Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

To GT3 or to not GT3? that is my question.

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2012, 09:13 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
AMGsound is an unknown quantity at this point
To GT3 or to not GT3? that is my question.

I got a Cayman this summer. 1st Pcar. Love it, but feel like I need more oumph (i probably don't but i feel as such)....
Prices on 997.2 GT3s seem to be falling pretty aggressivly, and the 991 gt3 is probably another year in the making. Are they a good buy now considering the new one will probably be a major step up vs the 997 in perf and price? Or they are too cheap to ignore and prices will fall less fast and somewhat stabilize (one can dream, no?) now that they're down 35%+ vs msrp?
Also, can it be daily driven in "traffic" or ill just want to die in there?

Thanks.

Old 08-29-2012, 12:57 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
i wouldn't be too sure about the 991 gt3 being a way better car in the sense of what a gt3 should be...

Old 08-29-2012, 03:00 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Terraforce1 has a spectacular aura aboutTerraforce1 has a spectacular aura aboutTerraforce1 has a spectacular aura aboutTerraforce1 has a spectacular aura aboutTerraforce1 has a spectacular aura aboutTerraforce1 has a spectacular aura aboutTerraforce1 has a spectacular aura aboutTerraforce1 has a spectacular aura aboutTerraforce1 has a spectacular aura aboutTerraforce1 has a spectacular aura aboutTerraforce1 has a spectacular aura about
Go GT3, the new Cayman is coming soon, so you'll probably lose money anyways.

Old 08-29-2012, 03:06 AM
Teamspeed Pro
SVTxTERM1NATOR has a reputation beyond reputeSVTxTERM1NATOR has a reputation beyond reputeSVTxTERM1NATOR has a reputation beyond reputeSVTxTERM1NATOR has a reputation beyond reputeSVTxTERM1NATOR has a reputation beyond reputeSVTxTERM1NATOR has a reputation beyond reputeSVTxTERM1NATOR has a reputation beyond reputeSVTxTERM1NATOR has a reputation beyond reputeSVTxTERM1NATOR has a reputation beyond reputeSVTxTERM1NATOR has a reputation beyond reputeSVTxTERM1NATOR has a reputation beyond repute
^
Good point. Sell the Cayman before the new one comes out. GT3 is hardcore. I've been driven in one and it was a raw feeling. Really cool.

Old 08-29-2012, 06:52 AM
Teamspeed Pro
GTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond repute
The prices of GT3's has been the same for over a year. They aren't dropping. GT3's hold value better than most all cars after the initial first owner. Yes you can daily drive it. Just be ready, once you start, there is no turning back.

Old 08-29-2012, 08:29 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Dolan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dolan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dolan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dolan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dolan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dolan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dolan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dolan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dolan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dolan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dolan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Go GT3 or RS all the way. If you love motorsports and desire a drivers car then GT3 is the answer.
Sell the Cayman and get a GT3/RS. Drive the piss out of it and when the 991GT3 comes re-evaluate your position.
Best of luck

Old 08-29-2012, 09:35 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Guest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by AMGsound
I got a Cayman this summer. 1st Pcar. Love it, but feel like I need more oumph (i probably don't but i feel as such)....
Prices on 997.2 GT3s seem to be falling pretty aggressivly, and the 991 gt3 is probably another year in the making. Are they a good buy now considering the new one will probably be a major step up vs the 997 in perf and price? Or they are too cheap to ignore and prices will fall less fast and somewhat stabilize (one can dream, no?) now that they're down 35%+ vs msrp?
Also, can it be daily driven in "traffic" or ill just want to die in there?

Thanks.
I have a similar debate; have had a 993 for 6 months. I'm considering selling it (hopefully for a modest profit) and getting a 997.1 GT3 after my next bonus. I love my car, which is similar in size/footprint and straight line performance to a 987, but I would like a bit more pace. I have driven a 997.2 GT3, and it would be totally fine for DD IMO. I DD my 993, which has far fewer creature comforts, stiff clutch, etc. My only worry about driving it in traffic is oil temp and cooling, a relative non-issue on a GT3.

Originally Posted by Maxtheone
i wouldn't be too sure about the 991 gt3 being a way better car in the sense of what a gt3 should be...
Lots of rumors about the new GT3, and I'm really on the fence about how it will turn out. It will be quicker around a track, sure, but that will be at the expense of some of the characteristics that define the GT3 (Mezger, 6MT only, few nannies, etc.)

Originally Posted by Terraforce1
Go GT3, the new Cayman is coming soon, so you'll probably lose money anyways.

Great point.

Old 08-29-2012, 10:06 AM
Teamspeed Pro
997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SVTxTERM1NATOR
^
Good point. Sell the Cayman before the new one comes out. GT3 is hardcore. I've been driven in one and it was a raw feeling. Really cool.
Driving one and being a passenger is like sitting on the bed watching someone else fvckjng and saying you had a great time. Lol

Old 08-29-2012, 02:31 PM
Teamspeed Pro
MC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond repute
I didn't read the thread, but my answer to the thread title is GT3 it.

Old 08-29-2012, 03:25 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
agusta22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Show me a GT3 MK II selling for 35% under its original MSRP.

Thats mid 70's for a no option car....

Quick Reply: To GT3 or to not GT3? that is my question.