Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Officially Official: The New Porsche 911 GT3 RS 4.0 (Video + Press Shots)

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 11:29 PM
SSR
Teamspeed Member
SSR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SSR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SSR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SSR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SSR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SSR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SSR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SSR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SSR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SSR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SSR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
TKS white

Old 04-29-2011, 02:04 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
i'm thinking paint to custom in red, black wheels, no decals... i'll just add my own tiny decal in black on lower part of the front fender saying "458 Slayer" in typical Porsche font type hahaha
thoughts anyone??

Old 04-29-2011, 02:18 AM
Board Certified Car Fanatic
RufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond repute
Should be a stunning performer...love the release pic specs, sick in white with silver livery.

Old 04-29-2011, 02:23 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
kid100 is an unknown quantity at this point
Porsche GT3 RS 4.0

Attached Images  
Old 04-29-2011, 02:24 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Mike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond repute
I wonder if production models will have bi-xenon as an option. I remember the launch pics of the GT2 RS had them and on production models they were not an option.

Old 04-29-2011, 02:30 AM
Photographer Extraordinaire
atomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Mike S
I wonder if production models will have bi-xenon as an option. I remember the launch pics of the GT2 RS had them and on production models they were not an option.
Mike, you mean yours doesn't have them?

Old 04-29-2011, 02:50 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Mike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by atomic80
Mike, you mean yours doesn't have them?
Unfortunately not. I tried my best to convince them to. None of the GT2 RS has bi-xenon adaptive headlights.

Last edited by Mike S; 04-29-2011 at 02:52 AM.
Old 04-29-2011, 02:55 AM
Photographer Extraordinaire
atomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond repute
Halogens? They've actually put halogen headlights in the GT2 RS? That's news to me...but I kind of can understand why they'd have done that. Maybe weight savings?

Old 04-29-2011, 02:59 AM
Teamspeed Pro
PorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond repute
He's talking about the adaptive headlights, they weigh more than the standard ones hence they skipped it. Not sure why they didn't follow this logic here but they do look 10x better.

Old 04-29-2011, 03:00 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Ressy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the rough
Last night I went to the dealer to specify mine:

White as on the website with white rims
Black/Red Interior
SportClub package
Light seats in alcantara
Steel rotors (of course!)
Front Axle Lifting System
90 liters Tank
White/clear rear lights
Sport Chrono
Harness for passenger
Bluethooth interface on CDR30 Radio
Universal audio-Aux interface
Homelink
Complete Rollbar Cage (with front/lateral elements too)
I've asked to have the roll bar painted in Red as my beloved 3RS MKII
Delivery expected in July!!!!!
Looking forward to it!

Quick Reply: Officially Official: The New Porsche 911 GT3 RS 4.0 (Video + Press Shots)