Notices
Health & Wellness Personal Training, Cycling, Running, Nutrition, & More Discussion Forum

The Official TS Workout & Nutrition Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2011, 12:17 AM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
lazy all weekend.

Old 02-07-2011, 07:19 AM
Banned
SoCal is an unknown quantity at this point
Just did an all-push workout, and will be doing 2 hours of jiu jitsu later. Rock n' rolla.

Old 02-07-2011, 07:57 AM
Teamspeed Pro
LABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond repute
I haven't worked out in months. Just my hand and my lady.

Going to start up again tonight, need to focus on strengthening my core.

Old 02-07-2011, 07:58 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Igor has a reputation beyond reputeIgor has a reputation beyond reputeIgor has a reputation beyond reputeIgor has a reputation beyond reputeIgor has a reputation beyond reputeIgor has a reputation beyond reputeIgor has a reputation beyond reputeIgor has a reputation beyond reputeIgor has a reputation beyond reputeIgor has a reputation beyond reputeIgor has a reputation beyond repute
Just got back from one hour incline jog.

Old 02-07-2011, 08:01 AM
Banned
^^Nothing wrong with that Josh. At least you recognize it and are planning to do something about it. Good on you.

Old 02-07-2011, 08:04 AM
Teamspeed Pro
LABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SoCal
^^Nothing wrong with that Josh. At least you recognize it and are planning to do something about it. Good on you.
I'm just over 5'8 and must be weighing in at around 160-163.

Need to get down to 155 cut.

Old 02-07-2011, 08:14 AM
Banned
Well, if you need any help or advice, feel free to PM me bro. Good luck.

Old 02-07-2011, 08:35 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Brett B has a reputation beyond reputeBrett B has a reputation beyond reputeBrett B has a reputation beyond reputeBrett B has a reputation beyond reputeBrett B has a reputation beyond reputeBrett B has a reputation beyond reputeBrett B has a reputation beyond reputeBrett B has a reputation beyond reputeBrett B has a reputation beyond reputeBrett B has a reputation beyond reputeBrett B has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GuessWho
What about supplements, do you guys take/use any. Im not talking about fat burners, but protein,or any muscle gainers?
I concentrate on maintaining a clean diet and I supplement it with a good whey protein shake. I also take plenty of vitamins as I am moderately gluten intolerant and don't absorb nutrients quite as well as most.

Take plenty of omega 3 fish oils, they really help to combat all sorts of inflammation. I have several old hockey injuries that give me constant problems, and as soon as I run out of fish oil I notice an instant flare up. Make sure the fish oil is at least 70% omega 3. We already get too much omega 6 from our foods which can increase inflammation levels, so you need to take more omega 3 to balance out the ratios. I like the GNC triple strength fish oil because you get 900mg of 100% omega 3 in each pill. Puritans Pride also sells a good fish oil that is a little more affordable than the GNC brand. They have several kinds, just make sure you get the one that is ~70% omega 3 or more.

Also, I noticed a real difference between the Optimum Nutrition and GNC branded whey proteins. The GNC protein caused much more stomach irritation for me, and I don’t think that I was really absorbing much (if any) of what I was taking. The ON protein seems to be much more agreeable for me and has made a noticeable difference in improving my recovery time.

Keep in mind that it doesn't matter what you eat or supplement with if you aren't absorbing it.

Old 02-07-2011, 08:46 AM
Banned
I take Lean-Pro Matrix protein, and even with the shite food over here, I never have any stomach problems with it. I just recommend eating as clean as you possibly can, and if you want to eat something that goes against your goals, do it in moderation. Here is the diet I maintain while I am over here, when I can actually manage it:

Wake up: drink an ice cold bottle of water first thing to kick-start my metabolism
Breakfast (30-60 minutes later): 2 eggs scrambled (no milk), 1/2 cup of steel-cut oats, palmful of almonds, 1 tbsp of virgin olive oil, and 1 tbsp of honey
Snack: 1/2 of an apple, a full carrot, or a tbsp of crunchy peanut butter (pb only twice a week)
Lunch: green salad, 1/2 cup of garbanzo beans, 1 full chopped carrot, 1 tbsp olive oil, 7 oz. can of tuna or 1/2 of a 12 oz. can of chicken, palmful of walnuts
Snack: protein shake after my workout
Dinner: grilled chicken breast with a green salad and brown rice (I typically avoid rice at dinner due to carbs)
Just before I go to sleep: Protein shake

I have maintained this since getting back over here on Thanksgiving day, and am 221 pounds at around 10% bf; maybe less. I am also the strongest I have ever been, mostly due to my diet, and high-rep workouts regimen. I also drink at least 8 bottles of water a day to keep hydrated and cleaned out.

Old 02-07-2011, 09:12 AM
Banned
Heading to jiu jitsu. Don't be ninja'in people that don't need ninja'in.

Quick Reply: The Official TS Workout & Nutrition Thread