Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

997 GT2 Atlas Grey - arrived

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2013, 06:55 PM
Teamspeed Member
M3EvoBR will become famous soon enoughM3EvoBR will become famous soon enoughM3EvoBR will become famous soon enoughM3EvoBR will become famous soon enoughM3EvoBR will become famous soon enoughM3EvoBR will become famous soon enoughM3EvoBR will become famous soon enoughM3EvoBR will become famous soon enoughM3EvoBR will become famous soon enough
997 GT2 Atlas Grey - arrived

I sold my 997.2 GT3 RS about a month and half ago, and was searching for what I believed to be a better dual purpose car, but with more focus on street use, and sporadic Sebring days during Winterfest and 48hs of Sebring.
Those who know me a little better, knows that I have a soft spot for these cars, since my 996 GT2, not that I didn't love my RS, which was without question the best car I ever owned, but with a dedicated track car, I didn't want to keep using the RS for that matter alone.
A few WTB threads latter, and some back and forth between a few cars, found this BEAUTIFUL Atlas Grey 2008 GT2 with 20K miles.
The owner was fantastic thru out the process and also patient. Car was beyond my expectations and extremely well cared.
Interior is just pristine, and feels really nice to have some nice options around, like Nav, Bose, full leather and the yellow stitching that matches the grey and also the calipers
PCCBs are like new. Suspension and undercarriage are pristine ... I could go on and on all night long describing the car.

Please take in consideration that the car is completely stock. No tune, exhaust, suspension parts. Only a different front grill, which will be reverted to stock, but no mechanical modifications at this time. Will be nice to log the progress and disclosure of the modifications with accurate data followed by dyno numbers, and most important lap results using different combinations of parts, all trying to maintain the general character of a stock car, without or at least with minimum compromise.

Driving and feel impressions

So far my impressions are very limited due to the lack of seat time and suspension geometry hasn't been checked.
Within a few yards I could verify that the rake of the car is a bit off and also after going thru the provided service records (Thank you Dean, for being meticulous).
Front end showed to be a little light under hard acceleration and also lack of camber. All this due to set up and not the actual car natural behavior itself.
Chassi and suspension feeling is very similar to the GT3, precise steering, light and direct. Perfect GT car feel.
Car is quiet and pleasurable to drive in low RPMs with plenty of torque around 2000 RPM. With a little movement on your right foot, you can tell that this car means BUSINESS. As the RPM goes up first you hear the initial turbine whistle followed by a deep and strong exhaust note. At this point I have to pay attention as the RPMs go up faster than I expected and in a very linear way.
After a few more miles and getting used to the power band and intoxicating torque, some of the Rennlist impressions come to my mind, about this car being laggy. ''How is it possible someone say that this is laggy ???'' even under low gears where the loads are not as great as 4th-5th and 6th gear, boost build up is immediate (I'll provide video and logs in the near future), making city cruising and simple corners in 3rd gear effortless, even with it's taller gears and ring and pinion if compared to a 997.2 GT3 RS.
Gear shifting is short and precise and somehow not as notchy as the GT3, clutch is a bit heavier if I remember correctly, RPM drops are not as fast as the GT3, but I can't say that I miss the lightweight flywheel for street and the cabin comfort is superb considering is a GT car. Also the lack of roll bar contributes for a quieter interior.
All in all a very interesting car so far and as I stated before, linear power delivery, responsive with great steering feeling and compliant suspension. Hopefully with this thread I can help clear up some miss information that the car is 'hard to drive' and laggy.

Thanks for reading

Some initial pictures:

Name:  P1000595_zps94dd764a.jpeg
Views: 625
Size:  193.1 KB

Name:  P1000597_zpsb0f0f7a6.jpeg
Views: 294
Size:  149.5 KB

Name:  P1000603_zps76478bf2.jpeg
Views: 167
Size:  99.7 KB

Name:  P1000604_zpsd778fdec.jpeg
Views: 167
Size:  90.7 KB

Old 06-26-2013, 10:11 PM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
Great write up. Congrats and enjoy!

Old 06-26-2013, 11:36 PM
Teamspeed Pro
quickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond repute
Excellent read. Beautiful car, enjoy it!!!

Old 06-27-2013, 12:53 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
zzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond repute
Have yet to drive a turbo car with less turbo lag. It pulls like mad in 6th gear at 70mph, with a tad of lag. But in all lower gears immense freakin torque is immediate.
Congrats.

Old 06-27-2013, 01:48 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
yohanthestud has a reputation beyond reputeyohanthestud has a reputation beyond reputeyohanthestud has a reputation beyond reputeyohanthestud has a reputation beyond reputeyohanthestud has a reputation beyond reputeyohanthestud has a reputation beyond reputeyohanthestud has a reputation beyond reputeyohanthestud has a reputation beyond reputeyohanthestud has a reputation beyond reputeyohanthestud has a reputation beyond reputeyohanthestud has a reputation beyond repute
congrats! enjoy it !

Old 06-27-2013, 03:32 AM
Teamspeed Pro
GrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond repute
CongratZ!!!!!!!
Thank you for the good read...
I completely agree with your comment regarding lag… yes its not an NA engine but it works very very well.
As a car to drive around town the gt2 works well without the need of high rev’n
On the track, it is very manageable and not as scary as many might think

Last edited by GrayTT; 06-27-2013 at 03:43 AM.
Old 06-27-2013, 07:30 AM
Teamspeed Member
M3EvoBR will become famous soon enoughM3EvoBR will become famous soon enoughM3EvoBR will become famous soon enoughM3EvoBR will become famous soon enoughM3EvoBR will become famous soon enoughM3EvoBR will become famous soon enoughM3EvoBR will become famous soon enoughM3EvoBR will become famous soon enoughM3EvoBR will become famous soon enough
Thank you guys, appreciate the kind words.

Old 06-27-2013, 08:01 AM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Awesome pick up!

Old 06-27-2013, 10:06 AM
Former Sponsor
ECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond repute
Simply stunning as always. Great write up, thank you for sharing. Now you need a LED Interior Lighting Kit to show off that gorgeous interior. Enjoy and keep us updated with modifications.

Old 06-27-2013, 10:26 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Nice write up!
The car looks insanly good!
Congrats and enjoy her!

Quick Reply: 997 GT2 Atlas Grey - arrived