Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SharkWerks GT3 3.9L Comes in for some Brembo & HRE Updates

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2011, 09:57 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
snowboarder54 is a glorious beacon of lightsnowboarder54 is a glorious beacon of lightsnowboarder54 is a glorious beacon of lightsnowboarder54 is a glorious beacon of lightsnowboarder54 is a glorious beacon of lightsnowboarder54 is a glorious beacon of lightsnowboarder54 is a glorious beacon of lightsnowboarder54 is a glorious beacon of lightsnowboarder54 is a glorious beacon of lightsnowboarder54 is a glorious beacon of lightsnowboarder54 is a glorious beacon of light
Okay, I had a chance to take a 80 mile trip over some of my best local roads today to give both the new Brembos and the new Super sports a proper thrashing. The brakes are just what I expected; superb in every aspect!! I have never been one to really abuse brakes, probably because as a youngster I had a very bad experience running out of brakes in my second 356A racing a Cobra down Big Bear Mt. back in 1963, but I won’t bore you with that, however that may chance after today. These Brembos are great. To give you an idea I drove just over 80 miles as hard as anyone should over public roads averaging only 10.5 mpg! I did a lot of threshold braking which is something I rarely do and it felt like I could just hammer them all day, just delightful! I did notice more ABS kicking in however I think that was primarily because I was braking so late and just got caught up in the power of these big boys. The Super Sports also performed way beyond my expectations! I was pleasantly surprised as they allowed me to really get in a nice rhythm right from the gate. They have an equivalent crisp turn-in to the MPSC’s and gave me plenty of warning before loosing grip, which did happen on a couple occasions but was very manageable. I should point out that I did go up a size on the fronts to 245 and suggest doing so to anyone who is considering going with these tires. The fronts will give you a nice audible warning when they are reaching their limits but they never really gave up grip. There is no comparison between this tire and the PS2’s, which I hated on the GT3 and only drove about 2000 miles before going back to my MPSC’s. The PS2’s were just horrible by comparison! So in conclusion I will have to say that so far I think the SS’s are a homerun for Michelin but I will hold my breather for awhile longer as I only have driven them for 160 miles. I’ll give an update when I get a few more miles on them on some hot days. As many of you know I have only been getting 2700 miles or less out of the MPSC’s since having the SW 3.9, I was averaging 3200 with the stock motor. So I’m very curious to see how these will last! I’m stoked!

Old 05-22-2011, 08:40 PM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
This car is perfection

Old 05-23-2011, 01:12 PM
Former Sponsor
Dan@SharkWerks has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SharkWerks has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SharkWerks has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SharkWerks has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SharkWerks has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SharkWerks has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SharkWerks has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SharkWerks has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SharkWerks has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SharkWerks has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SharkWerks has a reputation beyond repute
Super Sports also performed way beyond my expectations! I was pleasantly surprised as they allowed me to really get in a nice rhythm right from the gate. They have an equivalent crisp turn-in to the MPSC’s and gave me plenty of warning before loosing grip, which did happen on a couple occasions but was very manageable.
Great to hear, keep us posted on how they work out for you. Maybe F1 should switch to these instead of those Pirellis!

Old 05-23-2011, 07:46 PM
Teamspeed Member
E36-RAT is a glorious beacon of lightE36-RAT is a glorious beacon of lightE36-RAT is a glorious beacon of lightE36-RAT is a glorious beacon of lightE36-RAT is a glorious beacon of lightE36-RAT is a glorious beacon of lightE36-RAT is a glorious beacon of lightE36-RAT is a glorious beacon of lightE36-RAT is a glorious beacon of lightE36-RAT is a glorious beacon of lightE36-RAT is a glorious beacon of light
Just superb!, perfect look and all round performance I love it!

Old 05-24-2011, 07:36 AM
Teamspeed Pro
RFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant future
Damn, nice work!

Old 06-07-2011, 02:08 PM
Former Sponsor
sharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by E36-RAT
Just superb!, perfect look and all round performance I love it!
Me too it's the best 997gt3 you'll find No bias!