Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone Going To The 918 Event This Month ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2011, 08:39 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by wtdoom
My friend as we have discussed , It seems too digital for analogue wtdoom . Also I fear the hybrid tech ( still in its infancy ) will be extinct in no time at all . I am concerned about the 4wd etc etc . I dont mind the PDK because I have the CGT , but although I think it looks stunning its not grabbing me by the danglies if you get my drift .
Having said all that my OPC has very kindly invited me out to this fantastic event ( they are confident when I talk to the engineers I will be a believer btw ) so I thought it was rude to decline ( and I am really looking forward to the experience ) . I feel very privileged for the invite so if nothing else I will have a great time ( I hope ) and have my mind put to rest one way or the other . To boldly go and all that ...
logical. im sure it will be an enjoyable event regardless, i would be surprised if they turn you but as you said you already have the zenith of the analog world so why not check out what the digital frontier has on offer. considering we share philosophies on the matter i look forward to your report.

Old 08-05-2011, 08:41 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
wtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by IIVVX
logical. im sure it will be an enjoyable event regardless, i would be surprised if they turn you but as you said you already have the zenith of the analog world so why not check out what the digital frontier has on offer. considering we share philosophies on the matter i look forward to your report.
Ill try and put a good write up together and will photograph as much as im allowed to .

Old 08-06-2011, 01:30 AM
Teamspeed Member
A430v is a name known to allA430v is a name known to allA430v is a name known to allA430v is a name known to allA430v is a name known to allA430v is a name known to allA430v is a name known to allA430v is a name known to allA430v is a name known to allA430v is a name known to allA430v is a name known to all
Originally Posted by W8MM
The event is for deposit payers and other "qualified" prospects.

Carrera GT ownership (as in bought from a dealer new) is one qualification. There may be others.

Look for a tall guy with glasses and thinning hair (me)
Time to shake up the dealer/PCNA about this... <frown> Got invited to the pre-Carrera GT event out in Leipzig, which also sold us on a Cayenne Turbo. The Carrera GT didn't need selling. The 918 though, another story. Would love to hear and experience the machine and wonder if it's really worth $845,000, nearly double the price of a CGT...

Old 08-06-2011, 01:31 AM
Teamspeed Member
A430v is a name known to allA430v is a name known to allA430v is a name known to allA430v is a name known to allA430v is a name known to allA430v is a name known to allA430v is a name known to allA430v is a name known to allA430v is a name known to allA430v is a name known to allA430v is a name known to all
Ill try and put a good write up together and will photograph as much as im allowed to .
Looking forward to this! I wrote one for the pre-Carrera GT event for Rennteam.

Old 08-06-2011, 08:26 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
wtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by A430v
Looking forward to this! I wrote one for the pre-Carrera GT event for Rennteam.
Mate , i'd absolutely LOVE to read that . You wouldnt have a linky or pdf at all would you ?

Old 08-06-2011, 08:59 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Overtaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond repute
Tell them you are concerned the gas mileage may not be high enough because that's what you look for in a supercar...

Then ask them if the hybrid thing was something the Carrera GT owners were demanding, or if the hybrid thing is being pushed on Carrera GT owners.

Last edited by Overtaker; 08-06-2011 at 09:01 AM.
Old 08-06-2011, 09:25 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Full Tilt Rally You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Full Tilt Rally You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Full Tilt Rally You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Full Tilt Rally You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Full Tilt Rally You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Full Tilt Rally You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Full Tilt Rally You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Full Tilt Rally You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Full Tilt Rally You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Full Tilt Rally You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Full Tilt Rally You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by Overtaker

Then ask them if the hybrid thing was something the Carrera GT owners were demanding, or if the hybrid thing is being pushed on Carrera GT owners.
This x1,000,000!!!!!

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Teamspeed

Old 08-06-2011, 10:23 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Fear not gents I will get to the bottom of this

Old 08-06-2011, 10:47 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
I like how they have the event a few days after the speculated press day of the 991. They'll probably try to offer you a 918 Edition 991, you know to "hold you over".

Enjoy wtdoom!

Old 08-07-2011, 03:42 AM
Teamspeed Member
Mate , i'd absolutely LOVE to read that . You wouldnt have a linky or pdf at all would you ?
Pre-event (short report):
Link

Pre-event pix (better ones without the ugly (c) notices):
Link

2nd visit to Leipzig (long report):
Link

Pix from 2nd visit:
Link

Last edited by A430v; 08-07-2011 at 03:45 AM.

Quick Reply: Anyone Going To The 918 Event This Month ?