring that it's substantially slower and potentially harder. Most of my workouts are time trials of varying intensity with a few group rides.

Old 06-09-2012, 07:52 PM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
I dont have a computer that does that.

Mine tells me speed distance.

I can say I live in a hilly area and I average 17-18 mph

I know when I ride the flats I can average 23-25 mph With another guy

Both figured for 20 plus mile rides

I'm old and phat right now so it's not really great times.

Just picked up some new wheels to try. Very cheap
Mad Fiber Ceramic with a Campy 10 speed cassette

Last edited by h20skier; 06-09-2012 at 07:55 PM.
Old 06-09-2012, 09:13 PM
Teamspeed Pro
smy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by h20skier
I dont have a computer that does that.

Mine tells me speed distance.

I can say I live in a hilly area and I average 17-18 mph

I know when I ride the flats I can average 23-25 mph With another guy

Both figured for 20 plus mile rides

I'm old and phat right now so it's not really great times.

Just picked up some new wheels to try. Very cheap
Mad Fiber Ceramic with a Campy 10 speed cassette

Faster than what I can do right now. I'm still trying to get into shape though.

Old 06-10-2012, 01:00 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
H20skier, those are excellent times. Get yourself a garmin edge and that will give you exact data. You will be able to keep track of your workouts on Garmin Connect.
Wish we had hills in Miami but what we have do have is an abundance of wind.

Old 06-10-2012, 01:15 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Frisco is an unknown quantity at this point
My 12lb Parlee Z4

Old 06-10-2012, 02:10 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by Frisco
My 12lb Parlee Z4

Love that bike. Congrats

Old 06-10-2012, 02:43 AM
I love my DUCKS!
eddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond repute
They also make some great iPhone apps that give all the info a Harmon would, pretty slick case and mounting also.

Quick Reply: Official Pedal Power Thread