Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My first mod - Hint: Switzer Tune

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2011, 10:53 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
falb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond repute
I am confidennt that the Switzer men know what they are doing and will get you back on track. The mod bug is a slippery slope and clutches are a wearable part. RPMs can't jump to red line without the engine spinning faster than the trans or the pavement.

Old 12-23-2011, 11:02 AM
Teamspeed Pro
MC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond repute
Thank you all for your input.

I have no doubt that Switzer know what they are doing, and I am not ruling out the clutch issue - however, the fact still remains that I signed up for a simple tune. If that means changing the clutch then I'm hanging up my hat and saying thank you. Creating a log and testing this vehicle further *may* cause damage to the engine/clutch and that is a risk I'm not willing to take, therefore I am not asking for a refund from Switzer. I am making the conscious decision of not pursuing this and writing the expense off. Like I said earlier, Switzer have been responsive and helpful and as you can see above, Neil is more than willing to help me out. This is not an easy decision since the car was unbelievably quick with the tune.

Old 12-24-2011, 02:31 AM
Teamspeed Pro
tips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond repute
thats what started hapening with my evo after a 2 dozen hard launches, it meant the clutch needed changing, i wouldnt blame the tune, its not that much horsepower to make the clutch give up so soon

good luck,

wish you came to yesterdays national sprint, those are always fun

Old 12-24-2011, 03:26 AM
Teamspeed Pro
MC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond repute
Color me confused tips

Did you enter the sprint or just watch?

Old 12-24-2011, 03:51 AM
Teamspeed Pro
tips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond repute
enter..ed

Old 12-24-2011, 03:57 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Create a thread and post pics la

Old 12-24-2011, 04:14 AM
Teamspeed Pro
naa im too lazy

Name:  IMG_0685.jpg
Views: 156
Size:  194.3 KB

im stuck at 1:19 no mater how hard i try, however iv aranged a rather experienced individual for some lessons next time around, i expect an easy second maybe 2 instantly just by sitting with him, id be extremly hapy with 1:18 to be honest

one for you

Name:  IMG_0672.jpg
Views: 161
Size:  158.6 KB

Old 12-25-2011, 02:12 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
hesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond repute
FWIW, i think this is a great thread for several reasons:

1) it shows how slippery a slope tuning is-- as others have pointed out;
2) it shows a tuner at their best when it comes to after sales support, willing to go the extra mile to help out a customer, even when he is half a world away;
3) it shows that not everyone will have the same patience or tolerance for working out the kinks of a tuned car, regardless how obvious the problem seems to be, for other folk.

i do think its a clutch problem, based on all the available evidence, but totally understand also how the OP just isn't willing to deal with the hassle of having to figure it out and risk damage to his pride and joy.

Old 12-25-2011, 02:31 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
jumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by hesperus
FWIW, i think this is a great thread for several reasons:

1) it shows how slippery a slope tuning is-- as others have pointed out;
2) it shows a tuner at their best when it comes to after sales support, willing to go the extra mile to help out a customer, even when he is half a world away;
3) it shows that not everyone will have the same patience or tolerance for working out the kinks of a tuned car, regardless how obvious the problem seems to be, for other folk.

i do think its a clutch problem, based on all the available evidence, but totally understand also how the OP just isn't willing to deal with the hassle of having to figure it out and risk damage to his pride and joy.
Hi hesperus,

I fully agree to what you write...and Im also sorry to hear that MC321 has some problems with his white "beauty". I dont know anything about Switzer, but what I know is that there are other companies (Ruf, Manthey, Cargraphic etc) from which I only hear very positive things through my friends. All the three have long standing experience - RUF is probably the best guy around for turbo charged 911s..I have once seen their workshop..a masterpiece...

The Ruf CTR2...another dream machine..but thats a different story..

Lets hope MC321 gets his problems solved soon..

Old 12-25-2011, 03:01 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
zzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond repute
My clutch started slipping after my mods, which added around 90hp/tq. My slipping did not start until about 1000 miles on the increased power. My slipping happened in the first three gears but only under very heavy load. Like when I was trying to get some timed runs and very hard take offs. So I will be getting a new stronger clutch soon, which does have its advantages. I would not be able to go back to stock after experiencing the power (crack).
As great as softronics, which I believe is the same as Switzer, they are not very aggressive tunes. Evoms and Giac usually give higher numbers. I cant prove this statement but its what I have heard by many.

Quick Reply: My first mod - Hint: Switzer Tune