Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

918 Revisited

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2011, 08:24 PM
Teamspeed Pro
GTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond repute
918 Revisited

I hear sales are IN THE TANK and hardly anyone has placed an order. I only know of one person. Does anyone have any info on where this deal is going with noone buying? And, does anyone know someone buying one, or is someone here buying? They are in trouble with this IMHO.

Old 05-03-2011, 08:27 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
It's too damn much money. Even really rich guys can swing $300K, $400K, even $500K for a car, but dropping what will likely be close to $1MM after options, taxes, etc. is a tough pill to swallow unless you've got numbers with nine zeroes in your bank account...

Old 05-03-2011, 08:31 PM
Teamspeed Pro
GTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond repute
^Doesn't matter what's in your account. It's still not worth it. They should have asked some "big" customers about some of this first.

Old 05-03-2011, 08:39 PM
Teamspeed Member
Tacet-C is on a distinguished roadTacet-C is on a distinguished roadTacet-C is on a distinguished road
That is what is forcing my hand on a 959 finally. The 918 is too damned expensive. I was looking at $600K tops before title and duty. It's overpriced.

Old 05-03-2011, 08:43 PM
Teamspeed Pro
^Well, I don't want to get off my thread too much, but a 959 is a smarter buy.

Noone is commenting about sales or anything. It got damn quiet.

Old 05-03-2011, 08:52 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
These are out of my league, so I'm not one with any insight.

BUT, the rumored 961 (Mid-Engine V8 based somewhat on 918) can't help. In theory it sounds more 'driveable & realistic' than the 918, at a price point between the GT2RS and 918. Of course, there's a pretty LARGE gap in pricing there, so it could mean $400K, or it could mean $700K.

And since it's tied to 918 sales, almost of equal interest is how many TTS 918 Spyder Editions have been sold (if any)???

Old 05-03-2011, 08:58 PM
Teamspeed Pro
None in Dallas. Pretty big market. Stronger sales than Houston. That should say quite a bit.

IDK on the 961. They claim the same electric motor stuff. It might be cool, but we aren't ready and don't really want. Noone, and I mean noone, that buys an $850k car could give a damn about gas mileage. Or how cool it is to get 100 mpg on theirs. We want it fast and loud.

(on a side note, post pics of your GTS)

Old 05-03-2011, 09:04 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
im in dallas too and have heard zero interest all round. we have several CGT's in our market, i think we are indicative of the general consensus towards this car.

its overpriced and simply not exciting imo. a car in this range should stun every sense and be a paradigm shift in it of itself. the 918 is not that car.

Old 05-03-2011, 09:04 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
3RS4.0 is an unknown quantity at this point
Word here is that they completely missed the mark on pricing. As in ~$250-$300K too high.

Old 05-03-2011, 09:05 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by jcc2tx
Noone, and I mean noone, that buys an $850k car could give a damn about gas mileage. Or how cool it is to get 100 mpg on theirs. We want it fast and loud.
That should sum up the entire point...just build the next gen Carrera GT. Make the hybrid an Option.

I posted an album of the GTS here. Also need to clean her up and get my black plates added for some better pics. Headed to SF next week, think I'll pickup the SW bypass while I'm there, install it, and then add some pics.

Last edited by dallascajun; 05-03-2011 at 09:07 PM. Reason: Update w/ link

Quick Reply: 918 Revisited