Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Added "Canards" to the GT3 RS, what do you guys think?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2011, 08:27 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond repute
Hello Ahmed,

Great minds think alike

I like them. I figure they might balance out aero together with the rear wing at Max angle + Gurney Flap and CUP front lip. Maybe not, I just like the look and I was just giving the car a make over after mancation in July;-)

I just changed all the red to gold and painted the front bumper all white. I never liked the red front bumper insert, I had it wrapped white before when the car was wrapped satin white and still had all the red. (Posted the pictures in my 4500 mile trip thread)

Today or next week the red 3 point seat belts, harnesses and door pulls come out o be replaced with all black.

The black Speedster stone guards and yellow lights were some added unrequested touches made by my installer. The stone guards might help at the track, but not likeing the look too much, I think they will come off after the first couple of events. Maybe I will get used to them. The lights should either be all yellow or all white, including side markers and headlights. I like yellow at the track so slower drivers can differentiate between me and other GT3's coming up, but I think it might be a reason to get pulled over n the street, so I will go back to all white.

Attached Images   
Old 08-26-2011, 08:27 AM
Teamspeed Pro
GrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TAHorizon
I like them, but they don't look very substantial in size as far as canards go. It's not like they make your car look bad, but they make me wonder about how functional they really are.
They are as functional as the one on the 4.0 are

Old 08-26-2011, 08:32 AM
Teamspeed Pro
edbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond repute
trakcar, your car looks dope! love it.

Old 08-26-2011, 09:30 AM
Teamspeed Pro
tips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond repute
these things are tiny, Andreas P spoke about how the more agresive areo in the 4.o made it enter a certain corner at the ring without lifting, i think most credit for that goes to the rear wings more agresive atack angle, but they have to give you more than an engine to justify that price , just like the 5kg diet, marketing

these canards are nothing like the gt3r's or the hybrids, these are small and fixed on with 3m, if double sided tape was soo efective why not use it to stick the rear wing on, plus if these things were game changers why arent they on the cups already,

question for the experts that sugested i match the front areo with the rear, many gt3 owners fixed on cup lips, did they need to change their wings? and the cup cars have a much larger agresive wing, i dnt se canards on them

Old 08-26-2011, 09:36 AM
Teamspeed Pro
tips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Hello Ahmed,

Great minds think alike

I like them. I figure they might balance out aero together with the rear wing at Max angle + Gurney Flap and CUP front lip. Maybe not, I just like the look and I was just giving the car a make over after mancation in July;-)

I just changed all the red to gold and painted the front bumper all white. I never liked the red front bumper insert, I had it wrapped white before when the car was wrapped satin white and still had all the red. (Posted the pictures in my 4500 mile trip thread)

Today or next week the red 3 point seat belts, harnesses and door pulls come out o be replaced with all black.

The black Speedster stone guards and yellow lights were some added unrequested touches made by my installer. The stone guards might help at the track, but not likeing the look too much, I think they will come off after the first couple of events. Maybe I will get used to them. The lights should either be all yellow or all white, including side markers and headlights. I like yellow at the track so slower drivers can differentiate between me and other GT3's coming up, but I think it might be a reason to get pulled over n the street, so I will go back to all white.

PETER! i needed you here hehe, i love what youve done, and i know this aint final, your never going to stop

Old 08-26-2011, 10:32 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by tips
these things are tiny, Andreas P spoke about how the more agresive areo in the 4.o made it enter a certain corner at the ring without lifting, i think most credit for that goes to the rear wings more agresive atack angle, but they have to give you more than an engine to justify that price , just like the 5kg diet, marketing

these canards are nothing like the gt3r's or the hybrids, these are small and fixed on with 3m, if double sided tape was soo efective why not use it to stick the rear wing on, plus if these things were game changers why arent they on the cups already,

question for the experts that sugested i match the front areo with the rear, many gt3 owners fixed on cup lips, did they need to change their wings? and the cup cars have a much larger agresive wing, i dnt se canards on them

Tips, I agree that the benefit is marginal, probably not enough for me to notice on track. I put them on because I like to add OEM Porsche "upgrades" usually CUP stuff, but these are cool to me.

If I really wanted to go faster, I could drop 20KG of my fat ass.

Maybe the dive planes add more drag negative then front downforce positive and maybe more marketing than anything else.
But I did see a 05-1.5 second a lap improvement when I put on the front CUP lip and rear Gurney flap.
This is not placebo effect, I did the testing same track, same everything within one hour. Behind the wheel I could not tell, but my lap time was faster and I am not very fast, but a am consistent, usually withing a thenth of a second.
There is no "need" to change downforce to match front to rear, some tracks/drivers will like different levels of downforce front and rear. I have the rear wing set to "max" and added Gurney and I am to lazy to level it for tracks where I might want less downforce for laptime, and I like to have the extra downforce, even if it might slow me down overall.
With the CUP LSD the rear is so much more planted through the fast corners then how the car came.

Manthey and other race teams glue and tape on much larger dive planes and Gurney flaps and they don't come off. My Gurney flap is glued on and has been there for at least 20 track days, probably more. Top speed so far is 160MPH, going to Daytona next month but I am not worried, they don't come off CUP cars either.

Old 08-26-2011, 10:35 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
PETER! i needed you here hehe, i love what youve done, and i know this aint final, your never going to stop
I'm pretty sure I am close to leaving the car alone. orbit might "pretty up" the air ducts, but they are functional and not visable, so we might leave that alone.. Just need to get the black seat belts and the wheel nut recall done and I am calling it a day. I think.

Some have suggested a golden eagle on the hood

Old 08-26-2011, 11:44 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Tips, I agree that the benefit is marginal, probably not enough for me to notice on track. I put them on because I like to add OEM Porsche "upgrades" usually CUP stuff, but these are cool to me.

If I really wanted to go faster, I could drop 20KG of my fat ass.

Maybe the dive planes add more drag negative then front downforce positive and maybe more marketing than anything else.
But I did see a 05-1.5 second a lap improvement when I put on the front CUP lip and rear Gurney flap.
This is not placebo effect, I did the testing same track, same everything within one hour. Behind the wheel I could not tell, but my lap time was faster and I am not very fast, but a am consistent, usually withing a thenth of a second.
There is no "need" to change downforce to match front to rear, some tracks/drivers will like different levels of downforce front and rear. I have the rear wing set to "max" and added Gurney and I am to lazy to level it for tracks where I might want less downforce for laptime, and I like to have the extra downforce, even if it might slow me down overall.
With the CUP LSD the rear is so much more planted through the fast corners then how the car came.

Manthey and other race teams glue and tape on much larger dive planes and Gurney flaps and they don't come off. My Gurney flap is glued on and has been there for at least 20 track days, probably more. Top speed so far is 160MPH, going to Daytona next month but I am not worried, they don't come off CUP cars either.
I'm pretty sure I am close to leaving the car alone. orbit might "pretty up" the air ducts, but they are functional and not visable, so we might leave that alone.. Just need to get the black seat belts and the wheel nut recall done and I am calling it a day. I think.

Some have suggested a golden eagle on the hood

oh i se, thanks for the input, you know best and again your car looks great

Old 08-26-2011, 03:26 PM
Teamspeed Member
falgo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!falgo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!falgo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!falgo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!falgo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!falgo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!falgo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!falgo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!falgo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!falgo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!falgo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Come on tips!! Hit us with another thread!!

Old 08-26-2011, 08:51 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Windchaser911 is on a distinguished roadWindchaser911 is on a distinguished roadWindchaser911 is on a distinguished roadWindchaser911 is on a distinguished roadWindchaser911 is on a distinguished roadWindchaser911 is on a distinguished road
I like it!