Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RS 4.0 Recall understanding

Old 10-25-2013, 07:54 PM
Teamspeed Member
dertub has much to be proud ofdertub has much to be proud ofdertub has much to be proud ofdertub has much to be proud ofdertub has much to be proud ofdertub has much to be proud ofdertub has much to be proud ofdertub has much to be proud ofdertub has much to be proud ofdertub has much to be proud ofdertub has much to be proud of
RS 4.0 Recall understanding

In layman's terms, can someone help me clarify the recall items outstanding on the 4.0?
I'm more concerned about engine items than the center lock stuff. Just how serious is this and has anyone experienced failures?

Thanks.

Old 10-26-2013, 12:36 AM
Teamspeed Pro
djantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond repute
is this what you are referring to?

" Porsche has determined that an intake air distributor may have been installed in your vehicle during production with a guiding shaft for the resonance flap that does not meet Porsche specifications. As a result, the shaft may break and broken pieces may get into the intake duct or, ultimately, into the combustion chambers. This can cause loud noises and may result in mechanical damage if the engine is not stopped immediately.
To prevent any damage occurring the intake air distributors in your vehicle need to be replaced"

Old 10-26-2013, 07:21 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond repute
That and the galley plug fell out of some of them.
Failures yes, but Porsche has the bulletins out for a warranty repair.

Old 10-26-2013, 09:50 AM
Teamspeed Member
dertub has much to be proud ofdertub has much to be proud ofdertub has much to be proud ofdertub has much to be proud ofdertub has much to be proud ofdertub has much to be proud ofdertub has much to be proud ofdertub has much to be proud ofdertub has much to be proud ofdertub has much to be proud ofdertub has much to be proud of
Yes, I believe so. In any event, #177 has been my pristine garage Queen. Now, I don't want to drive it at all until this is fixed. I assume a knowledgeable individual with a set of sockets can accomplish the job.'

Old 10-26-2013, 10:01 AM
Teamspeed Pro
GrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond repute
It's a simple fix but must be done at a dealer... and the recommendation is to have it towed there, but a friend drove his to the dealer and was fine. The probability of it going wrong are somewhat low but are you while to gamble?

Old 10-26-2013, 01:38 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of
Dertub, you're an idiot if you think all it takes are a ratchet and sockets.
Ignorance runs rampant on TS these days.

Old 10-26-2013, 02:59 PM
Teamspeed Member
Hey 81911, FU2. Your ignorant comments are unnecessary. This forum is for information flow and not for your ego boosting rants.

Old 10-26-2013, 03:18 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of
I'm far from ignorant, dipshit. I actually fix these cars. You won't be able to get these parts nor fix it on your own.

Old 10-26-2013, 03:28 PM
Teamspeed Pro
GrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond repute
Chill guys..... chiiiilllll

Old 10-26-2013, 03:33 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
BRN9121 has a reputation beyond reputeBRN9121 has a reputation beyond reputeBRN9121 has a reputation beyond reputeBRN9121 has a reputation beyond reputeBRN9121 has a reputation beyond reputeBRN9121 has a reputation beyond reputeBRN9121 has a reputation beyond reputeBRN9121 has a reputation beyond reputeBRN9121 has a reputation beyond reputeBRN9121 has a reputation beyond reputeBRN9121 has a reputation beyond repute
One more offensive comment out of you two and Gray will ban your a$$es you hear me?????

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: RS 4.0 Recall understanding