Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

918 Revisited

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2011, 06:33 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
And Autoblog announced the GT2 RS was sold out before they even hit the dealers... Now they're for sale sitting on dealer lots everywhere.

Old 05-15-2011, 08:07 PM
sean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Carrera
And Autoblog announced the GT2 RS was sold out before they even hit the dealers... Now they're for sale sitting on dealer lots everywhere.
.....because every dealer that had those sitting on the lot had a "client" that order one.

What I mean is that it is not uncommon for a dealer to use a clients name to get a car, even if that client doesn't want it. Hence they can sell a used car with 10 miles on it for way over MSRP. It's really shady. Even ferrari dealers did it with the 599 GTO and with that car you had to be approved by the regional rep.

Old 05-16-2011, 12:05 AM
Teamspeed Pro
hg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Eniffer
He has a few cars to say the least, carrera GT, Scud, 16m, Turbo S. loves his cars and drives them all pretty hard

get him on this forum asap!

Old 05-16-2011, 08:04 AM
TEAMSPEED.COM
dk996tt has a reputation beyond reputedk996tt has a reputation beyond reputedk996tt has a reputation beyond reputedk996tt has a reputation beyond reputedk996tt has a reputation beyond reputedk996tt has a reputation beyond reputedk996tt has a reputation beyond reputedk996tt has a reputation beyond reputedk996tt has a reputation beyond reputedk996tt has a reputation beyond reputedk996tt has a reputation beyond repute
After the crash in 2008, everyone with money is more considerate about how they spend their entertainment dollars. You can certainly get a lot more for your money as cash is definitely king right now more than ever. For me, I would literally have to give up the CGT, 599, and 458 to drive a 918. Hmmmm, it's a no brainer as I am getting way more bang for my buck with my current stable. You really got want this thing bad and have to throw around a million bucks like it's cigarette money. Most Porsche buyers are just not at that level of wealth. I think a CGT successor at or around $495K would have done well.

Old 05-16-2011, 10:14 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
I was at BW in Plano this morning: they have 2 customers that have ordered and initial $200K down payments.

Old 05-16-2011, 04:00 PM
Banned
cstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nice
Originally Posted by sean73T
.....because every dealer that had those sitting on the lot had a "client" that order one.

What I mean is that it is not uncommon for a dealer to use a clients name to get a car, even if that client doesn't want it. Hence they can sell a used car with 10 miles on it for way over MSRP. It's really shady. Even ferrari dealers did it with the 599 GTO and with that car you had to be approved by the regional rep.
I just want to clarify a few things:

If a dealer orders the car for a customer that doesn't want it (which as you point out they do to get the allocation), that doesn't mean it is sold as "used". They may mark the car sold to Porsche which starts the warranty and what not but it is still an MSO car. Then it is just an untitled car with a rolling warranty. To be "used" the car must be titled.

New cars can be sold over MSRP. PCNA has no control over this as Stoppie has explained in the past. As far as I know Ferrari does not either. I know plenty of people the dealer nearest me has nailed over MSRP on the reg. The only recourse mfg's may have over this in the US that I have been made aware of is in the event the car is a lemon, if the dealer sells the car over MSRP, the dealer is responsible for refunding the whole amount to the customer for that car and the mfg will not pay a cent. This is what the owner of the group I worked for explained to me when R8's were going over MSRP.

This isn't to say someone won't work an agreement with the dealer where they buy the car, take delivery, sell it back and then get a percentage of the profit over MSRP when the car is resold, but then we are talking used car vs. an allocation received just because a name was slapped on it and there was no RDR that took place.

Old 05-16-2011, 05:21 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Ferrari Colchester UK is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Ferrari FL
Scud and a 16M, we like this guy!
I like him to, I am now the Business Manager at Ferrari Maserati Colchester UK. Eniffer-----Ferrari Colchester UK