Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

To GT3 or to not GT3? that is my question.

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2012, 04:11 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Terraforce1
Go GT3, the new Cayman is coming soon, so you'll probably lose money anyways.
^^this!

Old 08-29-2012, 09:21 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
AMGsound is an unknown quantity at this point
^^^^Yah, true that...
The one im looking at is 2010, pccb, nav, ac, sport buckets with 5 points seatbelts. I think the only big thing missing is front lift. 12k km so 7500mi....its offered down 27% vs msrp but with US models offered much cheaper than up here, CAD/US$ parity, that thing called winter coming up fast up here, I think I could get another 8-9% off....AND the dealer has another GT3 to go....they had them in stock all summer.....clearly mispriced.....
Of course id have to give a bit more % wise on the Cayman trade-in, but were talking different price bracket here....

Last dilemma: black or white? Actually, the one described up there is black with stock wheels. The other one in stock is white with black stock wheels, NO pccb, sport buckets, NO harness, ac, nav BUT with front axle lift. Less mileage, about 3kmi....
So my questions are:
PCCB a must?
Harness a must?
Front lift a must?
When does mileage becomes a "problem" on a GT3 if its 99% not on the track?

thanks for you answers.

Old 08-29-2012, 09:24 PM
nrz
Teamspeed Senior Member
nrz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!nrz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!nrz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!nrz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!nrz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!nrz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!nrz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!nrz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!nrz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!nrz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!nrz You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
I would buy the white one and add sport buckets and the harnesses, but i like white cars better.

Old 08-29-2012, 09:38 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
i think black is the color to go...
concerning your other questions: do you wanna track it? if so you should get buckets and harnesses...pccb is not necessary at all, but as it's fitted you will be fine with it anyways...
mileage i can't tell but porsches are among the most reliable cars in the world!

Old 08-29-2012, 09:45 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
AMGsound is an unknown quantity at this point
Well...............ive never done track days......and im somewhat afraid to start with a gt3.....So i dont know if i will with that car.
Regarding mileage, my uninformed guess is that 3-4k mi is almost like a rounding error....its a Porsche after all, not a Ferrari....

Old 08-29-2012, 09:50 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
well there is no better car to start with trackdays...i guess most gt3 drivers surrender before their car does

Old 08-30-2012, 05:56 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Stephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome fellow Montrealer! Nice to see more GT3s in these parts!

Old 08-31-2012, 04:55 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
eatbreathedrive is on a distinguished roadeatbreathedrive is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Dolan
Go GT3 or RS all the way. If you love motorsports and desire a drivers car then GT3 is the answer.
Sell the Cayman and get a GT3/RS. Drive the piss out of it and when the 991GT3 comes re-evaluate your position.
Best of luck
Best advice, ditto!