Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New GT3 991 revealed in Geneva Motorshow

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2013, 04:15 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
everyone was groaning, as with everything in life when a new model turns up with all the latest gadjets, the old car becomes a dinosaur, once that new pdk kicks in im sure it will be the way to go!

Old 03-05-2013, 04:58 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Plumber will become famous soon enoughPlumber will become famous soon enoughPlumber will become famous soon enoughPlumber will become famous soon enoughPlumber will become famous soon enoughPlumber will become famous soon enoughPlumber will become famous soon enough
I was seriously looking at getting a 3.8RS. Interesting how the new model outperforms even the mighty 4.0. From what I read and can gather from the videos, some of the natural "rawness" of the GT3 is now synthetic though. Even the " thud... thud" of the gear changes it seems has been manipulated in the pdk. And what happened to the minimalist interior? Anyone else think there are too many buttons for a GT3?

I have no doubt that the performance will be amazing around the track, but I can't help but think of the 458 vs GT3 RS argument Chris Harris made. Which provides a more visceral experience?

No doubt electronically aided shifting and other functions will be the way forward.. But I can't say I like where we're headed.

I'm still looking for a 3.8 RS.

The certainly car looks amazing though!

Old 03-05-2013, 06:18 AM
Teamspeed Pro
GTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond repute
Configurator is up and running on German website link for colors and options.

Old 03-05-2013, 08:44 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Chimi-Changa is on a distinguished roadChimi-Changa is on a distinguished road
^ always on it.
US dealer acess to PVMS (dealer config)goes live today across the country ( was shut down 2/28 for redo)

if not...speckin ze doich?

Old 03-05-2013, 09:22 AM
Teamspeed Member
GT3RS is on a distinguished roadGT3RS is on a distinguished road
I like the look of the car and look forward to a drive. The last car I owned with rear wheel steering was a Honda Prelude 2.2 Vtec about 20 years ago!

Old 03-05-2013, 10:10 AM
Teamspeed Member
andy102 has a spectacular aura aboutandy102 has a spectacular aura aboutandy102 has a spectacular aura aboutandy102 has a spectacular aura aboutandy102 has a spectacular aura aboutandy102 has a spectacular aura aboutandy102 has a spectacular aura aboutandy102 has a spectacular aura aboutandy102 has a spectacular aura aboutandy102 has a spectacular aura aboutandy102 has a spectacular aura about
Looks great. But PDK only, I'm not sure.

Evo has a interesting video.

2013 Porsche 911 GT3 991 generation preview and pictures | evo

Old 03-05-2013, 10:30 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
jumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Plumber
I was seriously looking at getting a 3.8RS. Interesting how the new model outperforms even the mighty 4.0. From what I read and can gather from the videos, some of the natural "rawness" of the GT3 is now synthetic though. Even the " thud... thud" of the gear changes it seems has been manipulated in the pdk. And what happened to the minimalist interior? Anyone else think there are too many buttons for a GT3?

I have no doubt that the performance will be amazing around the track, but I can't help but think of the 458 vs GT3 RS argument Chris Harris made. Which provides a more visceral experience?

No doubt electronically aided shifting and other functions will be the way forward.. But I can't say I like where we're headed.

I'm still looking for a 3.8 RS.

The certainly car looks amazing though!
Hi Plumber,

Couldnt agree more..also - everybody is talking about their Ring time..but lets see - how much in the real world - it would be faster then 3.8 or 3.8RS or 4.0. Lately, none of the Porsche claims could be verified by independent tests..my guess..in the end it will be between 3.8RS and 4.0RS..but thats so close together..and so fast already...there is no point in talking about real differences...and then it comes down to - as you say..fun etc. If the new one is 1 second faster on the track..but less fun for example..whats the point. And there are so many other things in the equation, depreciation, maintenance etc etc.

Old 03-05-2013, 12:55 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of
Jumping horse is such a bitch. It's tiring to read your posts. IL+1

Old 03-05-2013, 02:53 PM
Teamspeed Member
nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Impressive car. Like a lot about it and can live with most of the rest that I don't...except the automatic. Hoping the RS sets that right.

Old 03-05-2013, 05:18 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
jumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by nizer
Impressive car. Like a lot about it and can live with most of the rest that I don't...except the automatic. Hoping the RS sets that right.
yes..lets hope so..if it would be a pure car like a cup car..without rear steering, e-steering, PTV etc..and even if it had PDK..I would be highly interested in it..

But that question wont be answered for a few month..

Last edited by jumping_horse; 03-05-2013 at 05:25 PM.

Quick Reply: New GT3 991 revealed in Geneva Motorshow