Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

[VIDEO] Chris Harris rides shotgun in the Porsche 918!

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2012, 08:44 PM
Teamspeed Member
Brandon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Brandon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Brandon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Brandon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Brandon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Brandon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Brandon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Brandon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Brandon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Brandon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Brandon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
No electric in a super car for me......I'm with Chris Harris on this one- I want to hear and feel that combustion engine!

And the Porsche gentleman said "people want better fuel economy".... BS, guys who buy these cars could care less about MPG.

None the less, I still love it

Old 10-03-2012, 12:03 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Lowell is an unknown quantity at this point
IMO, the CGT covers the desired light-weight 918. Sure, if the CGT was being made today it would undoubtedly be a little faster and have some new engineering tricks. But it might not be any lighter; safety regulations have continued to increase since the CGT's time. Besides, "faster" is some what subjective, and I wonder if how ever much investment Porsche put into the 918 couldn't have been justified for a "new CGT" from a results standpoint. The performance increase might have only been marginal. Alternatively, as was mentioned in the video/interviews, the 918 is an entirely different objective for Porsche. I'm amazed and excited about the idea of a 800hp supercar, with all the modern luxuries, that's faster than nearly everything, and is fully operational as a gas-free car. As noted earlier, people who can afford this won't care about gas mileage. However, they may care about other things the 918 offers such as innovation. I hesitate to say this cause I don't want to ruffle any feathers, but I think getting hung up on the 918's weight is ignoring what the car is intended to be and do.

Old 10-03-2012, 04:33 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Turboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond repute
mind blowing car and again excellent review from CH. The change from silent mode in race was epic and my god is this car beautiful!
BUT I wonder how long these batteries last. You get on the gas - discharge, you brake - charge, get on gas - discharge, and so on.

Old 10-03-2012, 09:45 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Zorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by domesticdemon
I don't understand why people are so up in arms over a hybrid sports car.
Light is right.
That's why.

Old 10-03-2012, 10:28 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Full Tilt Rally You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Full Tilt Rally You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Full Tilt Rally You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Full Tilt Rally You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Full Tilt Rally You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Full Tilt Rally You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Full Tilt Rally You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Full Tilt Rally You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Full Tilt Rally You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Full Tilt Rally You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Full Tilt Rally You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Amazing car! I think this is one of the best looking cars that has come out in years! Can't help but agree with Chris though, imagine what this car would be like with just that RS Spyder engine and a proper gear box!!!

Old 10-03-2012, 10:50 AM
Teamspeed Member
s4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond repute
I have a 997.2 RS and a 2011 Prius. I appreciate both for what they are and what they can and can't do. Would I want them merged like BrundleFLy? Absolutely. The immediate torque and pull of an electric vehicle along with a high revving top end is a match made in heaven. My only gripe is it doesn't come in stick :P

Old 10-03-2012, 12:24 PM
Teamspeed Pro
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
love the car, just the ''future of the sports car'' concept doesn't work for me, yet. certainly the consumption on my weekend car ins't an issue for me. too bad it's an issue for the manufactures. the hybrid technology is the future. can't deny that. but i rather take the much lighter car with less horsepower. regardless it's a somewhat convincing video. i want the car if i can afford it.

Old 10-03-2012, 12:35 PM
Teamspeed Pro
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
580+hp NA V8 with 9,000 rev limit. sounds perfect for the next project. mid $250k, mid engine sports car. where can i send my deposit now? please Porsche build it!

Old 10-03-2012, 03:39 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Damon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond repute
Spectacular.

Old 10-03-2012, 04:47 PM
Teamspeed Member
Brandon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Brandon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Brandon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Brandon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Brandon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Brandon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Brandon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Brandon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Brandon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Brandon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Brandon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by 20C4S
580+hp NA V8 with 9,000 rev limit. sounds perfect for the next project. mid $250k, mid engine sports car. where can i send my deposit now? please Porsche build it!
You referring to the 961?

https://teamspeed.com/forums/porsche...che-961-a.html

Attached Images  

Quick Reply: [VIDEO] Chris Harris rides shotgun in the Porsche 918!