Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got my sharky bypass system fitted today

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2012, 11:23 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
I'll test it tomorrow (very wet today) and see if it is still doing it.do you know what db's the pipes do on static and drive by's? Need to know what track days I can go on.

Old 09-23-2012, 12:54 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Bullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant future
I have one and love it!!!

Old 09-23-2012, 01:43 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Don't think I'm not happy with it, it sounds absolutely incredible. My only worry is trackdays. Any one tested a static and drive by?

Old 10-03-2012, 07:24 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
The way the exhaust works as standard is there are 3 mufflers. 2 on each side, 1 in the middle.
What I have done is remove the end single titanium muffler and replace it wih a straight through stainless steel pipe. A bypass system .
I have now incorporated to this system a plug in map which acts as an actuator to control the exhaust flap. What this means is I can either send all the aftermath through the 2 remaining mufflers or straight though the bypass. A result of 109db when loud and what I think is silent enough to get through Bedford on quiet.
This is simply an amazing mod.
Backdraft has installed all like naturals. Really recommend all of it.
Any questions let me know.

Old 10-03-2012, 07:25 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
O and it sounds amazing!

Old 10-04-2012, 11:22 AM
Neg Rep Zen Master
Marc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Sideways_swe
If you want it to be loud all the time (when cruising around at slow speed) you need to unplug it.
No need thats why you have a switch, whats the point. I did that on my .1 GT3 and it was annoying after a bit.

Old 10-05-2012, 08:11 AM
Teamspeed Member
GT3RS is on a distinguished roadGT3RS is on a distinguished road
Hi Woppum, I have been considering a possible exhaust mod for my 4.0, but was worried about getting on track in the UK and the sort of drone you described if on longer journeys. It sounds like you have the best of both worlds here, is it that good? Have you been tested for noise following your mods?
Cheers

Old 10-05-2012, 12:49 PM
Teamspeed Member
david9962000 will become famous soon enoughdavid9962000 will become famous soon enoughdavid9962000 will become famous soon enoughdavid9962000 will become famous soon enoughdavid9962000 will become famous soon enoughdavid9962000 will become famous soon enoughdavid9962000 will become famous soon enoughdavid9962000 will become famous soon enoughdavid9962000 will become famous soon enough
I love mine too, especially the 8kg weight saving in the rear. In non sport it's not too loud, I don't think you will have a problem with the EU track noise regulations.