Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wrecked GT2 RS, makes you sad!

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2011, 08:54 PM
contract neg repper for hire
mafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond repute
Wow, RIP to the driver. Be safe out there guys.

Old 09-29-2011, 09:08 PM
Kenyan
M-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond repute
Very sad for the family, RIP I feel for the little boy in the car all the best to the family.

Old 09-29-2011, 09:24 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
savyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Volker_VV
As reported the driver died from a brocken neck. A 13 year old boy on the passenger seat had a brocken arm an survived. He was the son of a friend from the driver.
Horrible. My condolences to all involved. He spun into the Armco, then into the gravel where the car tripped and began to roll. I think that is obvious from the pictures on the website.

And a chance to learn from this:

"Beginning January 1, 2012, Head and Neck restraints will become mandatory in SCCA Club Racing Regional, National and Driver School events. In December 2009, the Board of Directors approved the motion to require a device meeting SFI 38.1 or FIA 8858 specifications, and the announcement appeared in the January 2010 Fastrack® News."

Personally I have always used a HANS device, but that requires 5/6 point harnesses. I have since moved to what I believe is a better solution, one that can be used the stock three-point belts and one that offers protection in lateral impacts that a HANS does not is the Safety Solutions Hutchens Hybrid Pro Device, this a link to the website to which I have no affiliation: Safety Solutions - SFI Race| Head Restraint| Neck Brace| R3 Restraint - Hybrid*Pro

It is incumbent upon the participant to use safety devices. Driving at high speeds is not a game.

Old 09-29-2011, 09:27 PM
Teamspeed Pro
littlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond repute
very sad....RIP

Old 09-29-2011, 09:41 PM
I'm closing this thread.
Alex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond repute
Terrible loss of life. RIP.

Old 09-29-2011, 09:51 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by savyboy
Horrible. My condolences to all involved. He spun into the Armco, then into the gravel where the car tripped and began to roll. I think that is obvious from the pictures on the website.

And a chance to learn from this:

"Beginning January 1, 2012, Head and Neck restraints will become mandatory in SCCA Club Racing Regional, National and Driver School events. In December 2009, the Board of Directors approved the motion to require a device meeting SFI 38.1 or FIA 8858 specifications, and the announcement appeared in the January 2010 Fastrack® News."

Personally I have always used a HANS device, but that requires 5/6 point harnesses. I have since moved to what I believe is a better solution, one that can be used the stock three-point belts and one that offers protection in lateral impacts that a HANS does not is the Safety Solutions Hutchens Hybrid Pro Device, this a link to the website to which I have no affiliation: Safety Solutions - SFI Race| Head Restraint| Neck Brace| R3 Restraint - Hybrid*Pro

It is incumbent upon the participant to use safety devices. Driving at high speeds is not a game.
This is good news, thanks!

This particular accident especially sucks because of how easily his death could have been prevented. Always when a driver dies from lack of neck restraint.

Old 10-02-2011, 06:47 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Bullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant future
Rip

Old 10-02-2011, 07:15 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
jpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond repute
Sad to see this...RIP.

Old 10-03-2011, 01:19 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Yoops Racing is on a distinguished roadYoops Racing is on a distinguished roadYoops Racing is on a distinguished roadYoops Racing is on a distinguished road
using a HANS Device should be mandatory IMHO for these events ...RIP

Last edited by Yoops Racing; 10-03-2011 at 01:20 PM.