Notices
Health & Wellness Personal Training, Cycling, Running, Nutrition, & More Discussion Forum

The Official TS Workout & Nutrition Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2011, 06:50 AM
Banned
SoCal is an unknown quantity at this point
Vag... Glad to see there are some guys on here that take their health and fitness seriously... Because all the money in the world won't stop a heart attack or diabetes.

Old 09-08-2011, 07:59 AM
Teamspeed Pro
MiniRup has a reputation beyond reputeMiniRup has a reputation beyond reputeMiniRup has a reputation beyond reputeMiniRup has a reputation beyond reputeMiniRup has a reputation beyond reputeMiniRup has a reputation beyond reputeMiniRup has a reputation beyond reputeMiniRup has a reputation beyond reputeMiniRup has a reputation beyond reputeMiniRup has a reputation beyond reputeMiniRup has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SoCal
Because all the money in the world won't stop a heart attack or diabetes.
I'm guessing my chances of getting type II diabetes are pretty terrific, and when you see what happens to the people that don't take that seriously... Well, that alone is enough to keep me cycling, working out and at least trying to eat right.

Last edited by MiniRup; 09-08-2011 at 08:10 AM.
Old 09-08-2011, 08:03 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Maximilian has a reputation beyond reputeMaximilian has a reputation beyond reputeMaximilian has a reputation beyond reputeMaximilian has a reputation beyond reputeMaximilian has a reputation beyond reputeMaximilian has a reputation beyond reputeMaximilian has a reputation beyond reputeMaximilian has a reputation beyond reputeMaximilian has a reputation beyond reputeMaximilian has a reputation beyond reputeMaximilian has a reputation beyond repute
Finally subscribing to this thread. Seems like most people in here are working out for strength and overall conditioning. I am definitely more about hypertrophy, but still concerned about my overall health like everyone else in here. So, with that being said I'll give a brief recap of yesterdays workout:

Arms
Tris:
-rope pushdowns 5x15-8
-seated DB extensions 4x10
-dips 4x12
-one are cable pushdowns 3x15
Bis
-seated LifeFitness bicep curls 5x15-10
-alternating DB curls 4x10
-DB spider hammer curls 2x10
-incline hammer curls 2x10
-EZ bar 21's 3 sets

Post WO mean = banana (and a little later) 2 big chicken breasts and black beans

Today I do legs and shoulders.

Old 09-08-2011, 08:08 AM
Banned
SoCal is an unknown quantity at this point
There is absolutely nothing wrong with enjoying tasty food the isn't wonderful for you, or imbibing in the amazingness of alcohol. However, do it in moderation. I can go out in Austin with friends, eat an AMAZING meal, get completely hammered drunk, and be just fine in the morning because I don't do it with any regularity. Just eat well, don't overdo it at the feed trough, and exercise (more than walking a mile a day at snail pace) and you should be in pretty good shape when it comes to longevity. Of course, there is family history and all of that BS to consider, and you can positively affect that with a proper diet, supplementation, and lots of exercise.

Old 09-08-2011, 09:39 AM
Teamspeed Pro
big_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah, I'm no monk either. I enjoy fine dining, have a hell of a sweet tooth and love my beer. (And scotch, and redbull vodka, etc...) But as socal mentions its about moderation. A few bad meals or a night out once a week can't ruin your body if you're eating well the other 90% of the time and exercising/playing.

After a little while being healthy is as much a part of your lifestyle as being unhealthy used to be. My wife just got me a rice cooker for my bday and I'm happy about it.

Max, bodybuilder types are welcomed as well. I'm actually doing a little variation on the old GVT method right now to let my body try something different than heavy squats, deads and bench.

Last edited by big_slacker; 09-08-2011 at 09:49 AM.
Old 09-08-2011, 12:09 PM
Banned
bmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond repute
Dad is on his way to his first Crossfit class ........ Hilarity to ensue.

Old 09-08-2011, 12:14 PM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by bmoores
Dad is on his way to his first Crossfit class ........ Hilarity to ensue.
Guiness coming out of the drinking fountain he won't find

Old 09-08-2011, 12:22 PM
Banned
bmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by h20skier
Guiness coming out of the drinking fountain he won't find
HAHAHAHHAHAHA!!! I'm going to tell him you said that. I'm curious to see what he thinks. As a 60 year old I'm hoping he doesn't find it any easier than I do!

Old 09-08-2011, 03:32 PM
Banned
He just came back ................ a little defeated LOL.

At one point he said, "I think that will be enough weight"

to which his instructor replied, "We don't have pussies at this box."

BAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHA. I can't wait to see how he feels tomorrow.

Old 09-08-2011, 10:20 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Maximilian has a reputation beyond reputeMaximilian has a reputation beyond reputeMaximilian has a reputation beyond reputeMaximilian has a reputation beyond reputeMaximilian has a reputation beyond reputeMaximilian has a reputation beyond reputeMaximilian has a reputation beyond reputeMaximilian has a reputation beyond reputeMaximilian has a reputation beyond reputeMaximilian has a reputation beyond reputeMaximilian has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for the welcome guys. Today:

Legs
-leg press* 4x12
-extensions 4x12
-seated calf raises(2x a week) 3x20
-DB lunges 3x15
Shoulders
-seated DB military press 4x10 drop to 1x arnold press
-front raises 4x10
-lateral raises 3x12
-reverse pecdec 3x15
-barbell shrugs 4x10
-DB shrugs 4x10

*I have been going too low with my squats and really feeling it in my knee; leg press to take off some stress.

Overall great day at the gym. I had a solid playlist and was in a "on more rep!" mood

Quick Reply: The Official TS Workout & Nutrition Thread