Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porsche 918 Brochure leak!

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2012, 01:13 AM
d3a
Teamspeed Senior Member
d3a will become famous soon enoughd3a will become famous soon enoughd3a will become famous soon enoughd3a will become famous soon enoughd3a will become famous soon enoughd3a will become famous soon enoughd3a will become famous soon enoughd3a will become famous soon enoughd3a will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Carrera
Good thinking. And it does make sense. Two new similarly priced hypercars are coming out, and still hardly any 918's are sold, so then they release a bunch of new pictures, run mules around in flashy liveries, and release a 'Ring time. Pretty good marketing actually, but kind of sad at the same time that they are developing this car so publicly. They never did any of this with the Carrera GT, and only 2 or 3 sets of spyshots ever came out of it. I assume Porsche already knew how attractive and tempting of a car the Carrera GT was and knew they'd sell them all.
I agree you but also CGT production was reduced to 1270 from initial 1500 number

Old 09-24-2012, 03:01 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
huangester is an unknown quantity at this point
Truly amazing photo, wa a car!!

Old 09-24-2012, 03:20 AM
Teamspeed Pro
SL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant future
I'll have one in Guards Red.

Old 09-24-2012, 07:23 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by d3a
I agree you but also CGT production was reduced to 1270 from initial 1500 number
Yes, you're right, but I believe it wasn't because they couldn't sell 230 more, it was because airbag regulations changed in the U.S.

Old 09-28-2012, 02:00 PM
Teamspeed Member
mile2424 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!mile2424 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!mile2424 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!mile2424 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!mile2424 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!mile2424 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!mile2424 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!mile2424 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!mile2424 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!mile2424 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!mile2424 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
anyone know how much of a premium the liquid blue metal paint will be?

Old 09-28-2012, 02:05 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Milanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by mile2424
anyone know how much of a premium the liquid blue metal paint will be?
$ 50,000

Old 09-28-2012, 03:34 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Zeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond repute
^^^
Yep. 50K+

It should be jaw-dropping and absolutely flawless for that price though. I wonder if they'll make it available on the 991? Imagine ticking that option off on the new Turbo, GT3, etc...

But I hope they do make it an option on the "lower" models.

Old 09-28-2012, 03:39 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Milanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond repute
IMO 50K color is not for daily drivers car like 911. Its more for cars that will spent most of their times in garages/saloons/museums. That kind of color in combination with hypercar like 918 will present full potential of car manufacturer possibilities in terms of technology & design.

Old 09-28-2012, 03:53 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Zeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Milanno
IMO 50K color is not for daily drivers car like 911. Its more for cars that will spent most of their times in garages/saloons/museums. That kind of color in combination with hypercar like 918 will present full potential of car manufacturer possibilities in terms of technology & design.

That is a very valid point, and I agree. But...

It would be for mine. I wouldn't daily drive a GT2RS for instance, or a Turbo or GT3. Maybe a Carerra 4S. Maybe. Any 911 with this paint would be unique. It would be special in my book. There are way too many other cars on the market for the daily grind.

Nothing wrong with driving your pride and joy like it was meant to be driven, but the daily grind for certain cars with exceptional properties would be tragic.