Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

radiator install help

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2012, 12:11 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
NY_Outlaw is an unknown quantity at this point
radiator install help

long story short, I'm installing the center radiator from a 997.2 GT3 on my 997.1 C4S. I have literally bought every piece on the attached image, but cannot figure out for the life of me where the circles "adapter" goes. It does not seem to fit into the hose as the picture suggests. Any insight would be greatly appreciated

Name:  photo2.jpg
Views: 336
Size:  147.6 KB

Old 08-28-2012, 12:14 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of
It goes on the right side to part number 11

Old 08-28-2012, 01:54 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Originally Posted by 81911
It goes on the right side to part number 11
I thought the same, but once I got all the parts in my hand, and I was going through a dry assembly, that little adapter piece (#12) doesn't seem to fit into the hose (#11). The adapter is much smaller than the picture suggests, and just falls into the hose. I'll have to look again when i get home, but it certainly didn't make sense the other day when I fist tried.

Old 08-28-2012, 08:21 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of
I haven't done one personally however that's what the lines indicate on a picture from PET like that one.

Old 08-29-2012, 08:25 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
joelpirela is an unknown quantity at this point
Your problem may be that you bought a GT3 3rd radiator to fit your Carrera car. Radiators (side ones) and hoses may be different from a GT3 to a Carrera. Suncoast has a 3rd radiator kit for the carrera that costs $249 with all the pieces you me need and they all work with what you have in your car already...

Old 08-29-2012, 02:52 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Originally Posted by joelpirela
Your problem may be that you bought a GT3 3rd radiator to fit your Carrera car. Radiators (side ones) and hoses may be different from a GT3 to a Carrera. Suncoast has a 3rd radiator kit for the carrera that costs $249 with all the pieces you me need and they all work with what you have in your car already...
My car was originally equipped with a 3rd radiator from the factory. In short, I have an OEM 997.2 GT3 front bumper going on the car, and in order for everything to line up properly, I am replacing the original one with the GT3 radiator. My factory radiator did not have that "adapter". I put everything together last night without that "adapter", the hoses fit perfect, and the temperature stays rock steady after bleeding

Thanks to all who chimed into help. much appreciated, and I will update if things change.

Old 08-29-2012, 03:50 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by NY_Outlaw
My car was originally equipped with a 3rd radiator from the factory. In short, I have an OEM 997.2 GT3 front bumper going on the car, and in order for everything to line up properly, I am replacing the original one with the GT3 radiator. My factory radiator did not have that "adapter". I put everything together last night without that "adapter", the hoses fit perfect, and the temperature stays rock steady after bleeding

Thanks to all who chimed into help. much appreciated, and I will update if things change.
Just wondering, if your car has the third radiator from the factory, wouldn't you just need to get the GT3 radiator by itself?

Old 08-29-2012, 05:23 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Originally Posted by TheStigSC
Just wondering, if your car has the third radiator from the factory, wouldn't you just need to get the GT3 radiator by itself?
The 997.2 GT3 radiator is actually a 996 part. dimensions are slightly different, the way the radiator is tilted/air directed towards the vents in the top of the GT3 bumper is different, and therefore, the length of the two hoses is different. the 997.2 GT3 air duct that mounts to the front of the center radiator definitely won't fit the 997.1 rad housing.

the good news is the side radiators are exactly the same (with the exception of the air ducts), so everything mounts up perfectly when all the pieces for the center rad are purchased.

Old 08-29-2012, 05:56 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by NY_Outlaw
The 997.2 GT3 radiator is actually a 996 part. dimensions are slightly different, the way the radiator is tilted/air directed towards the vents in the top of the GT3 bumper is different, and therefore, the length of the two hoses is different. the 997.2 GT3 air duct that mounts to the front of the center radiator definitely won't fit the 997.1 rad housing.

the good news is the side radiators are exactly the same (with the exception of the air ducts), so everything mounts up perfectly when all the pieces for the center rad are purchased.
Gotcha. Well good luck! Let us know how everything goes

Old 08-30-2012, 10:17 AM
Former Sponsor
ECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond repute
In order to make the radiator that you currently have work with your Carrera 4S, you are going to need side radiator to center radiator hoses from the GT3. Even then, it all may not work properly, as the radiator will be mounted at an angle optimized with GT3 front bumper outlet grilles. Your best bet is to start fresh with a C4S Tiptronic radiator kit. This will bolt right up, and the hoses will fit properly. This kit is everything you need in one simple package. The Tiptronic equipped cars have small cutouts at the back of the bumper to allow air to flow through. To optimize the system, you will need to cut similar holes in the front undertray.

Quick Reply: radiator install help