Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My new to me 7.2 RS and personal build thread

Old 09-01-2013, 04:42 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
jbigelow will become famous soon enoughjbigelow will become famous soon enoughjbigelow will become famous soon enoughjbigelow will become famous soon enoughjbigelow will become famous soon enoughjbigelow will become famous soon enoughjbigelow will become famous soon enoughjbigelow will become famous soon enough
My new to me 7.2 RS and personal build thread

I acquired my first PORSCHE, a 997.1 GT3, in 2009 and did a few mods

https://teamspeed.com/forums/showthr...48#post1227648

I wasn't planning on selling, but a great person and newly acquired friend inquired about my GT3 and bought it sight unseen in April this year.

I was GT3less and was in a constant battle with myself to either stay on the list at my nearest dealer and get the 2014 GT3 or find a used 997.2 RS.

In June 2014 I found the ONE.........

Found this gem at PORSCHE of MELBOURNE in FL on AUTOTRADER......

2011 PORSCHE 911 GT3 RS
Carrara White/Black leather Seats

Options:
28 Black leather seats (GT2 seats with alcantara inserts)
346 Wheels painted Silver
600 Lightweight Headlights (No HID and no nipples on front bumper)
619 Bluetooth Phone Interface
810 Floormats in Interior Color
870 Universal Audio Interface
B4 Carrara White
ZBU Audio System package
ZCL Central Locking Wheels
ZLR Lightweight Battery

Car also came with RSS bypass and RSS half cage with Schroth Harnesses.

Vehicle was also CPO'd by dealer :evilgrin:

I called the next day and after about 30 min purchased the car.

Last edited by jbigelow; 09-01-2013 at 04:48 PM.
Old 09-01-2013, 04:43 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
jbigelow will become famous soon enoughjbigelow will become famous soon enoughjbigelow will become famous soon enoughjbigelow will become famous soon enoughjbigelow will become famous soon enoughjbigelow will become famous soon enoughjbigelow will become famous soon enoughjbigelow will become famous soon enough
I received the car from transport in the end of June and added the Euro Clubsport/CGT seats, the CUP front lip spoiler, and the side extensions that connect the cup lip to the inside of the bumper (Thx Trakcar for the tips on installing the side extensions)

Early July I took the red lipstick off and also took the red checkered flag and GT3RS graphics off from the fenders. Dont need to advertise the car..... the car speaks for itself

End of July was the installation of the CUP wing

Old 09-01-2013, 04:44 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Early August I acquired my Akrapovic sports cup exhaust from my prior car since it didnt suit the new owner well.

I decided on the OEM clubsport cage from GERT @ CARNEWAL. Luckily I was able to pick the full cage up before the price increase from PORSCHE. Received cage from Belgium early August and was able to get cage stripped of black powdercoat, powdercoat in white, and fully installed last week.

Last edited by jbigelow; 09-01-2013 at 04:47 PM.
Old 09-01-2013, 04:44 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
My last mod during the weekend was adding this OMP superturismo steering wheel as used by the CUP CAR with Works Bell hub and quick release.

Old 09-01-2013, 05:04 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Winchm60 has a reputation beyond reputeWinchm60 has a reputation beyond reputeWinchm60 has a reputation beyond reputeWinchm60 has a reputation beyond reputeWinchm60 has a reputation beyond reputeWinchm60 has a reputation beyond reputeWinchm60 has a reputation beyond reputeWinchm60 has a reputation beyond reputeWinchm60 has a reputation beyond reputeWinchm60 has a reputation beyond reputeWinchm60 has a reputation beyond repute
WOWZERS; awesome purchase!!!! I absolutely love the mods you've done to it!

Old 09-01-2013, 05:14 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Originally Posted by Winchm60
WOWZERS; awesome purchase!!!! I absolutely love the mods you've done to it!
She was the perfect RS for me!!!!!! Thanx for the compliment and sharing in my joy!!!!!

Old 09-01-2013, 06:08 PM
Teamspeed Pro
0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute
Amazing buy. Love the mods. Congrats

Old 09-01-2013, 06:39 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Originally Posted by 0-60Motorsports
Amazing buy. Love the mods. Congrats
Thank you sir!

Old 09-02-2013, 03:45 AM
Teamspeed Pro
MC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond repute
Love it.. Subbed

Old 09-02-2013, 08:07 AM
Teamspeed Pro
quickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond repute
More pics

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My new to me 7.2 RS and personal build thread