Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TPC Racing | Teamspeed.com Mosport Update Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2011, 08:30 AM
TEAMSPEED.COM
TPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond repute
Mike got the win in the Canadian Cup Race!

“What a great race!” enthused Levitas. “I love racing in Canada – I can’t tell you how rewarding it is to race at Mosport. I’ve been racing here since 1998 and I love racing here. It was an up and down day for me – I’ve was fighting a tight race car in the US GT3 race. I wasn’t able to get it into the corners so we made a big change before this race and it really improved the car. But we can get even a little more for tomorrow!”

Toronto’s Cirone Wins Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge Canada at His Home Track — IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge by Yokohoma

And 5th in the IMSA GT3 Challenge.

Racing again today at 855 and 1225!

Attached Images  

Last edited by TPCRacing; 07-24-2011 at 08:35 AM.
Old 07-24-2011, 09:04 AM
Teamspeed Pro
slord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond repute
Big congrats guys! Keep it up!

Old 07-24-2011, 10:00 AM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Harris@TPCRacing You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Harris@TPCRacing You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Harris@TPCRacing You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Harris@TPCRacing You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Harris@TPCRacing You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Harris@TPCRacing You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Harris@TPCRacing You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Harris@TPCRacing You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Harris@TPCRacing You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Harris@TPCRacing You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Harris@TPCRacing You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Now that I found an Internet connection I can post an update.

It was a great weekend at Mosport. Right out of the box during the promoter test day we had a great car and made a few changes to try and get better front grip. We made a change after the US GT3 Cup practice that really proved to be great in the Canadian GT3 Cup qualifying as Mike was able to turn a 1:25.6 which was a faster time than the rest of the Gold cars were able to turn.

When we went to practice for the US GT3 series, the car was too tight. We tried making a change that did not help as much as we planned so we headed back to the setup pad to try something for the race.

During the US GT3 race, the car was a little better but still too tight. We started 5th and Mike was working on 4th and running the times that P2 was running. When Mike was getting to the car in P4, the car running P6 made very hard impact with the tire wall down the hill going into 3 which brought out a very long caution.

The race was under yellow for 15 minutes, leaving us with a green white checker finish. Those are exciting finishes to watch, but it was tough not having the time to run down for a better position.

For the Canadian race later that afternoon, we decided to make one more change. And this time it worked! The grip was there and Mike just took off when the green dropped. Lap after lap as I was calling out the gap, it was increasing by 7 seconds a lap. By the end of the race, Mike took the checker winning by more than 20 seconds ahead of P2!

It was a great weekend and a great experience being with everyone from Porsche in Germany, everyone from Porsche Cars Canada, Porsche Motorsport North America and all of the great officials and everyone from IMSA who always do anything possible to make our weekend even better.