Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT2 owners, is the GT2 really that bad?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2011, 11:42 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
Old 03-23-2011, 11:48 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
^ John Davis sucks bigtime, he is still doing this crappy TV show.

Old 03-24-2011, 01:08 AM
FTS
Teamspeed Rookie
FTS is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Targa Tim
Very impressive acceleration indeed!

But how do you (or other GT2 supporters) explain that it has similar track time to a GT3RS? Are you implying that it can't turn?
Originally Posted by wyatth
^ I did see how it pulled on the back straight. I also saw how it wasn't pulling at all in the turns.

Never driven either, just shootin' the shit.
I cannot comment on this as I haven't driven one. I had the choice to buy a GT2, I chose the 3, and loving it. However, the power difference is very apparent on the track. I watch that GT2's video as well, a friend of mine, and our cornering speeds are very close except on couple of places. However, that car was on R6 Hohos and I was on R888s. Total difference between us was about 3-4 secs a lap in favor of the GT2. At the end, as always, it is about the driver, not the car IMHO. I can say one thing for certain, that driver and I have been have a LOOOOT of fun since we got the cars nearly at the same time, isn't the fun what it is all about? They are both excellent Porsches.

Old 03-24-2011, 01:35 AM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
Call me crazy, but looks wise, I prefer the 996 GT2 to the 997.

It's cool to see Bob Carlson in that second vid oh roman numeraled one

Old 03-24-2011, 01:54 AM
TEAMSPEED.COM
TPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by FTS
This is at VIR from past weekend. See how the GT2 pulls out on the back straight never to be seen again:

Zone 2 Annual VIR Season Opener on Vimeo
i recognize that car

Old 03-24-2011, 02:00 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Targa Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by FTS
They are both excellent Porsches.
I agreed 100% on this.

Old 03-24-2011, 02:41 AM
Teamspeed Pro
GrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by tips
i personaly dnt think of the gt2 as a superior product to the gt3, certainly quicker though
says the guy with a GT3RS...

Last edited by GrayTT; 03-24-2011 at 08:56 AM.
Old 03-24-2011, 05:17 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Ressy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Targa Tim
I agreed 100% on this.
And me!

Old 03-24-2011, 08:47 AM
FTS
Teamspeed Rookie
FTS is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Casey@TPCRacing
i recognize that car
I am sure you do Casey

Old 03-24-2011, 10:46 AM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JC919
Call me crazy, but looks wise, I prefer the 996 GT2 to the 997.

It's cool to see Bob Carlson in that second vid oh roman numeraled one
call us both crazy then, plus no TC on the 996

Quick Reply: GT2 owners, is the GT2 really that bad?