Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EVT 775 GT2 Project Complete

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2012, 09:14 AM
Teamspeed Pro
MC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond repute
Need the contact for the gurney flap.. think I found my next mod

Old 05-20-2012, 09:26 AM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats man!
This turned out even better then many expected,..just stunning!!

Originally Posted by Bob MG

I got the RS deck-lid logo, and kept the "R" after GT2 since the car is a bit of a Frankenstein and will thrash the crap out of an RS
that`s quite a statement,..would love to see a direct comparison on a track

Old 05-20-2012, 11:54 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
savyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Bob- Awesome!

I have seen and built some cool projects of my own and let me say: Well done Sir!

First-class and most importantly a thoughtful build. Would love to drive it and compare to my old GT2RS and current 4.0.

Hats off to you for imagining such a project and bringing it to fruition.

Old 05-20-2012, 03:09 PM
Teamspeed Member
Bob MG has a spectacular aura aboutBob MG has a spectacular aura aboutBob MG has a spectacular aura aboutBob MG has a spectacular aura aboutBob MG has a spectacular aura aboutBob MG has a spectacular aura aboutBob MG has a spectacular aura aboutBob MG has a spectacular aura aboutBob MG has a spectacular aura aboutBob MG has a spectacular aura aboutBob MG has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by MC321
Need the contact for the gurney flap.. think I found my next mod
Hey bro

Give Nate a call from IND he hooked me up for a great price. Think it was $1500

Old 05-20-2012, 03:25 PM
Teamspeed Member
Bob MG has a spectacular aura aboutBob MG has a spectacular aura aboutBob MG has a spectacular aura aboutBob MG has a spectacular aura aboutBob MG has a spectacular aura aboutBob MG has a spectacular aura aboutBob MG has a spectacular aura aboutBob MG has a spectacular aura aboutBob MG has a spectacular aura aboutBob MG has a spectacular aura aboutBob MG has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by TB993tt

Next you need some decent shockers, Bistein B16s or their new clubsport range are the best choice, signed off by Walter.

Can I ask with your engine kit, it uses 997 turbo intake manifolds right ? Are the GT2s traction control, launch control and PSM systems all fully functional ?

If you need more retardation I can recommend Endless pads, PCCB friendly and tested for hard stops from 210mph.
Are the LF2 ceramic pads from endless the correct ones?

Will give them a try.

The Evo intercoolers are unbelievable. I'm sure the reports you have are on previous versions. They are quite spectacular in person.

The new KW 3 way adjustable is what I'm after next.

All PSM, traction control and launch is fully functional. Not sure if intakes are from a 997 turbo but they were replaced with larger versions along with 82 mm throttle body and IPD plenum

I will do a Dyno run and try and log temps etc for you

I will also do some V Box runs for acceleration figures

Took car out today and gave it some runs in 3rd and 4 th up 240kph (couldn't do more as there was traffic on the highway being Sunday afternoon traffic. Car pulls like a maniac.

Good thing I had no plates as I saw three traffic cameras being manned and managed a U turn to avoid a road block on the way home

Last edited by Bob MG; 05-21-2012 at 02:39 AM.
Old 05-21-2012, 07:18 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud of
Bob, It's the LF3 pad I went for, it is more street orientated. Buying from the Euro distributor is way expensive, if you get them from the US (I used Scott at Vivid) they are much better price but they have different part numbers, the ones I bought were called W008 which I was told is the Euro LF3.

They do rattle slightly sometimes even with the metal back plates in but its no biggie.

Re the EVO intercoolers, your statement of them being "unbelievable" and "specacular" are based on the look I guess (since you say you haven't logged anything yet ?) Trust me you can tell zip from how an intercooler looks - you need to log IAT in 6th gear at 300kph to get a good handle on their efficiency, it is only with a good 7+ seconds in 6th at full load that all is revealed

KW3 whilst promoted heavily by Manthey are not considered a quality brand by most other Motorsport teams.... I have a set on one of my cars and they seem OK but not in the same ball park as Bilstein apparently (just 2C worth from what I've learnt)

Good work in avoiding the speed Nazis, be safe out there and keep the safety systems on, with big torque going through just the rears a slight bit of camber will send you sideways (under throttle) without it.

Old 05-21-2012, 07:44 AM
Teamspeed Pro
MC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond repute
TB, you're very knowledgeable and all, but you're also a bit of a downer

Old 05-21-2012, 08:19 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by MC321
TB, you're very knowledgeable and all, but you're also a bit of a downer
You know, you are right, I am very aware that a lot of the stuff I post is pretty negative and "a downer" as you put it and apologise for it

I guess it depends what the forums are for ? On Rennlist where Porsche chat really started 11 odd years ago it was always OK to discuss the merits of add ons and tuning and since there was so much snake oil out there and everyone was over selling their hp claims, lots of people have and continue to benefit.

I have lots of experience of tuning Porsche turbos and have wasted plenty of money over the last 25 years on parts which don't work so I have plenty to share but of course it is not nice when you have just bought stuff which turns out to be not as you were told..... I have many Porsche friends met through the forums who initially were in denial about their tuner but now sing off the same hymm sheet as we meet up and test stuff at 200mph with our data loggers revealing the truth warts and all

I think maybe I am out of order on this forum as it seems more 6 speed like where the norm is simply to congratulate and high five without any critical commentary ? If that is the intention of the owners of the forum then I should be told really and I will back off. There are some great pictures on this forum with lots of quality contributors hence I like to visit often.

Old 05-21-2012, 12:13 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Ian@EVOMS has a brilliant futureIan@EVOMS has a brilliant futureIan@EVOMS has a brilliant futureIan@EVOMS has a brilliant futureIan@EVOMS has a brilliant futureIan@EVOMS has a brilliant futureIan@EVOMS has a brilliant futureIan@EVOMS has a brilliant futureIan@EVOMS has a brilliant futureIan@EVOMS has a brilliant futureIan@EVOMS has a brilliant future
Phenomenal result! All of your vehicles are spectacular! I cannot wait to see what's next...

Old 05-21-2012, 01:36 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by TB993tt
You know, you are right, I am very aware that a lot of the stuff I post is pretty negative and "a downer" as you put it and apologise for it

I guess it depends what the forums are for ? On Rennlist where Porsche chat really started 11 odd years ago it was always OK to discuss the merits of add ons and tuning and since there was so much snake oil out there and everyone was over selling their hp claims, lots of people have and continue to benefit.

I have lots of experience of tuning Porsche turbos and have wasted plenty of money over the last 25 years on parts which don't work so I have plenty to share but of course it is not nice when you have just bought stuff which turns out to be not as you were told..... I have many Porsche friends met through the forums who initially were in denial about their tuner but now sing off the same hymm sheet as we meet up and test stuff at 200mph with our data loggers revealing the truth warts and all

I think maybe I am out of order on this forum as it seems more 6 speed like where the norm is simply to congratulate and high five without any critical commentary ? If that is the intention of the owners of the forum then I should be told really and I will back off. There are some great pictures on this forum with lots of quality contributors hence I like to visit often.
I didn't mean to send you off into the sunset there, and I'm sure a lot of people here enjoy learning more from your experience, but sentences like "Re the EVO intercoolers, your statement of them being "unbelievable" and "specacular" are based on the look I guess" turn a pretty good post into a douchy one..

Bob, sorry for the hijack..

Quick Reply: EVT 775 GT2 Project Complete