Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4.0 oil leak

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2012, 11:23 AM
Teamspeed Member
AlexG has a reputation beyond reputeAlexG has a reputation beyond reputeAlexG has a reputation beyond reputeAlexG has a reputation beyond reputeAlexG has a reputation beyond reputeAlexG has a reputation beyond reputeAlexG has a reputation beyond reputeAlexG has a reputation beyond reputeAlexG has a reputation beyond reputeAlexG has a reputation beyond reputeAlexG has a reputation beyond repute
2 more cars here at The ring today.
11 cars in The workshop of Porsche Kobelenz I heard today... Yup, I think it is a problem with The 4.0

Old 09-17-2012, 01:30 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond repute
What happens to the cars? Just leaks?
I have not heard of any 4.0's leaking that I know of.

Old 09-17-2012, 01:56 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of
It's not that big of a deal. Shouldn't take too long to complete the campaign.

Old 09-17-2012, 01:56 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond repute
What is it exactly?

Old 09-17-2012, 11:32 PM
SSR
Teamspeed Member
SSR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SSR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SSR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SSR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SSR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SSR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SSR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SSR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SSR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SSR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SSR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
They will have to remove the engine and get a new head cover seal !

Old 09-18-2012, 01:33 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of
Trakcar, I just skimmed over the bulletin the other day but I believe it's just a plug that has to have the depth checked or pushed in further. I'll check it out again tomorrow and get back to you.

Old 09-18-2012, 07:18 AM
Teamspeed Pro
GTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
What is it exactly?
I want to hear more too. I have heard of no one having issues.

Old 09-18-2012, 08:01 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
I dont have a 4.0 yet, but this is what ive been told;

According to a master tech at the dealer, a campaign is about to be released to replace and re-glue the engine oil galley plugs. This is what happened late last year at Laguna with a 4.0 that instantly puked its oil all over the track, one of the plugs came out.

Oil galleys are the access holes left after machining in the oil passages into the engine block. They glue the metal plugs, then tap them into the openings to seal them up forever. During manufacture, some plugs were not correctly installed.

It is a pretty easy repair and is done with the engine in place.

Old 09-18-2012, 08:08 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
ondegas is a jewel in the roughondegas is a jewel in the roughondegas is a jewel in the roughondegas is a jewel in the roughondegas is a jewel in the roughondegas is a jewel in the roughondegas is a jewel in the roughondegas is a jewel in the roughondegas is a jewel in the roughondegas is a jewel in the roughondegas is a jewel in the rough

According to a master tech at the dealer, a campaign is about to be released to replace and re-glue the engine oil galley plugs. This is what happened late last year at Laguna with a 4.0 that instantly puked its oil all over the track, one of the plugs came out.

Oil galleys are the access holes left after machining in the oil passages into the engine block. They glue the metal plugs, then tap them into the openings to seal them up forever. During manufacture, some plugs were not correctly installed.

exactly

just taken delivery of mine from service

Old 01-15-2013, 09:21 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
GRS56 is an unknown quantity at this point

But with the gearbox out...!!!!

Quick Reply: 4.0 oil leak