Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

radiator install help

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2012, 12:14 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
NY_Outlaw is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by ECS Tuning - Porsche
In order to make the radiator that you currently have work with your Carrera 4S, you are going to need side radiator to center radiator hoses from the GT3. Even then, it all may not work properly, as the radiator will be mounted at an angle optimized with GT3 front bumper outlet grilles. Your best bet is to start fresh with a C4S Tiptronic radiator kit. This will bolt right up, and the hoses will fit properly. This kit is everything you need in one simple package. The Tiptronic equipped cars have small cutouts at the back of the bumper to allow air to flow through. To optimize the system, you will need to cut similar holes in the front undertray.
Thank you, you are always very helpful! I actually purchased everything in the diagram in the original post, including the hoses. I am mounting an OEM 997.2 GT3 Cup front, so I wanted it the radiator/ducts to fit properly, as well as direct the airflow to the upper vent. everything bolted up perfectly, and is in perfect working order, with the exception of that little adapter piece (#12 in the diagram). leaving that piece out has not seemed to make a difference so far, as the temperature stays rock steady.

Old 08-30-2012, 01:44 PM
Former Sponsor
ECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond repute
I was unaware that you were converting to the GT3 Cup bumper. You need to post pictures as soon as physically possible!

Old 08-30-2012, 03:15 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
NY_Outlaw is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by ECS Tuning - Porsche
I was unaware that you were converting to the GT3 Cup bumper. You need to post pictures as soon as physically possible!
will do! its a fun little project: cup bumpers front and rear, ducktail, Fabspeed center exit exhaust w/ 200 cell cats, and slight drop on HRE P40S wheels