Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3 RS drivers who also have Ferrari F458?

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2011, 01:03 AM
Teamspeed Member
terrence has a reputation beyond reputeterrence has a reputation beyond reputeterrence has a reputation beyond reputeterrence has a reputation beyond reputeterrence has a reputation beyond reputeterrence has a reputation beyond reputeterrence has a reputation beyond reputeterrence has a reputation beyond reputeterrence has a reputation beyond reputeterrence has a reputation beyond reputeterrence has a reputation beyond repute
RS is more a direct extension of the driver. You feel more at one with the car. The 458 is a bigger car and is much more comfortable but actually quicker under any circumstances, yet the RS would feel almost as quick but more interactive and "fun". 458 is a little hotter looking in my neck of the woods, since even an RS still looks like any 997 with fancy colors and a wing. The 458 is a show-stopper wherever it goes.

Is this any help?

Old 07-19-2011, 03:19 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Ludas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by terrence
The 458 is a bigger car and is much more comfortable but actually quicker under any circumstances, yet the RS would feel almost as quick but more interactive and "fun".
The RS is quicker on both Nürburgring and Hockenheim. Rundenzeiten Nürburgring - SPORT AUTO

Old 07-19-2011, 10:14 AM
Teamspeed Member
terrence has a reputation beyond reputeterrence has a reputation beyond reputeterrence has a reputation beyond reputeterrence has a reputation beyond reputeterrence has a reputation beyond reputeterrence has a reputation beyond reputeterrence has a reputation beyond reputeterrence has a reputation beyond reputeterrence has a reputation beyond reputeterrence has a reputation beyond reputeterrence has a reputation beyond repute
Not according to CAR magazine July 2011 where it was even quicker than a GT2 RS on the track driven by a professional driver.

Old 07-19-2011, 02:04 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Ludas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond repute
First of all they didn't test the cars on the tracks I mentioned. Second, have you read this thread? https://teamspeed.com/forums/458-430...ari-spins.html

Third, 458 quicker than a GT2 RS on a track? Not gonna happen.

Old 07-19-2011, 07:45 PM
Teamspeed Pro
GTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by STOPPIE
458 is on a different level compared to any Porsche. Blasphemy I know; but the 458 is just one of those cars on the 'must' have list- and not b/c its a F car. Its because you can't spend better money on a car in that league. It's simply rediculously awesome. You could freak'n Daily Drive it! It's that smooth!
This hurts.........

Old 07-20-2011, 12:24 AM
Teamspeed Member
Ynot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Ynot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Ynot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Ynot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Ynot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Ynot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Ynot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Ynot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Ynot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Ynot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Ynot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by Ludas
First of all they didn't test the cars on the tracks I mentioned. Second, have you read this thread? https://teamspeed.com/forums/458-430...ari-spins.html

Third, 458 quicker than a GT2 RS on a track? Not gonna happen.
I think I know what he's referring too, that test was driven by former stig, Ben Collins, not sure which track but the 458 was the quickest. Video was posted on teamspeed somewhere.

Old 07-20-2011, 08:01 AM
Teamspeed Member
Condor Man will become famous soon enoughCondor Man will become famous soon enoughCondor Man will become famous soon enoughCondor Man will become famous soon enoughCondor Man will become famous soon enoughCondor Man will become famous soon enoughCondor Man will become famous soon enough
Have you driven the 458??

Personally I think that the 458 is a far superior vehicle than the RS.

It is technically more advanced, it feels faster and sounds better.

Although I rate Chris Harris Highly, I personally believe that there is only one car in this equation and it is the 458.....

And I am a massive Porsche Guy......

Old 07-20-2011, 10:51 AM
Teamspeed Member
Thank you. I have both and don't need to be biased. I fully expect my 4.0 to be more "fun" to drive than my 458, but the 458 will be faster on almost any road or track because of the "suspension de-coupling" feature, the weight distribution, the transmission, and the power to weight ratio, especially in the hands of an average enthusiast and not a pro driver.

Old 07-20-2011, 07:35 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
stockholm996TT is an unknown quantity at this point
Terrence: Thanks for your thoughts! And quite a nice stable you have... I obiously had a prejudiced view on Ferraris, being a Porsche nut, and I was surprised how nice the car was to drive. Did your enthusiasm for the 458 wear off, when you got used to the "cool" unporsche-like features like paddle shifts, show stopping looks, space ship interior design etc?

Old 07-21-2011, 01:43 AM
Teamspeed Member
They both have their virtues. If I can only have one, I would choose the 458 only because it is a better daily driver and is quicker also. If it is a weekend toy, then i would pick the 4.0 because it will be more fun to drive.

Quick Reply: GT3 RS drivers who also have Ferrari F458?