Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT cars losing their soul

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2012, 10:43 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
turboad will become famous soon enoughturboad will become famous soon enoughturboad will become famous soon enoughturboad will become famous soon enoughturboad will become famous soon enoughturboad will become famous soon enoughturboad will become famous soon enough
GT cars losing their soul

The new gt3 being dsg only and with the mighty carrera gt replacement being a 4 wheel driven hybrid, dont you feel the future of porsche gt cars are losing soul?

Old 12-04-2012, 12:12 AM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by turboad
The new gt3 being dsg only and with the mighty carrera gt replacement being a 4 wheel driven hybrid, dont you feel the future of porsche gt cars are losing soul?
I've lost faith of the brand in 1998 with the release of the 996.

Old 12-04-2012, 12:51 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Guys, Porsche is a business after all, and like all businesses, it is driven by profitable growth... Porsche is not longer building cars for you, but for the mainstream customer, catering to 80% of the bell curve, not those on the edge... Having said that, true, the 996 was a disappointment, at many levels... But you have to admit, the 997 "limited/exclusive" cars such as the speedster, TTS, GT3RS and 4.0, the GT2RS, are all amazing cars, and potentially future collectibles... I am confident Porsche will manage some magic with the 991, the way they did when the 997.1 GT3RS hit, in that 70s orange... Think back, I'm sure that car captured you at launch, and you wanted it

Old 12-04-2012, 01:04 AM
Teamspeed Pro
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by turboad
they are refining the soul. got a ride in the 918 today. it's got different kind of soul imo. whether we like it or not that's the direction they are going after.

Old 12-04-2012, 03:12 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
boyko23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Originally Posted by 20C4S
they are refining the soul. got a ride in the 918 today. it's got different kind of soul imo. whether we like it or not that's the direction they are going after.
Please, give more informacion? It will be much appreciated by many Teamspeeders...

Old 12-04-2012, 05:54 AM
Teamspeed Pro
GTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond repute
The GT3 is king. It might be headed down the path of customer wants and some won't like that direction, but as a whole, the Porsche GT3 is the KING of all cars.

Old 12-04-2012, 09:17 AM
Teamspeed Pro
MC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond repute
I agree.. the GT3 keeps getting better and better.. although I've never owned an auto, I'm willing to give the new GT3 a try and then decide..

Old 12-04-2012, 09:22 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
driftwithme is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by 20C4S
How was it? Does it thrill you like a carrera gt, does is sound spine tingling, will it allow you to play with the tail a little?

Porsche promised to let me drive the car sometime in april as im seriously considering getting one, if it moves my heart that is.

Old 12-04-2012, 09:37 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
jumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by MC321
I agree.. the GT3 keeps getting better and better.. although I've never owned an auto, I'm willing to give the new GT3 a try and then decide..
Hello GT2 brother,

Well, I own a GT3 too--whether the 997 gt3 3.8 is better than a 997 Gt2..depends.

I wouldnt trade any my 997s with a new 991 Gt3..you havent heard that the 991 Gt3 will only have the 9a1 engine? the only 991 I would want to have are the RUF 991, the future RSR and CUP..as they will have the good old GT1 engine block.

Old 12-04-2012, 09:39 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
jumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by driftwithme
How was it? Does it thrill you like a carrera gt, does is sound spine tingling, will it allow you to play with the tail a little?

Porsche promised to let me drive the car sometime in april as im seriously considering getting one, if it moves my heart that is.
Hello driftwithme,

Do you know what the exact conditions are for getting a 918 testdrive? I thought only people who made the 200,000$ cash downpayment already, could get a drive in one...

thanks,

Quick Reply: GT cars losing their soul