Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RS 4.0 Recall understanding

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2013, 04:18 PM
Teamspeed Member
dertub has much to be proud ofdertub has much to be proud ofdertub has much to be proud ofdertub has much to be proud ofdertub has much to be proud ofdertub has much to be proud ofdertub has much to be proud ofdertub has much to be proud ofdertub has much to be proud ofdertub has much to be proud ofdertub has much to be proud of
Ha! This mechanic has big problems. He should work on Camaros only!!!!

Hungover are you???

Old 10-26-2013, 05:05 PM
Teamspeed Pro
quickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 81911
I'm far from ignorant, dipshit. I actually fix these cars. You won't be able to get these parts nor fix it on your own.
Why would you think he is not capable of fixing on his own? Obviously this wouldn't count with warrenty work, but it's a pretty ignorant comment to assume someone cannot work on a car. Lol I know people who do their own majors on f cars. I suppose they are idiots for working on it themselves too

Old 10-26-2013, 05:05 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of
Lol, I'm sorry you do not understand how campaigns or recalls work. That's not my fault. Your ignorance regarding these specific campaigns would not be my fault either.
I've got roughly $15k in tools at work that I'd love to let you use to try this by yourself. Not just a ratchet and socket set.
You can follow Porsche's directions on the center section intake replacement too.
However, they aren't right. Good luck!

Old 10-26-2013, 05:07 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of
Quick,
Because I've done it. It's not for the faint of heart and if someone assumes they only need some sockets then I'm quite sure they have no idea wtf they are doing.

Old 10-27-2013, 10:25 AM
Teamspeed Pro
quickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond repute
Quick,
Because I've done it. It's not for the faint of heart and if someone assumes they only need some sockets then I'm quite sure they have no idea wtf they are doing.
I understand that. But being a complete prick about doing it and talking about your tools and putting people down is uncalled for. I know how warrenty work works (obviously doing work yourself isn't an option). But it's just a car, like all other cars. It might be time consuming, parts may be expensive. But it's taking off nuts in a bolts in the correct procedure. I'm sure there are plenty of owners capable of doing the monkey work you think only a NASA scientist can do. Every mechanic I know has 15-30k in tools. It's part of the job. I don't think he ever said he had sockets and could do it himself. He asked for a laymans explanation if it was possible and you got on your high and mighty mechanic soap box. You don't learn without asking.

Last edited by quickZohsix; 10-27-2013 at 10:26 AM.
Old 10-27-2013, 01:36 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by dertub
I assume a knowledgeable individual with a set of sockets can accomplish the job.'
Originally Posted by quickZohsix
I don't think he ever said he had sockets and could do it himself.
Just going to leave this here.
Here is the point:
1. It's warranty.
2. We know what we're doing, you guys don't.
3. You can either drop the engine for the intake campaign or remove the expansion tank.
Doesn't really sound like a DIY job WHEN IT'S FREE OF CHARGE
4. Honestly for what we get paid to do it for the time it takes, it isn't worth it.
Do it yourself, **** it up, and no tech will care. They will laugh for weeks.
I've seen techs with 10 years experience working on this campaign and still take a full day.

Good luck

Old 10-27-2013, 08:50 PM
Teamspeed Pro
jay_ftw has a reputation beyond reputejay_ftw has a reputation beyond reputejay_ftw has a reputation beyond reputejay_ftw has a reputation beyond reputejay_ftw has a reputation beyond reputejay_ftw has a reputation beyond reputejay_ftw has a reputation beyond reputejay_ftw has a reputation beyond reputejay_ftw has a reputation beyond reputejay_ftw has a reputation beyond reputejay_ftw has a reputation beyond repute
Just going to leave this here.
Here is the point:
1. It's warranty.
2. We know what we're doing, you guys don't.
3. You can either drop the engine for the intake campaign or remove the expansion tank.
Doesn't really sound like a DIY job WHEN IT'S FREE OF CHARGE
4. Honestly for what we get paid to do it for the time it takes, it isn't worth it.
Do it yourself, **** it up, and no tech will care. They will laugh for weeks.
I've seen techs with 10 years experience working on this campaign and still take a full day.

Good luck
I'm going to jump in here and say you're an arrogant moron.

You work for Porsche?? Good thing you're paid to be in the back of the house and not talk to customers.

Old 10-27-2013, 09:32 PM
I need pos rep like Hulkamania NOW!
Brobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by quickZohsix
Why would you think he is not capable of fixing on his own? Obviously this wouldn't count with warrenty work, but it's a pretty ignorant comment to assume someone cannot work on a car. Lol I know people who do their own majors on f cars. I suppose they are idiots for working on it themselves too
It's warranty.

And I would take my car of any sort under WARRANTY to the dealer to document that it was handled and if there becomes a future issue it was addressed.

Last edited by Brobbins016; 10-27-2013 at 09:36 PM.
Old 10-27-2013, 09:49 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
You can't even get the part to screw it up on your own so why are we still discussing this? Idiots.

Old 10-27-2013, 10:53 PM
Teamspeed Member
airflite1 has a reputation beyond reputeairflite1 has a reputation beyond reputeairflite1 has a reputation beyond reputeairflite1 has a reputation beyond reputeairflite1 has a reputation beyond reputeairflite1 has a reputation beyond reputeairflite1 has a reputation beyond reputeairflite1 has a reputation beyond reputeairflite1 has a reputation beyond reputeairflite1 has a reputation beyond reputeairflite1 has a reputation beyond repute
I didn't know you could spend 15K on a broom.

Quick Reply: RS 4.0 Recall understanding