Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Breakfast & Track - 1 November 2013

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2013, 10:38 AM
Teamspeed Pro
997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute
Would love to come back and hang with you guys one day at the track

Old 11-02-2013, 10:45 AM
Teamspeed Pro
MC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 997carrerasblk06
Would love to come back and hang with you guys one day at the track
You should, especially that the weather is better now

Old 11-02-2013, 11:16 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
zzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MC321
We did a rolling 40 in first, not exactly scientific start, but I was ahead through 4th and the McL jumped ahead when I shifted and we stayed pretty constant a bit into 4th.. worth mentioning that I have a switzer tune and my car is running on VP MS109 while the McL is on pump gas
Such an amazing group of cars, so freakin lucky. All I get, is to cruise around with my buddy and his new TTS .
Interesting description of your race with the MP, how does your car (being modded) compare with the 2RS? Also do you have any suspension mods? If so how does handling feel compared to the 2RS?

I got to ride in a 2RS with Hurley Haywood doing hotlaps at the porsche driving school. It was amazing, a few months later I got my GT2. Now that my car has suspension and performance mod, the shop says it is as fast and handles better than the 2RS. But I have no 2RS around to compare it too.

I usually run my car with 91octane (crap), at the moment I have 70% of the tank with 100octane - such an amazing difference in power. Went to pass a SUV last night on a 2 lane road, gave it a tad more than half throttle in 2nd gear (going 30mph) and the back end broke loose and I would of slid right into the SUV if the traction control wasn't on. Then as I got clear of it I gave it half throttle again, and traction control kept me from sliding off the road into the ditch. I am usually very aware of throttle input and what will happen, but this race gas is out of control!

Old 11-02-2013, 11:18 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Alexscud has a spectacular aura aboutAlexscud has a spectacular aura aboutAlexscud has a spectacular aura aboutAlexscud has a spectacular aura aboutAlexscud has a spectacular aura aboutAlexscud has a spectacular aura aboutAlexscud has a spectacular aura aboutAlexscud has a spectacular aura aboutAlexscud has a spectacular aura aboutAlexscud has a spectacular aura aboutAlexscud has a spectacular aura about
big thanks for pics, MC !

Old 11-02-2013, 12:02 PM
Teamspeed Pro
MC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by zzzspeed
Such an amazing group of cars, so freakin lucky. All I get, is to cruise around with my buddy and his new TTS .
Interesting description of your race with the MP, how does your car (being modded) compare with the 2RS? Also do you have any suspension mods? If so how does handling feel compared to the 2RS?

I got to ride in a 2RS with Hurley Haywood doing hotlaps at the porsche driving school. It was amazing, a few months later I got my GT2. Now that my car has suspension and performance mod, the shop says it is as fast and handles better than the 2RS. But I have no 2RS around to compare it too.

I usually run my car with 91octane (crap), at the moment I have 70% of the tank with 100octane - such an amazing difference in power. Went to pass a SUV last night on a 2 lane road, gave it a tad more than half throttle in 2nd gear (going 30mph) and the back end broke loose and I would of slid right into the SUV if the traction control wasn't on. Then as I got clear of it I gave it half throttle again, and traction control kept me from sliding off the road into the ditch. I am usually very aware of throttle input and what will happen, but this race gas is out of control!
I've never had a proper run with a 2RS, but once on the track it seemed like I was gaining on it in the straight (video is on my YouTube channel). Honestly the only mod I'm interested in is the RSS Tarmac setup but I'm worried that there isn't a shop who can do the install and calibration properly.

High octane gas makes a difference. My car gained over 12whp from race gas alone on the dyno. I didn't have any traction issue against the McLaren, the grip was great on the PSS!

Old 11-02-2013, 05:29 PM
Teamspeed Pro
St_Ex is on a distinguished roadSt_Ex is on a distinguished roadSt_Ex is on a distinguished roadSt_Ex is on a distinguished roadSt_Ex is on a distinguished roadSt_Ex is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by MC321
Thanks a lot for the colour clarification and the link MC321.