Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My first mod - Hint: Switzer Tune

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2011, 11:34 AM
Teamspeed Pro
MC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JonA85
Great mod MC. How about some videos??
Unfortunately we were under-equiped and under-staffed for dyno videos.. I'm bummed.. but will have some in-car footage from the next track day hopefully..

Old 09-28-2011, 11:36 AM
Teamspeed Pro
MC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by edbhr
Latif, it's time for a stable photo shoot. I still think your Black M coupe is one of the nicest M cars in town.
I've been thinking about it for a while.. couldn't work the logistics out.. and it just so happens that 2 cars were sold today.. they just came out of the blue.. the pickup and the z4 are gone..

I will hopefully do a GT2 and Z3M photo-shoot when the weather gets better..

Old 09-28-2011, 11:40 AM
Teamspeed Member
Kayman has a brilliant futureKayman has a brilliant futureKayman has a brilliant futureKayman has a brilliant futureKayman has a brilliant futureKayman has a brilliant futureKayman has a brilliant futureKayman has a brilliant futureKayman has a brilliant futureKayman has a brilliant futureKayman has a brilliant future
Good job, Softronic is the way to go!

Old 09-28-2011, 11:44 AM
Teamspeed Pro
^^ Switzer is the way to go

Old 09-28-2011, 01:37 PM
Teamspeed Pro
RFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant future
Awesome #'s, nice work.

Old 09-28-2011, 01:41 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Neil Switzer has a brilliant futureNeil Switzer has a brilliant futureNeil Switzer has a brilliant futureNeil Switzer has a brilliant futureNeil Switzer has a brilliant futureNeil Switzer has a brilliant futureNeil Switzer has a brilliant futureNeil Switzer has a brilliant futureNeil Switzer has a brilliant futureNeil Switzer has a brilliant futureNeil Switzer has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by MC321
^^ Switzer is the way to go
Softronic is one of our many Technological Partners, between Tym Switzer and Scott Slauson, whom combined have over 50 years of tuning experience. The tune is far from an "off the shelf" file.

Old 09-28-2011, 02:01 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Mike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond repute
Nice touch! Enjoy it safely bro!

Old 09-29-2011, 05:41 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud of
MC, ,Many thanks for sharing your story and pics.

Trying to measure on a chassis dyno is very difficult (forgetting how inaccurate they are in the first place ) since especially on GT2s with their high boost levels, the intake temps go very high and very quickly. As soon as your intake temp goes over 55c you are losing power.....

I tried dynoing mine on a chassis dyno with similar cooling as your pics show and I was watching the IATs during the run and trust me, they shoot up so quickly.

The only way to be happy with the power numbers is to watch the IATs and ensure that they are staying in the green (ie below 55c)

based on the above your gain could be actually even better than the numbers suggest although the engine really needs some of the back pressure taken out of the system to really help things.

Have you considered cats ? I have a set of Cargraphic 200 cell bolt on cats which I ran briefly, they would be a nice addition to your package (and sound awesome) but TBH shipping to the mid east would probably kill any deal - do you have a CG dealer over there ?

Old 09-29-2011, 07:48 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Thanks for the input TB. I knew heatsoak had kicked in the first time I took my car to the dyno. Its really hot and humid now, so I know the after numbers are not indicative.

Regarding the exhaust, I've been in touch with Switzer about getting their system provided my dealer doesn't kill my warranty. If I get the green light from them, I'll probably pull the trigger on the exhaust.

Old 10-02-2011, 03:49 PM
Teamspeed Pro
AudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond repute
^ You definitely need an exhaust. It will prolong the life of your turbos and motor. People fail to realize how punishing the weather is in the ME on FI cars. My advice is not to track it with your stock exhaust.

Quick Reply: My first mod - Hint: Switzer Tune