Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EVT 775 GT2 Project Complete

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2012, 11:26 AM
Teamspeed Member
Bob MG has a spectacular aura aboutBob MG has a spectacular aura aboutBob MG has a spectacular aura aboutBob MG has a spectacular aura aboutBob MG has a spectacular aura aboutBob MG has a spectacular aura aboutBob MG has a spectacular aura aboutBob MG has a spectacular aura aboutBob MG has a spectacular aura aboutBob MG has a spectacular aura aboutBob MG has a spectacular aura about

Name:  DSC_1821.jpg
Views: 3458
Size:  193.5 KB

Thought I would start a new post since its done:

A special thanks to the following that had a part in this project. Its been an absolute pleasure working with you guys and cant wait for the next mad build which I will certainly do again with you all:

1. Nate from IND. My brother who I have big soft spot for! I will always do everything with you! I have you to thank for my modding illness, as you were the first dealer to sell me my first drugs

2. Ian at EVOMS: you gave some tremendous customer support, and the way you guys have put this kit together and looked after me all the way down in S Africa is phenomenal!

3. Mike at RSS: You guys are top drawer! Your parts are excellent, and the attitude and customer service is unrivaled. The way you looked after me is quite unbelievable in this current day and age, and with that attitude you can only go far in this world! Thanks again

4. San at Race SA for fitting all the parts. I have learned a great deal from your vast knowledge and experience in this field!. Its been a pleasure building this project with you which certainly will not be the last!

Review:

Picked up the car this morning and all I can say is fuuuuuuckk!!

It is stupid fast as expected. Speed builds so dramatically that its leaves you speechless. It fights and twist and squirms when you are on the power, its mad

The car sounds like an angry animal with a lot of whooshing from the bigger turbos which now start to spool much lower down in the rev range which feels like it dramatically reduces the turbo lag experienced on OEM car. The car is surprisingly smooth, and power delivery, although savage, behaves itself in traffic very well.

The light weight super-sport 999 clutch and single mass aluminum flywheel makes the car rev much quicker and it has a audible rattle when the car is in neutral with clutch disengaged. The sound is intoxicating, and you can also hear the sounds of the gearbox when driving in lower rpm and you hear all the mating of the cogs in the gearbox, which is pretty cool. This is the way a super car should sound! When it gets warm the rattle is definitely louder but I love it!

The car pulls so hard that traction is difficult even in 4th gear. When the tires get warm, its much better.

San, the technician that fitted all the parts from EVOMS, is a meticulous fanatic and has worked on many Porsche race cars, setting up suspension etc.

He fitted the RSS Tarmac Series suspension kit, which I must say is an unbelievable piece of kit.

Mike from RSS gave us some starting wheel alignment settings. San set up the corner weights and dropped the ride height around 8mm on the fronts and around 5mm on the rears. The wheel alignment settings are fantastic, (I will have to get them and post them later but the car is running around -2, 05 camber on the fronts with around -1, 45 on the rears. Toe and Castor I'm not sure) and the car feels unbelievably stable at speeds. The turn in and confidence in fast sweeping corners is increased greatly. I'm also able to get the power down really well, and traction seems to be coping better than expected with all the additional power.

I will get a V Box and try and do some runs in the next couple of days. A Dyno run is also called for to see what I'm putting down. The last few all made around 630 whp so we will see.

The exterior got the GT2 RS treatment:

The RS LED tail lights and rear bumper with the PDC delete and carbon fiber exhaust ducts

The Carbon Fiber intake ducts

Carbon fiber mirror covers (I went with the 997.1 size as I prefer the smaller ones)

RS front lip spoiler

RS steering wheel/airbag

RS wheel arch extension kit. There was some confusion with Suncoast and they sent GT3 RS by mistake so the front pieces were too short so I opted to leave them off. Sun Coast is sending correct parts out

Painted matt black section under rear window

RS door pulls *still waiting on parts to arrive from Sun Coast

RSS Roll cage in matt black-on its way from the US

I got the RS deck-lid logo, and kept the "R" after GT2 since the car is a bit of a Frankenstein and will thrash the crap out of an RS

I didn't want to start putting EVT 775 stickers on it so thought this was subtle to get it to stand out a little

EVOMS EVT 775 hp conversion

• EVOMS VTG Turbochargers w/ 65mm Billet Compressor Wheels
• EVOMSit EVT775 Club-sport PUMP ECU Calibration – 7000 RPM Rev Limit
• Akrapovic Club-sport 44.5mm Exhaust Headers plus full evolution system
• EVOMS Club-sport Inter-coolers (charge coolers) w/ Silicone Boost Hoses
• EVOMS High Flow Silicone Turbocharger Air Inlet Ducts
• EVOMS Billet Turbocharger Boost Recirculation Valves
• EVOMS 82mm Throttle Body / Plenum conversion
• EVOMS /SRE Stage 3 Sport Street Clutch System with Ali lightweight single mass flywheel
• EVOMS HED Ignition Coils
• EVOMS Lightweight and Strengthened Under-drive Crank Pulley
• Installation hardware, gaskets, spark plugs, etc.

Full Akrapovic Evolution

BBS FI in Titanium Finish
Cant think of anything else for now but will post up more later

Name:  DSC_1822.jpg
Views: 4394
Size:  207.7 KB

Name:  DSC_1825.jpg
Views: 3288
Size:  101.6 KB

Name:  DSC_1827.jpg
Views: 3415
Size:  156.7 KB

Name:  DSC_1831.jpg
Views: 3354
Size:  127.1 KB

Name:  DSC_1836.jpg
Views: 3301
Size:  192.7 KB

Name:  DSC_1847.jpg
Views: 4072
Size:  192.2 KB

Name:  DSC_1844.jpg
Views: 4372
Size:  90.8 KB

Name:  DSC_1843.jpg
Views: 3510
Size:  197.4 KB

Name:  DSC_1841.jpg
Views: 4846
Size:  208.4 KB

Last edited by Bob MG; 05-21-2012 at 07:30 AM.
Old 05-19-2012, 11:51 AM
Teamspeed Member
Bob MG has a spectacular aura aboutBob MG has a spectacular aura aboutBob MG has a spectacular aura aboutBob MG has a spectacular aura aboutBob MG has a spectacular aura aboutBob MG has a spectacular aura aboutBob MG has a spectacular aura aboutBob MG has a spectacular aura aboutBob MG has a spectacular aura aboutBob MG has a spectacular aura aboutBob MG has a spectacular aura about
Tech art Geurney Flap fully adjustable

Name:  DSC_2839.jpg
Views: 3193
Size:  115.1 KB

Name:  DSC_2830.jpg
Views: 3238
Size:  137.9 KB

Last edited by Bob MG; 05-19-2012 at 04:20 PM.
Old 05-19-2012, 12:10 PM
Teamspeed Member
Taffin has a spectacular aura aboutTaffin has a spectacular aura aboutTaffin has a spectacular aura aboutTaffin has a spectacular aura aboutTaffin has a spectacular aura aboutTaffin has a spectacular aura aboutTaffin has a spectacular aura aboutTaffin has a spectacular aura aboutTaffin has a spectacular aura aboutTaffin has a spectacular aura aboutTaffin has a spectacular aura about
very nicely done there! will see you in July for my lights and to see the monster in person

Old 05-19-2012, 12:12 PM
a_Y
Teamspeed Junior Member
a_Y is an unknown quantity at this point
amazing amazing car...!!!!!!!

Old 05-19-2012, 12:23 PM
Teamspeed Member
Originally Posted by Taffin
very nicely done there! will see you in July for my lights and to see the monster in person
Hey Grant, I'm going to be in Dubai on the 11th for business. Will give you a shout when I'm there

Old 05-19-2012, 01:12 PM
Teamspeed Pro
GTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond repute
Wing looks great.

Old 05-19-2012, 01:28 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Ferrari FL has a reputation beyond reputeFerrari FL has a reputation beyond reputeFerrari FL has a reputation beyond reputeFerrari FL has a reputation beyond reputeFerrari FL has a reputation beyond reputeFerrari FL has a reputation beyond reputeFerrari FL has a reputation beyond reputeFerrari FL has a reputation beyond reputeFerrari FL has a reputation beyond reputeFerrari FL has a reputation beyond reputeFerrari FL has a reputation beyond repute
WOW - Looks amazing!

Old 05-19-2012, 01:29 PM
ljg
Teamspeed Pro
ljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond repute
Looks great. Top notch build.

Old 05-19-2012, 02:15 PM
Teamspeed Member
Taffin has a spectacular aura aboutTaffin has a spectacular aura aboutTaffin has a spectacular aura aboutTaffin has a spectacular aura aboutTaffin has a spectacular aura aboutTaffin has a spectacular aura aboutTaffin has a spectacular aura aboutTaffin has a spectacular aura aboutTaffin has a spectacular aura aboutTaffin has a spectacular aura aboutTaffin has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Bob MG
Hey Grant, I'm going to be in Dubai on the 11th for business. Will give you a shout when I'm there
Dinner at Nobu?

Old 05-19-2012, 02:17 PM
Teamspeed Member
In fact stay till that weekend, we have a track night at Yas on 15th....

Quick Reply: EVT 775 GT2 Project Complete