Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT cars losing their soul

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2012, 08:22 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Guest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Christian
they lost there soul when they stopped building the air cooled cars imo
What about the Mezger/GT1-engined cars?

Old 12-07-2012, 12:48 PM
Teamspeed Pro
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by turboad
Thank for sharing the info. I cant wait to get into one, i really dont know what to expect till a couple of months ahead.

Carrera gt is a harsh aggressive beast, and whenever i drive it my concentration level is like 110%.

I was talking to the man behind the 918 project and he told me it would be more of a daily driver than the cgt. Better ground clearance easier drivability with the dsg gearbox and all that... But like you said all those electronics are a big question mark at the moment.

I really hope porsche are listening here. Please make this car as fun to drive as a ferrari 458( Naughty and tailhappy when you want it to be and with a flick of a switch a comfy daily driver.)
yes on all counts. they the engineers are selling hard on the ideas of daily usability, forgiveness, environmental friendliness etc. that's their definition of the future super car. so back to what i said it the earlier post, the ''soul'' is redefined by them. i disagree just i would imagine most of all here thinking the same, but it is the path Porsche is going after.

p.s. the closest experience of the 918 reminds me the MP4-12C, with a better tranny.

Old 12-08-2012, 12:12 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
turboad will become famous soon enoughturboad will become famous soon enoughturboad will become famous soon enoughturboad will become famous soon enoughturboad will become famous soon enoughturboad will become famous soon enoughturboad will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by 20C4S
yes on all counts. they the engineers are selling hard on the ideas of daily usability, forgiveness, environmental friendliness etc. that's their definition of the future super car. so back to what i said it the earlier post, the ''soul'' is redefined by them. i disagree just i would imagine most of all here thinking the same, but it is the path Porsche is going after.

p.s. the closest experience of the 918 reminds me the MP4-12C, with a better tranny.

Your giving me hope! Everything about the mp4 fax machine is great except the engine dosnt respond as nice and dosnt sound as good as a 458. That is due to the turbos since they lag a bit and sit between the engine and exhaust, giving a different sound than an na engine.

Now instead if turbos the 918 has electric engines, which dont muffle the sound and do the exact opposite of lag! Torque from 0 rpm!

Old 12-08-2012, 03:28 AM
Teamspeed Member
A430v is a name known to allA430v is a name known to allA430v is a name known to allA430v is a name known to allA430v is a name known to allA430v is a name known to allA430v is a name known to allA430v is a name known to allA430v is a name known to allA430v is a name known to allA430v is a name known to all
Hmmmm, wonder if someone is going to get into trouble for that vid...

Old 12-08-2012, 03:43 AM
Teamspeed Pro
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by A430v
Hmmmm, wonder if someone is going to get into trouble for that vid...
can't stop thinking, ''sir, we'll drop the case if u order a 918.''

joke aside, i like what Porsche is being open on the development process with the potential buyers to get some valuable feedbacks. we shouldn't take it for granted & think there should be a mutual respect not to do what we were asked. i hope the act by few doesn't close the door for us to see the future development.

Last edited by 20C4S; 12-08-2012 at 03:52 AM.
Old 12-08-2012, 04:06 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Your giving me hope! Everything about the mp4 fax machine is great except the engine dosnt respond as nice and dosnt sound as good as a 458. That is due to the turbos since they lag a bit and sit between the engine and exhaust, giving a different sound than an na engine.

Now instead if turbos the 918 has electric engines, which dont muffle the sound and do the exact opposite of lag! Torque from 0 rpm!
if i'm giving u hope then i can almost tell this is THE car for u. yes i thought the same thing about the electric motors replacing the turbo during the ride. it works magic except the 300lbs battery pack & the future path of battery technology. i don't think the mp4 fax machine sounds bad but rather unique. in fact, it's probably the best sounding turbo motor i've heard. the 918 just can't sound bad on the other hand. 4.6L high-rev NA V8 motor with a high mounted exhaust right behind the cabin. what else can u ask for?

Old 12-08-2012, 11:19 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
turboad will become famous soon enoughturboad will become famous soon enoughturboad will become famous soon enoughturboad will become famous soon enoughturboad will become famous soon enoughturboad will become famous soon enoughturboad will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by 20C4S
if i'm giving u hope then i can almost tell this is THE car for u. yes i thought the same thing about the electric motors replacing the turbo during the ride. it works magic except the 300lbs battery pack & the future path of battery technology. i don't think the mp4 fax machine sounds bad but rather unique. in fact, it's probably the best sounding turbo motor i've heard. the 918 just can't sound bad on the other hand. 4.6L high-rev NA V8 motor with a high mounted exhaust right behind the cabin. what else can u ask for?
Your right the fax machine sounds great for a turbo! Not as great as a high revving na but mclaren did a good job with that.

I dont know buddy u gave me hope but the 918 has alot to live up to. Im sure it will not sound bad but will it sound as good as the cgt?

Old 12-08-2012, 02:20 PM
Teamspeed Member
suhaas307 is on a distinguished roadsuhaas307 is on a distinguished roadsuhaas307 is on a distinguished roadsuhaas307 is on a distinguished roadsuhaas307 is on a distinguished roadsuhaas307 is on a distinguished road
I dont know buddy u gave me hope but the 918 has alot to live up to. Im sure it will not sound bad but will it sound as good as the cgt?
Nothing will ever sound as good as the CGT.

** Sorry for interrupting.

Old 12-10-2012, 06:56 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Originally Posted by suhaas307
Nothing will ever sound as good as the CGT.

** Sorry for interrupting.
A CGT with straight pipes

Old 12-10-2012, 07:29 PM
Teamspeed Pro
A CGT with straight pipes
not a fan. CGT sounds best stock imo.

Quick Reply: GT cars losing their soul